Kallo Protein Packed Lentil Cakes 100g (Pack of 6)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

In a hot pan, brown the lentil rice cakes in olive oil (½ tsp) on both sides and then put in the oven and bake at 375°F until cooked through. These hearty, healthy red lentil patties contain simple pantry ingredients and are naturally gluten-free, vegan (dairy-free, egg-free), and ready in about 35 minutes! For the full ingredients list, measurements, complete recipe method, and nutritional information, read the recipe card below.

Fill the idli steamer with about 4cm (1 ½ inches) of water and bring to a simmer. Grease the idli moulds, preferably with a neutral oil. Stir the fermented batter briskly and ladle it into the moulds till just below the brim. Repeat for each idli steamer plate, then slide the plates onto the stand and place the stand in the steamer. Close the lid and steam the idli for 12-15 minutes, depending on size. The idlis are done when a knife inserted into the centre comes out clean. Place the fried patties onto kitchen paper to absorb any oil and serve with yogurt sauce or tzatziki.Although each home will have their own method of preparation, aside from the name, there is no clear cut difference between Handvo and Ondhwo. What are the different ways to make Handvo? Sauté red onions, celery, carrots, and garlic in a small amount of olive oil (½ tsp). Add Mojito Lime Seasoning, stir and cook for 1 more minute. Add lentils, wine, tomato juice and water(1 1/2 cups), and then bring to a boil. Cover and reduce to a simmer. Cook until lentils are soft, add more water if needed. Once the lentils are cooked and soft, cool slightly then puree half of the lentils and leave rest whole.

In fact, I love using lentils of any kind in my diet; they’re a wonderful source of plant-based protein as well as copper, folate, manganese, phosphorous, iron, and zinc. I’ve shared a couple of red lentil recipes already, including this red lentil dahl and lentil bolognese– with a dozen more recipes for brown and green lentils too (links at the bottom of the post)! BBC.com's World's Table "smashes the kitchen ceiling" by changing the way the world thinks about food, through the past, present and future. Return the handvo to the oven for 5-10 minutes to brown the top to your liking. I like my handvo to have a deep, caramelised brown top. To activate the batter (do this step immediately before the pouring the handvo into the tin and then bake immediately):

Why not try...

Herbs & Spices: I used fresh parsley, ground cumin, onion powder, salt & pepper, and red pepper flakes. This is fairly versatile to what herbs you have available. Place the rice and both daals in a large bowl. Wash in plenty of cold water, changing the water 2-3 times. Drain well. Cover with 700ml cold water and soak for three hours. Remove the stand from the steamer (or remove the cups from the pressure cooker) and wait for two minutes before scooping out the idlis with an idli spoon or a flat spoon. Serve with coconut chutney and sambar. Feel the texture. You’re looking for pasty texture to start to form a ball in the food processor when combined. It should hold well together before cooking, so feel free to adjust as needed if it doesn’t stay compact.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop