FREE Shipping

Hex

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Thomas Olde Heuvelt is obsessed with nipples. There are so many damn nipples in this book. Gross rotting witch's nipples, creepy sexual assault nipples, giant metaphorical nipples. The nipples of a teenage boy are also described in detail at one point. This dude LOVES (or possibly is deeply terrified of?) nipples. But this little town has rules. You can't mention or film the witch. You can't touch her. You can't ever move out of town because the over-whelming feeling of wanting to commit suicide comes over you. it’s a dark and fairly astonishing story. it’s so deadpan, direct, expository at the beginning that you trust it implicitly, confident that you have the lay of the land - but reader assumptions built upon character assumptions = a passel of asses. Está es una historia desgarradora, triste y lamentablemente real que la autora toma, aborda y en base a ella crea un acontecimiento ficticio dónde dos "brujas" se conectan, una es Duncan, en su celda, y la otra es un Iris del siglo XXI que la acompaña en sus últimos momentos de una forma muy particular.

The atmosphere was equally thin. This is the Hudson Valley -- Headless Horseman territory! -- but Heuvelt couldn't manage to make his woods sound threatening. Suspense didn't build so much as drag -- events occurred, but there was no ramping up of tension. There was no tension. It's that time of year again. When the leaves start turning and the air gets cooler...wut? I live in the south. That crap ain't happening. But I still wanted some scary reading.Puedo afirmar que ha sido la mejor lectura del año, sin ninguna duda. Todo lo que aquí se conjuga es absolutamente aterrador y la forma de narrarlo, absolutamente magnífica 😍 it’s not a perfect book - again, the characters are just there to move the plot along, there’s a sexual assault in the jail that seems unlikely and gratuitous, and it doesn’t quite commit to exploring all the doors of its own reveal, but it’s winky-clever and surprising and it just explodes into smalltown mass-panic chaos at the end like stephen king writing salem directed by michael bay. Lo paranormal, la bruja como un ente maligno y con una gran influencia es el mal encarnado, sí, y puede que su aspecto y el suspenso de qué es lo que pretende vagando por más de 300 años en aquel lugar solo sea producto de una venganza o quizás otra cosa. Lo cierto es que da miedo y tiene aterrorizado a todos los habitantes pero lo que queda claro en la medida que avanzas es que las personas que viven en el pueblo son igual o mucho más peores que ella. La prueba viviente está en cómo adoctrinan a los muchachos desde pequeños manteniéndolos en aislamiento, los torturan psicológicamente para que no cometan alguna tontería a favor de la bruja y si incumplen algún decreto serán castigados físicamente. Vamos, que la moral y los derechos básicos son violentados solo por el miedo que supone la figura monstruosa de la bruja. Y sus leyes no tienen nada que envidiarle a los de la edad media ya que lo que hoy en día se considera una persona civilizada aquí es la representación del más puro salvajismo animal e irracional.

Praise for HEX Thomas Olde Heuvelt (1983) is the international bestselling author of HEX. The much-praised novel was published in over twenty-five countries around the world and is currently in development for TV by Gary Dauberman. Olde Heuvelt, whose last name in Dutch dialect means “Old Hill,” was the first ever translated author to win a Hugo Award for his short story "The Day the World Turned Upside Down". Los diálogos se me hacían poco naturales en algunas partes, se me han hecho artificiales. También se han querido meter muchas situaciones a modo de ejemplo en alguno de los discursos de Iris que hacen que sientas que la historia no es más que una excusa y queda un poco forzado. No me ha gustado mucho el estilo, pero si esto son cosas que a ti no te importan te animo a leer el libro. This was certainly an attempt by the author to be funny, but it didn’t work for me: I thought it was neither funny nor scary. Most of the time I was just wondering if the author intentionally wanted this to be comical or not. Rizzio brought out the best in Mina, as this has with Fagan, and I very much look forward to Alan Warner’s offering later this year. Pantone is an international company that creates color standards for designers and manufacturers. They make a standard system for naming colors based on their hue, value, and saturation. This guide will teach you how to use this system in your designs.The RGB Model is used by web developers and graphic artists who use computers to manipulate images. This model uses three primary colors – red, blue, and green, and it also includes a fourth color – white. In between all those edge of the seat moments though is quiet comtemplation, observations of human nature that dig into those dark recesses of humanity, to that part of all of us where we are still children hiding from the boogey man. This is proper old school horror where often what you don’t see is far worse than what you do – it reminded me of King when he’s right on it, messing with your head and getting you jumping at shadows. Hex had that in spades, it grabs you and does not let go, is paced to perfection, written beautifully and basically just scares the crap out of you. From the premise, this sounds like a creepy witch book, but I would argue that the people in this town are far worse. Spielbergian in the way Olde Heuvelt shows supernatural goings-on in the midst of everyday life... It’s a fabulous, unforgettable conceit and Olde Heuvelt makes the most of it.” ―The Guardian Big thank you to the Willoughby Book Club for sending me HEX based on the kind of books I enjoy reading. I have no idea how they knew I didn't have this book--but they're the experts.

Brutalidad, fanatismo, supersticiones, ambientación sobrenatural con una atmósfera oscura y decadente. Eso y más en Hex. extry points given to me, by me, for choosing a book that has been in my house for more than a year.You know what’s funny about her?’ Justin mused. ‘For a fairy-tale character she’s, like, chronically ugly.’ Essie Winterscale lives in a huge and ever-changing house in the village of Good Winter, in deepest, darkest Essex. She lives with various witches of various ages, one of whom is still a bit salty about being hanged in the 1700s, one who keeps accidentally casting fertility spells, and one who knits things that create the future. Iris es una mera espectadora, no me aportó nada y considero que hubiera dado igual si se hubiera omitido su presencia. En teoría, su objetivo es que, con pequeñas frases, deje caer que en el año 2021 el machismo seguía vigente. Lo malo es que no conocemos sus circunstancias ni cómo es exactamente su situación personal, por lo que es complicado comprender el hartazgo y desilusión que transmite. la humanidad ha demostrado una y otra vez su tendencia a cruzar límites que no debería cruzar. Y tenemos muchísimas razones para creer que, si abre los ojos y empieza a pronunciar sus hechizos, moriremos todos. Por eso la mantenemos oculta. No conviene que la entendamos..., no debemos entenderla. Katherine es una bomba de relojería paranormal."💀

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop