FABULOUS JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH - FABULOUS JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH (1 DVD)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

FABULOUS JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH - FABULOUS JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH (1 DVD)

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

A scientist(Brendan Fraser, also producer) and his niece (Josh Hutcherson) undergo an hazardous voyage to find clues of his father, along the way they face numerous dangers and risks. During the trip, the scientific and his niece hire a wealthy scout (Anita Briem) to find the father who disappeared several years earlier during an expedition to a center of the earth at Iceland. The trio descend into deep caverns and discover a tunnel-rail system leading to the planet's center. They have to deal with lightning storms, endure torrential floods, volcanic eruptions, prehistoric animals and discover a forest of giant mushrooms, but not the lost city of Atlantis as happens in the classic novel. A Journey to the Centre of the Earth at Project Gutenberg (Griffith and Farran, 1871) – "not a translation at all but a complete re-write of the novel" A seven-part radio serial was broadcast on the BBC Home Service in 1962. It was produced by Claire Chovil, and starred Trevor Martin and Nigel Anthony. [8]

artist: creature and animation, Frantic Films (as Jelma Boskma) / lead creature modeler: Frantic Films The 1959 version was filled with childish situations and bad acting, ranging from Pat Boone's idiotic performance to James Mason doing a bad Scottish accent. The only interesting character in the whole film was Alrene Dahl, an attractive middle-aged woman with a independent personality. The main issue is that usual combined issue of the dialogue not sounding natural and the dubbing not fitting with the actors. As such sadly Deborah Watling who dubs the voice of Glauben ends up overly shrill and annoying especially when it comes to the fake nature of the dialogue. It isn't just the dubbing as sadly both Ivonne Sentis and Pep Munn? have that awkwardness which comes from young European actors of the 70s. Most of it is Brendan Franser doing his "George Of the Jungle" routing of yelling and screaming, either trying to find this teen kid or in terror as he falling for being chased by something. In fact, the last half hour of this film will give you headache with all the yelling by all three major parties.Redmond, Joe (3 September 2012). "Catching Up with Pat Boone". ALIVE East Bay Magazine . Retrieved 19 July 2018. The film is based upon the Jules Verne story of the same name, though set about a hundred and fifty years after the original adventure. The idea is that Jules Verne wasn't writing a fantasy novel but actually recording the adventures of the protagonists of the book, and a number of people have since travelled to Snaffels to try to locate the cave that allegedly leads to the centre of the Earth. One of these people was Trevor's brother, who disappeared about ten years before the film leaving a wife and a child. This nth version of the classic novel of Jules Verne is an entertaining adventure. The characters are nice and there is a strong chemistry between Brendan Fraser and the unknown Anita Briem. However, the strongest part of this enjoyable movie is certainly the special effects. I have just seen this movie on DVD, but for those viewers that saw it in 3D in the movie theaters, the impact was certainly bigger and bigger. My vote is six. The exteriors of the expedition's beginning and exit through craters were taken at the Lanzarote volcano in the Canary Islands, providing a barren, other-worldly appearance that almost resembles a moonscape. Although the reddish plains scarcely resembled Iceland, a series of extreme dramatic zooms impressively isolates the cast amidst the desolate location, providing a more dynamic lead-up to the descent than in the 1959 movie. The plunge into the Earth was shot a half-mile inside caves near Madrid, with the lighting effectively dark and claustrophobic.

If i had to voice one problem is that they need to stop giving anaglyph glasses. it kind of hurts your eyes after a while. They have good 3-d glasses, don't they? they give them out in Florida for Terminator and the Muppet show, so why don't they include those? that would definitely make the movie better in my opinion.

See also

The film was released on DVD in 2006. And on Blu-Ray by Severin Films on August 29, 2023. [4] See also [ edit ] Professor Trevor Anderson (Brendan Fraser) receives his teenager nephew Sean Anderson (Josh Hutcherson) that will spend ten days with him while his mother Elizabeth Anderson (Jane Wheeler) prepares to move to Canada. She gives a box to Trevor that belonged to his missing brother Max Anderson and Trevor finds a book with references to the last journey of his brother. He decides to follow the steps of Max with Sean and they travel to Iceland, where they meet the guide Hannah Ásgeirsson (Anita Briem). While climbing a mountain, there is a thunderstorm and they protect themselves in a cave. However, a lightening collapses the entrance and the trio is trapped in the cave. They seek an exit and falls in a hole, discovering a lost world in the center of the Earth.

The reviewers of "Journey" are probably all correct: the logic is spotty, the premise is silly, and the requirement of the audience to suspend disbelief is beyond a typically successful film. However, despite all of that, I liked it! I went to see it because in my small town the offerings are rather slim, and I had seen everything else (is it me, or did this summer's films seem a bit clichéd and lame?). Creature Feature found the movie to be sluggish and boring, giving it two out of five stars. It found the movie did improve when the dinosaurs finally appeared, but that the effects were weak. [2] Monster Hunter found the use of shooting in a real cave to be a plus, but that there was little else of worth in the film. [3] Home media [ edit ]Journey to the Center of the Earth (1959): Notes". Turner Classic Movies. WarnerMedia . Retrieved 31 January 2015.

I'm sure I don't need to recite the plot of such a classic novel but needless to say that it doesn't entirely follow the source material. Journey to the Center of the Earth (released in the UK as Journey to Middle Earth) is a 2008 direct-to-DVD film created by The Asylum and directed by David Jones and Scott Wheeler. [1] Brendan Fraser again is an amiable action hero with a young nephew (Josh Hutcherson) in tow for a buddies adventure that includes a pretty (but boring) female guide as Fraser's eventual love interest. Let's fact it--nothing original about the story but it does feature some neat special effects (courtesy of CGI), not all of which are totally convincing, but hey, this is a kiddie romp if ever there was one. Video games called Journey to the Center of the Earth: in 1984 by Ozisoft for the Commodore 64; in 1989 by Topo Soft [11] for the ZX Spectrum and in 2003 by Frogwares. [12] Granted that the premise is silly, the treatment is thankfully goofball enough that it's all of a kind. If they had tried a more serious treatment, the film itself would be a total joke. But it's full of winking and nodding, not exactly "camp" but definitely cheezy. I enjoy these types of stories, so I didn't mind watching the film at all. I had a few good laughs, saw some decent action scenes, etc. The love story seemed pointlessly grafted onto the story, even objectionable in the fact that Anita Briem really does look closer in age to Brendan Fraser's movie nephew (Josh Hutcherson) than to Fraser. Hutcherson himself has very little to add to the film, but I wouldn't mind seeing more of Briem.Caedmon Records released an abridged recording of Journey to the Center of the Earth read by James Mason, in the 1960s. Our picture describes action and events, with not the slightest shadow of Freud. The serious thing about Jules Verne is that all he does is tell a story in exciting episodes, but his stories have always pushed man a little closer towards the unknown. What we've tried to do is retell his story in the best way of all - in the Verne vernacular. [4] Slim film+television and Federation Entertainment will produce an upcoming television series adaptation, developed by Ashley Pharoah. [7] Göteborg's widow, Carla, who initially believed Lindenbrook was trying to capitalize on her deceased husband's work, learns the truth. She provides the equipment and supplies that her husband had accumulated, including much sought after Ruhmkorff lamps, but only on the condition that she accompanies them to protect her husband's reputation. Lindenbrook grudgingly agrees. Hans and Gertrud also join the new expedition.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop