Dekoboko Bittersweet Days (Dekoboko Sugar Days Book 2)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

The first half of the manga consists of some really cute scenarios, while also presenting Yuujirou and Rui’s hopes and anxieties about how their relationship will progress in the future. This is a very promising setup that I was excited to see the narrative explore, but it ended up falling rather flat. I absolutely loved the story from the start. It’s a very sweet story about best friends who have always known they were meant for each other. While I missed out on watching them confess their feelings and discover they feel the same way, I did get to see them in love and living their best lives. I also got to see them hit their first big struggle in their relationship, but I won’t mention if that’s resolved because that would be spoilers! With that being said, the art continues to be exceptionally cute, carrying the manga through its duller periods. It’s still an enjoyable read overall, but “Bittersweet Days” just doesn’t reach the same heights as the original. With Dekoboko Bittersweet Days, Yusen makes me want to stay with Rui and Yuujirou as their romance matures and life throws curveballs. I hope we get to see these two grow with each other in the future.

The best ever! I love how everything I thought was going to happen ended up being something more wonderful and absolutely beautiful. While volume 1 had you laughing like crazy for their silly antics and funny moments, this completely took those characters and made them into something more than what you expected. I was literally tearing up trying to hold my tears because the growth and development they have was so beautiful and touching you can't help but be proud of how far they have come. It feels like you're part of their lives and you get to grow up with them and then when The translation for Tokyopop’s LOVE x LOVE list is by Christine Dashiell who, as always, delivers a readable version that flows really well. As with Gorou Kanbe, the editorial team at Tokyopop have brought us another attractive BL mangaka, whose manga are well worth reading for the positive approach to same-sex relationships and the lively, sympathetic way the story is told. Featuring Yuujiro Matsukaze, judo champion, an aspiring architect. He is quite short ( Quit kissing my forehead. It just reminds me of how much taller you are) and occasionally bothered by that.

If you like this manga, you might like...

The first volume Deko-Boko Sugar Days delivered a charming, feel-good story of the blossoming love between two childhood friends, enlivened by many cute chibi panels and amusing expressions. But in this second volume, mangaka Atsuko Yusen brings her two main characters face-to-face with the reality of leaving school and taking their first steps into the adult world. ‘Bittersweet’ is an apt adjective to describe what happens. Many high-school relationships crumble and fall apart under such stresses and although readers will be rooting for this partnership to endure the extra pressures put on them by society for being in a same-sex relationship, let alone being separated by many thousands of miles for four long years, it’s by no means a foregone conclusion that they won’t drift apart. Praise, therefore to Atsuko Yusen for not shying away from depicting the feelings of abandonment that Yuujirou undergoes when his dreams for the future are so rudely shattered. He wants to wish Rui well as he embarks on his chosen career path but can’t reconcile those altruistic feelings with the pain he’s experiencing at being abandoned. Dekoboko Sugar Days was one of my favorite BL manga of 2020, and I’ve been anxiously awaiting the second one-shot from mangaka Atsuko Yusen following Rui and Yuujirou. Dekoboko Bittersweet Daysis the sequel manga that takes readers into Rui and Yuujirou’s relationship as they learn to deal with the uncertainty of the future and coming out to their families. The manga is published and localized in English by TOKYOPOP via their LOVE x LOVE collection that focuses on publishing queer manga romances. The one-shot is edited by Lena Atanassova, translated by Christine Dashiell, and features a cover and logo design by Sol DeLeo. Atsuko Yusen’s art is attractive and she’s developed her own immediately recognizable style; she’s another BL mangaka to have come from the Pixiv webcomic stable like Shou Harusono ( Sasaki and Miyano) and Mika ( I Cannot Reach You). The theme of childhood friends weaves throughout the manga and as the mangaka’s drawings of the two as little children are adorable, it’s difficult to ignore the significance of their enduring relationship. As to the BL aspects, the manga earns its Mature rating for several consensual (but censored) scenes of a sexual nature which develop naturally from the characters’ feelings. The ‘joke’ underlying the two volumes is that – due to Rui’s genes and adolescent growth spurt – given his height, in a traditional BL manga, he’d be the seme (dominant) and shorter Yuujirou the uke. But it’s the other way round here (see dekoboko* below). Praise, then, to the mangaka for showing us that Rui might be gentle-natured but he’s determined to pursue his career in design, no matter what – and it’s Yuujirou who falls apart when he realizes that Rui is going away. It’s painful to watch but it feels real and convincing. It’s the same when she shows us that both young men feel torn up inside by Rui’s decision – but find it impossible to articulate this to each other. COVER Corporation Announces hololive English VTuber Gawr Gura Collaboration with Sendai Umino-Mori Aquarium they're old enough you know they can handle themselves all on their own. They basically grew up to become such remarkable adults and you can really see how much potential the story goes as you read it. I am so in love with these characters and this story is just one of the most heartwarming and poignant ones I've read. It makes me so happy my heart feels so full right now.

A slow-burn love story between a diminutive, athletic teen and his towering, kind-hearted best friend as they journey the slightly bitter road to adulthood towards sweeter days.Unlike other Yaoi manga, this one really hit the "this could happen in real-life" button. Rui and Yuujirou are faced with a lot of uncertainty as the end of their senior year looms closer. You have Yuujirou who is planning out his and Rui's next steps, never wanting to part from him. Yet, you have Rui looking into a few dreams of his own. The final high school judo contest, the last summer of their high school careers, and beyond... the thought of his future with Rui makes Yuujirou's heart flutter.

Since the first volume took place in high school, this means that Atsuko Yusen has a built-in easy way to throw a hurdle in their path: college. With graduation looming, Rui and Yuujirou have to reconcile their individual career dreams with their mutual desire to stay together, and this gives Rui a much-needed chance to prove that he's more than just the sweet boy who follows Yuujirou's lead. The story begins to play with ideas of masculinity, both in a performative sense and as something a bit more rooted in Rui's sense of self. Fortunately, it has nothing to do with the book's racier content – it would have been easy (albeit wrong) to tie the whole “top and bottom” thing to Rui's perception of himself as just as much of a man as Yuujirou, but their sex life is never brought into the equation as anything but an expression of their mutual feelings. Instead, it's about Rui having the wherewithal to not take the easy way out of things – he could have easily chosen Yuujirou over his dream education, but that would have been “choosing” rather than making a real, difficult decision. It's important to him that he's financially able to help support Yuujirou just as Yuujirou wants to support him – he doesn't want to be dependent, but an equal partner. This comes out in the much more stereotypically masculine phrasing of manga; Rui expresses his performative manhood by saying that he wants to “support” his boyfriend, but we can read this as framing their relationship as not being in relation to anything or anyone but themselves, rather than one of them being seen as more feminine than the other. Deboboko Bittersweet Days" follows Yuujirou and Rui who are childhood best friends and now..lovers. The book is set in high school. The boys are in their final year. With graduation looming, life presents them new hurdles. Yuujirou plans to be a architect and Rui, a fashion designer. Now they have to reconcile their career dreams with their mutual desire to stay together forever. They are in love with each other but afraid of confessing that to each other. And now that Rui is planning to go to France for studying, their blooming relationship faces the biggest challenge ever. Will the boys be able to overcome their fears and risk to choose an uncertain future where they might or might not stay together??

He is together with Rui Hanamine 186cm long, creative, half French, domestic and with a lot of housekeeping skills. Tall bottom representing one could say, which is good in a genre where height almost always is used as a signifier to one’s character role. Tiny and adorable when they first met, Rui - still just as adorable - now looms over his boyfriend, Yuujirou. Though they were little more than best friends at first, the confusion over their true feelings for one another smoldered until they confessed. Now every day passes with such overwhelming sweetness it's all they can do not to ask themselves, "am I allowed to be this happy?"

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop