Lies My Doctor Told Me: Medical Myths That Can Harm Your Health

Lies My Doctor Told Me: Medical Myths That Can Harm Your Health

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Your doctor has tons of patients, probably most with totally different ailments so to be able to keep 100% up to date on everything just doesn't seem reasonable. When he does include any data, it is sketchy and no details are given on: how the data was gathered; who gathered it; when was the data collected; and most importantly was it peer reviewed.

I'll admit, I find this idea intriguing, partly because I've always had a hard time believing a little sun was detrimental. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Berry’s best seller Lies My Doctor Told Me exposes the truth behind all kinds of “lies” told by well-meaning but misinformed medical practitioners. The author blames as responsible for lies Big-pharma, Big-governement, Big-dairy, but somehow forgets about Big-meet, Big-fat and.

He'd also make negative statements about doctors in general and then defend them in the next breath.

Yes, some of the subjects in this book are far from being as clear cut as the doctors use to put it, still that also means it is unclear if that is a lie.My own doctor started recommending statins for me from the first time I saw her 12 years ago (despite the fact that my numbers were normal--it's the 'gold standard of care' for diabetics, apparently.

This book will help you sort through the medical myths and the outright lies, and begin to develop a health partnership with your doctor. He also encourages people to work respectfully, and develop a partnership, with their health care providers, but admits that some doctors simply won't welcome change. In spite of it, there were some segments in the book which are pure gold, which is why I gave it two stars instead of one. He rips apart scientific studies as incomplete, cherry picked data, misrepresented by the stupid press and then kind of does the same thing. He discusses how doctors are human, often overworked, do what's easy like the rest of us and make mistakes.Berry isn't so gentle with his colleagues who are still spouting this old, erroneous information about diet, drugs and conventional "wisdom" for treating a whole host of chronic diseases. It used to anger me to no end to serve hospitalized diabetics their meal trays following the ADA diet, with potatoes, gravy, starchy vegetables, whole grain buns, fake margarine, a tiny portion of some dried out low fat meat, and sugar-free jello. I personally think the tendency towards laziness would be exacerbated by a complete lack of medical standards. I just don't think we realized that there was a negative side to taking antibiotics, and now that we do, most doctors are responding appropriately. This book is not just for people who want to lose weight and live a healthy life but also for doctors and any health-care providers to regain the reputation of western modern medicine.

I work in software, and we understand that best practices are not necessarily universal, but the solution when you find an exception to a best practice is to implement the exception and add it as a valid edge case to the overall knowledge base, and if you see enough of them, to maybe re-evaluate the correctness of the best practice, but not to throw out the entire methodology of establishing best practices. That being said, I'm disappointed with some of the methodologies used to present information in the book. His logic and his arguments are often as flawed if not more flawed than the ones he's supposedly debunking.And so I suffered until my gynecologist, who was examining my neck, asked if I had been tired and constipated lately, and I about fell off the table. So I'm a big Dr Berry fan and have probably heard most of the content through the countless videos of his that I have watched on Youtube. Berry has focused on the chronic diseases caused by the Standard American Diet and Lifestyle, and has made it his mission to turn the tide on the epidemic of Type 2 Diabetes, chronic inflammation and dementia. This author loves pre-warning me of what this book entails and that I should befriend my doctor, but not really telling me any useful information. Ultimately, I think that this doctor in trying to jump outside the box has simply landed in another box, a different box (maybe a slightly better box, maybe not), but a box all the same.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop