Deliverance Lost: Ghosts of Terra (The Horus Heresy)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

And while this story is obviously a sequel on Raven's Flight, it is at the same time a sequel on Legion. Ever since book three I have been obsessed with Corax and now finally fifteen books later he has his own novel. The Alpha legionaries undercover in the Raven Guard disrupt the rebuilding process and damage the gene-tech Corax had uncovered.

Nothing huge happens that effects the main story of the horus heresy so probably can skip but as a fan of raven guard I was excited to get some info on the faction. This stands in heavy contrast to the obsessed, blind figure Corax becomes throughout the book, caring less and less about his fellow Raven Guard and more about his own need for vengeance and the fastest ways to achieve it. character wise I found Corax an interesting primarch, this book does give an adequate insight in his psyche and the basis for his legend among his legion and people. He has to get into contact with his father, who is on the planet Terra(Earth), fighting his own battles.

Gav Thorpe's stuff is always worth a read, at least in my opinion and he manages to humanize Space Marines in a way that some authors struggle with.

It is fitting for the Lord of Ravens in my eyes, and never done to the extent that it would reach into the comical. This book had action, it had cloak-and-dagger spy shit, it had the asshole Alpha Legion, it had a lot of the science behind the gene-enhancing, and it had one of the more expansive single book stories so far in this series. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average.Along with a small force of Legio Custodes and the Mechanicum's Magos Biologis Corax and his honour guard enter "the Labyrinth," a complex underground maze created by the Emperor to protect the Primarch Project.

When the experiments start back home on Deliverance, he pushes aside obvious problems within the Raven Guard, especially between Isstvanites and the remainers under Branne, and the odd behavior of some Legionaries, to focus on the creation of new super-soldiers. Corax finally gets his will when the Raven Guard assault the Perfect Fortress of the Emperor's Children in the final chapter, following on from scenes within the same chapter that would have made for a pretty good ending to the book already.It's a well traveled tale, starting in Istvaan, moving to Terra and finally to the Raven Guard's world of Deliverance. I like the Raven Guard, I like the entries that focus on the Legions themselves, and I like the entries that have less fighting and more macro-level developments. Die Verluste sind so schwerwiegend dass die Raven Guard nicht mehr effektiv gegen Horus und seine Verbündeten vorgehen kann.

All in all though, a solid entry into the series and one that shows of a part of the Heresy that needed a bit more light shining on it. Instead of solving squabbles between two of his most favored and longest-serving sons, he figures he could just replace them if they carry on, but their strife isn't a priority. Although there were some slower parts, deliverance lost still managed to keep its story going until the end. The climax at Ravendelve certainly did, and I thought that appropriate and good enough to not require another batch of combat scenes afterwards - but Corax didn't take an active part in it.Where the Horus heresy series is great is when it tells you something about the history of a Primarch or a Legion you didn't know before and makes you want to see them again. There's lots going on, I loved the dialogue, it's just a good solid book without Remembrancers and it's infinitely more relevant than the TWO Dark Angels books (come on, where are the World Eaters and Blood Angels? Autor des Romans ist der begabte Gav Thorpe, der bereits mit der 'Times Of Legends: The Sundering' Reihe betraut worden war.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop