Amongst Our Weapons: Book 9 in the #1 bestselling Rivers of London series (A Rivers of London novel)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

Amongst Our Weapons: Book 9 in the #1 bestselling Rivers of London series (A Rivers of London novel)

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Detective Chief Inspector Alexander Seawoll; Senior Investigation Officer at the Westminster Murder Investigation Team. An autopsy reveals that whatever blasted the cavernous hole in David Moore’s chest also shot a metal cylinder into his body, and the cylinder had the magical signature known as vestigia, which is made up of faint sensory impressions. Clearly the murder was paranormal in some way, but the type of magic it involved is not one that Peter and Nightingale are familiar with. Aaronovitch in particular has made great strides in taking what was predominantly a US phenomenon in the ‘80s and ‘90s, and not only bringing it bang-up-to-date, but also immersing it in a combination of British wit and culture which has turned out to thoroughly suit the genre.

This article needs additional citations for verification. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. This novel, the ninth in the series, was released on 7 April 2022. [9] Peter Grant, now an expecting father, is tasked to investigate a suspicious magical death in London's silver vaults and uncover a centuries' old mystery.Ximinez: NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise.... I'll come in again.

Ximinez [angrily hurling away the cushions]: Hm! She is made of harder stuff! Cardinal Fang! Fetch...THE COMFY CHAIR! As brilliant and funny as ever … Masterfully crafted – gives the late, great Terry Pratchett a run for his money’ The son of a US senator is stabbed to death, and magic involvement is suspected. An FBI agent is involved with DC Grant's case. Meanwhile, in the sewers near the tunnels of London's Underground, something is happening.The birth, which I had was keenly anticipating, turned out not to be my favorite part of the book. The way it took place made sense and fit the world, but I still didn’t care for it (my reasons are spoilery, so I won’t go into them). Chapman: *I* don't know - Mr Wentworth just told me to come in here and say that there was trouble at the mill, that's all - I didn't expect a kind of Spanish Inquisition. The Hanging Tree Announcement - Gollancz". Archived from the original on 5 July 2018 . Retrieved 18 May 2018. By the standard of murders most gruesome, this was not particularly bad. I've seen headless, faceless, and dismembered bodies. Not to mention the one that was cooked from the inside out. And it's not that you get used to it, but you do feel a little wash of relief if the injury is small and neat and the corpse hasn't yet started to smell. Abigail Kamara; an annoyingly persistent teen-aged girl who is the de facto founding member of the Folly's Youth Wing. Lives at the same estate as Peter's parents.

Overall, this wasn’t the strongest entry in the Rivers of London series (mainly because of the pacing issues, for me), but it was still good. B. You can opt out of our newsletter at any time and we will delete the information you have given us. An opt out link is included on all our newsletters. Detective Constable Sahra Guleed; Attached to Belgravia Murder Investigation Team, often works with Peter when his cases are in London. Beyond the Tron door we turned right into a brightly lit and blindingly white corridor which infinitied off into the distance. It was lined with vault doors and display cases filled with silver. At the far end I could see blue and white tape and forensic types swishing around with cameras and collection kits. As we walked down the corridor I saw that John Tann's name was on every header, but the name of each shop was displayed on the inside of the door so you could see them when the shop was open. Danni closed her eyes and slowed her breathing. It was hard to tell behind the glasses, mask, and hood, but I think she frowned before looking at me.However, this one is a good return to form. Much more in keeping with the first books, which are still by far the strongest in the series. This series is a constant joy to read….I’ve been looking forward all year to find out what happened next, and the book did not disappoint.”—Genevieve Cogman, author of The Invisible Library Magic, including the everyday magic that permeates the world, leaves behind it a trace-an echo, if you like. You've probably felt it all your life-that sense of familiarity when you walk into a strange room, that shiver you felt for no reason on a particular stretch of pavement, the sense that someone just whispered your name. These can all be vestigia, or they can be random misfiring of neurons, a memory or even a daydream. Separating the two takes training and practice, and is the first step in becoming a Falcon-capable officer. The mystery at the center of Amongst Our Weapons was intricate and fresh, possibly the best in the series (the other that’s in contention with that for me is the one from Foxglove Summer). I wasn’t expecting this mystery’s twists and turns, and the resolution to how to stop the angel from killing again was creative, surprising, and engaging. Some far-reaching consequences and culminations took place late in the book, too. I wouldn’t quite call Amongst Our Weapons a gamechanger but it came close. We'll let Nightingale argue the toss with Stephanopoulos," I said-that being, in my opinion, what senior officers were for.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop