Nektar Impact LX25+ USB MIDI Keyboard Controller with DAW Integration

Nektar Impact LX25+ USB MIDI Keyboard Controller with DAW Integration

RRP: £86.00
Price: £43
£43 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Enable ‘Impact LX**’ (Windows) or ‘Impact LX** MIDI1’ (OS X) for your Impact. The mode should be ‘Enable+Control’. The other 2 Impact ports should remain disabled. (See Image 2 for OS X setup and Image 6 for Windows). Make sure the ‘Receive From’&‘Send To’ ports are set up according to the table below. (Image 1). Impact LX is used an example but it applies equally to Impact GX: From the Studio One menu navigate to ‘Preferences’ (in MacOS) or ‘Options’ (in Windows) and select ‘External Devices’ (Image 1). Nektar Impact LX25+ comes with velocity-sensitive synth-action keys. They aren’t weighted or even semi-weighted, as this would’ve added more cost to the product and made it a notch heavier. The keys are soft to the touch but don’t have the same feel as a piano. That’s fine if you’ve never played the piano but will take time for you to adjust if you have in the past.

Make sure Reaper is already installed on your computer. If not, please install Reaper first and open it at least once, before running the installer for Nektar DAW integration software. The one caveat I found in this department was Ableton Live integration. While the Nektar LX25+ does automatically work with Ableton Live, it only functions as a generic controller. For keyboardists and pianists, this is a great option since the keys give you authenticity not offered by other models in the price range of the LX25+. The sturdy pitch/mod wheels are also great fun to play with. For example, if you haven't memorized the notes for the G major scale, all you have to do is to transpose your keyboard 7 notes down (or 5 notes up) and the scale will map itself to the C major keys. By playing only the white keys, you'll automatically be playing in the key of G major but using the same notes for C major scale. The only other keyboard I know that does this are M-Audio keyboards, and it's not as simple as pressing a button. How Does It Compare Against Other Keyboards? In my personal opinion and my personal use, the Nektar Impact LX25+ is the best 25-key MIDI controller you can buy for your money.

The Nektar Impact LX25+ is designed to provide you with complete control over your favourite digital audio workstation, providing you with everything you will need plus added extras that will improve your workflow and overall experience. The Impact LX25+’s ergonomic design gives you everything you need on the keyboard itself, minimising the need to drift between software and hardware to achieve the sound or effect you desire. The 25-note velocity sensitive keybed provides you with enough keys to span six octaves. Nektar does offer a live script for integration with Ableton Live here. It’s adequate but should only really be seen as a starting point. Pros

However, Nektar does advertise 7 different adjustable velocity curves to choose from. This determines how sensitive the keys are to how you touch them. The higher the curve the more sensitive the keys are to how you press them. Pads Nektar controllers of course provide all the features you’d expect from a good USB MIDI controller, including MIDI programming features and plug-and-play functionality. What sets our instruments apart is, that all the hard work is done for you already thanks to Nektar DAW integration: Once installed, supported DAWs can be controlled without requiring additional mapping. Experience our intuitive and tactile products and operate your music software as if it is hardware! WHAT IS THE BEST MIDI CONTROLLER? Novation keyboard comes with a lot of controls and twice as many pads as any other 25-key controller, which is crucial if you are into trap beats and drum rolls – the more pads you have, the more variety you can add to the beat. Other control options, such as knobs, wheels, and buttons are similar to other MIDI keyboards in the price range.Akai Professional MPK Mini MK2 is probably the most popular MIDI keyboard on the market right now. That’s partially due to brand recognition and authority, and partly due to the quality of the product. But here is the funny thing – despite being very similar in price, MPK Mini MK2 and Impact LX25+ have more differences than similarities. I bought this MIDI-keyboard because I wanted something with enough options in terms of controlling my DAW and plugins, something to write small melodies and something that would fit neatly under my desk as well. The control center and navigation functionality on the LX25+ are perhaps the most impressive features of the controller. If you don’t have any musical training, you’ll have a hard time making melodies that actually sound good. While playing music may seem like art where you can bend the rules anyway you want, that’s not entirely true. Hitting random keys won’t get you anywhere – you’ll have to learn music theory fundamentals and face a fair share of trial and error before you’ll get better.

As advertised, the Nektar IMPACT LX25+ functions smoothly in most DAWs. FL Studio, GarageBand, Logic Pro, and Reason all integrate the LX25+ seamlessly with little to no configuration.One downside to the pads is that they’re not customizable to sensitivity. Similar models in the same price range give you the ability to customize how pressure-sensitive the pad is. The Nektar IMPACT LX25+ does not. Control Center, Navigation, and Mixer Control The velocity sensitive pads also utilise the ‘Pad Learn’ feature which allows you to select the pad you want to use, play the note or sound you want on the keyboard and the sound with automatically be assigned to the pad you selected. This is useful for speeding up your workflow, giving you near instant access to your sounds on the pads. Also featured are 4 pad map locations which you can recall in the future at any time. Additionally, there are 5 user assignable user presets programmed for GM compatible setups. This opens up a world of customisation, allowing you to virtually customise and assign a range of presets to suit your needs. Compact and versatile They are easily customizable, with the “Pad Learn” feature allowing you to simply select a pad, play the note you want on the keyboard, and the assignment is done. You can also easily assign samples on the pad on most DAWs. The Nektar Impact LX25+ is designed for simple and easy integration with your favourite digital audio workstation. Nektar DAW Integration is custom designed to work with programs such as: FL Studio, Bitwig, Cubase, Digital Performer, Garageband, Logic Nuendo, Reapeer, Reason, Sonar and Studio One. Its ability to instantly integrate with this range of popular audio software makes your workflow increase tenfold, allowing you to control everything at your fingertips with ease.

For groove and beat creation, Impact LX25+'s 8 velocity sensitive pads make life easy. Calibrated to trigger at a light touch, finger drumming is suddenly well within reach with a nice and even velocity response. Each pad can be assigned any MIDI note number or MIDI cc message for use as MIDI trigger or toggle buttons. But the best part is the "Pad Learn“ feature, which allows you to just select a pad, play the note or drum sound you want on the keyboard and assignment is done. No complex menus for a task that's essential to getting the most out of your pads. Assignments are stored over power cycling so you don't lose your settings when you switch your system off for the night. In addition, 4 pad map locations can store your settings for future recall. You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases Klarna or V12 may need to look at the application in more detail. Keys are full-sized, but not weighted, or even semi-weighted, so it’s going to be harder to learn to play the piano. If you installed our Reaper support files before starting Reaper for the first time and find that your Impact controller is not listed in Reaper’s Control Surfaces menu, please follow the steps below. Impact LX25+ software integration supports most of the popular DAWs. A common workflow gives access to many of the functions you are most likely to need when recording and performing with your Impact LX25+. The best part is that it's all done for you: Simply complete the installation process and start making music! Impact LX25+ DAW integration currently supports Cubase, Digital Performer, FL Studio, Garageband, Logic, Nuendo, Reaper, Reason, Sonar and Studio One. Buttons and controls are labeled so you don't have to remember how they are assigned. That’s why Impact LX25+ is a breeze to use but with enough extra features under the hood to challenge even the most experienced power user.However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers. I usually went through plugin presets and found the sounds I like without touching the knobs. Once or twice, I stumbled onto some interesting sounds by adjusting a knob sound. Full-sized and touch-sensitive keys which are perfect for people with previous keyboard experience, or the ones who want to learn to play the piano in future. If you were to ask me which MIDI keyboard has the most intuitive workflow, I would probably suggest Impact LX25+. It’s crazy how many functions of your DAW can be automated with the controller – you’ll barely ever have to touch your mouse! The controls are where Nektar Impact LX25+ actually shines.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop