Essex Dogs: The epic Richard & Judy Summer Book Club Pick 2023 from a Sunday Times bestselling historian (Essex Dogs Series 1)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

Essex Dogs: The epic Richard & Judy Summer Book Club Pick 2023 from a Sunday Times bestselling historian (Essex Dogs Series 1)

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Vital, earthy, and heart-stopping... So deft and funny that you'd never guess this is Dan Jones' debut work of fiction' -- Suzannah Lipscomb Few books manage to be as compelling on every level as Essex Dogs: it's adventure, history, and heart.' Dana Schwartz Dan Jones'] mastery of his subject matter is obvious. The soldiers' lives are rather brilliantly recreated – the kit, the fighting, the boredom and discomfort.' The Times The locations were vividly word-painted, managing to weave many historical details into the fabric of the story without it ever getting in the way. History Makers: Female Writers Dominate the 2023 William Hill Sports Book of the Year Award Shortlist

ESSEX DOGS | Kirkus Reviews ESSEX DOGS | Kirkus Reviews

A new champion has entered the front line of historical fiction to stand shoulder to shoulder with Bernard Cornwell.' Jane Johnson The soldiers' lives are rather brilliantly recreated – the kit, the fighting, the boredom and discomfort.' The Times

LoveReading Says

Ahigh-stakes, immersive war story. . .Highly recommended for fans of Bernard Cornwell or Ken Follett.” —Library Journal *starred review* The Essex Dogs are a motley selection of disparate soldiers thrown together to fight an overseas war, for a cause that they don't really understand or care about. Their only aim is to survive the campaign, steel & trade war booty along the way, and eventually collect their promised pay. The characters are all well-rounded and have various fascinating personality flaws as well as some caring traits for their comrades in arms. Historian Jones’s first foray into fiction is battle-bloody, brutal and perfectly pitched. . . . Meticulously researched and vibrantly told. . . It’s a slaughterous, sweary, swaggering debut.” —The Daily Mail The Top 25 Christmas Cookbooks for 2023: A Smorgasbord of Inspiration for a Happy Foodie This Christmas It opens with a medieval ‘Private Ryan’ scene and doesn’t stop from there. It’s a harsh and bloody business and each step of the way was intriguing. I’m not the biggest Kindle fan, but this kept me reading until I finished 😄

Essex Dogs by Dan Jones | Waterstones

Among the king's army is a tight-knit company fighting not for conquest but for each other, the 'Essex Dogs'. Dan Jones is a brilliant storyteller. I’ve loved reading his history for years and now he’s proven to be just as adept at fiction. Few books manage to be as compelling on every level as Essex Dogs: it’s adventure, history, and heart.” —Dana Schwartz, author of Anatomy: A Love Story Vital, earthy, and heart-stopping... So deft and funny that you'd never guess this is Dan Jones' debut work of fiction.' Suzannah Lipscomb Underpinned by historic realities, and propelled by edge-of-your-seat pace, Essex Dogs thrusts readers to the heart of the Hundred Years’ War that shaped Europe – strap in for a wild ride.Horribly compelling... Only Dan Jones can carry you through blood, piss and vomit and leave you wanting more' -- Daisy Dunn Wolves of Winter follows some of the same characters you have already met in Essex Dogs - Loveday, Romford, Scotsman and the rest of the gang - and introduces some more whom I hope you will find memorable.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop