Mutti San Marzano peeled tomatoes, 6x 400g

Mutti San Marzano peeled tomatoes, 6x 400g

RRP: £7.88
Price: £3.94
£3.94 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Diced: The majority of diced tomatoes on the market include calcium chloride, a preservative added to retain their firmness and shape. Reach for diced when you want distinct tomato chunks in whatever you’re cooking—say, a big pot of chili or baked nachos. Diced tomatoes without calcium chloride (sometimes labeled as “chopped”) break down more readily. The sauce is delicious, but it doesn’t taste quite as good as a traditional Neapolitan pizza sauce. I think the two main problems are that it’s not made from the best tomatoes (don’t get me wrong, they are great, but not the best), and that the basil is not fresh. Flavor: How did the tomatoes taste? Did they taste fresh? Did they have that distinctive San Marzano flavor: sweet and not too acidic? Are there any other additional tastes coming through—good or bad?

Made with authentic Italian recipes and classic Italian seasoning, Mutti pizza sauce has a full bodied flavour and brings a traditional touch to your homemade pizzas, providing you with a vibrant base for your next creation. Mutti pizza sauce Spices usually come in a 400ml, or 14 oz can, which is enough for 4 portion-sized Italian pizzas. I’ve seen it in other containers and sizes too, but the can is what you’ll find most of the time. How Good Mutti Pizza Sauce?

How is it made?

After much slicing, dicing and tasting, our Test Kitchen team found four brands of canned tomatoes that really stood out. Here are the favorites and how to use each. Best Homegrown Flavor: Hunt’s San Marzano Style Tomatoes Appearance: How do the tomatoes look coming out of the can? Are they a rich red color? More orange? Are the tomatoes intact and whole or are they squished and broken apart?

To find the best of the best canned tomatoes, our Test Kitchen experts sampled nine San Marzano tomato brands. The tomatoes were tasted blindly and our prep crew also sliced, diced and pureed these tomatoes to see how they were to work with. All the while our pros kept these criteria in mind: Tester after tester remarked that these Italian-style tomatoes from Cento tasted like a satisfying San Marzano tomato plus a little something extra. Of course, our Test Kitchen pros were right on the money: These tomatoes are real San Marzanos canned with a touch of salt and basil. I must admit, in my early pizza career I did try a lot of store-bought pizza sauces, and they all tasted pretty bad. Some were too sweet (probably filled with cornstarch and other nasty things you don’t want in your pizza sauce). Others barely tasted like tomatoes at all (I don’t even know what was in those sauces…). I therefore gave completely up on store-bought sauce and promised myself many years ago that I would never buy a supermarket pizza sauce again. But after I heard about Mutti’s pizza sauce, I thought maybe I had to give store-bought pizza sauce one last chance. What is Mutti Pizza Sauce?

This unique product combines the finely cut pulpy part of the tomato with the juice – it has a fresh taste and rich texture which ensures an abundance of tomato pieces in every bite is the ideal choice in all recipes that require the use of fresh, ripe tomatoes. It can even be used straight from the tin! These tomatoes came out of the can a vivid red color—exactly what you want for making marinara sauce or pizza sauce. The Alessi tomatoes were a bit softer than other options we tried, but for sauces where you really want the tomato to break down and melt into the mixture, that’s ideal. Additionally, these tomatoes weren’t oversweet—another great feature for cooked sauces. The basil and oregano also don’t taste fresh. Obviously, you can’t have fresh herbs in a can for months, so I’m not blaming Mutti for using bad herbs. But it’s not quite the same.

San Marzano and DOP: These terms are sometimes conflated. San Marzano tomatoes, which are prized for their mellow flavor, can be grown anywhere. Certain San Marzano tomatoes are certified DOP, which guarantees that they’ve been grown, processed, and canned in a specific geographical zone in Italy. As our tests show, neither term is necessarily an indicator of flavor or quality.Lastly, and most importantly, how does it taste on pizza? To try the sauce, I made a classic Pizza margarita with mozzarella and fresh basil. These tomatoes had a very rich red color—essential for homemade tomato soup. Flavor-wise, testers remarked on how Mutti tomatoes walked the line between acidic and savory, and that’s exactly the quality you’re looking for in the tomatoes in your soups and chilis. A touch of acid plays well with other veggies in soups like minestrone, while the savory notes are really what makes homemade chili so homey. We compared like with like, an initial tasting of 21 different types of raw tomato, narrowing it down to the top eight, which I cooked down with olive oil, salt, fresh basil and garlic. Finally, we tried each sauce with a forkful of spaghetti.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop