Three Sisters

Three Sisters

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Heather Morris is the global bestselling author of The Tattooist of Auschwitz and Cilka's Journey, which have sold eight million copies worldwide. Getting to know the characters and understanding their lives and what drives them to do the things they do becomes a story. The author did a good job describing the thoughts and emotions the characters went through after tragedy struck.

Cibi and Livi were extremely fortunate to find themselves with two different kapos who were sympathetic to them and got them easier jobs in the camp. It is through Cibi’s strength and sheer will that she and Livia make it through both Auschwitz and Birkenau day after day. A heartbreaking story of love and survival based on the incredible true story of the Meller sisters, as told to Heather Morris. Livia, Cibi, and Magda suffered but remained hopeful and resourceful in the concentration camps much like Lale and Cilka in the first books in this series.Their strength was amazing, especially their ability to put the needs of their sisters ahead of their own needs. In 1929, when the girls were very young, their father made them promise to stay together, no matter what happened. The author brings us into the day-to-day horrors of Auschwitz and Birkenau while showing how the love of family and the will to survive can bring about remarkable resiliency. After their father’s death, Olga, Masha, and Irina find life in their small Russian town stifling and hopeless. Livi is only three years old - the wild one, Cibi is the oldest at seven and has a fiery temper, and Magda is five, the beautiful and gentle one.

Eventually Magda joins them during their last year at the camp, once she, their mother, and their grandfather are also rounded up. We were blessed that my father, my aba, and my ema were open with us, and didn’t keep their lives before we knew them a mystery. I slowed the reading of it down a lot so I could enjoy it for longer or I’d had finished this in just 2 days.I have recently read another book about Auschwitz and I am not mentally ready to read another one so soon. Between the three Holocaust books by this author “The Tattooist of Auschwitz” and “Cilka's Journey” this one is the weakest. It is painful, however, to think of all the children and grandchildren who were never born because so many did not survive. I thought my head was all over the place and this wasn’t helped by the multiple perspectives that the story is told from.

The book is an honest, powerful, at times hard hitting recollection of what the Meller family went through. I won't go into more details as I don't want to risk giving anything away but Owen really has done an amazing job constructing an addictive and explosive psychological thriller with fantastic and varied characters that you just won't be able to put down!From reading the blurb, I was expecting this to be about the revenge act, but instead, there are a lot of other things that feed into this narrative and I consequently felt bored by how long the main plot development was happening. The theme of the sisters was to ‘always protect’ each other - a ‘promise’ they made to their father.

Three Sisters was an exploration of courage, a reminder of how important family is and the continued efforts to keep a most important promise made so long ago. Thank you to the wonderful team at Echo Publishing for an early copy of the book to read and review.

The sisters were lucky enough to escape and hide in the forest for many days until they were finally rescued.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop