Audi 8 W0060866 °C SD Memory Card/Micro SDHC Card Activation Document

Audi 8 W0060866 °C SD Memory Card/Micro SDHC Card Activation Document

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Distinctly identify MMI 3G+, 3GP HDD navigation systems by inspecting the MMI Media version, which commences with HN+. Optimized for a Range of Audi Models: Now the fun part/bit that just takes a bit of time, we will create the bundle manually. First thing to do is load up POIBase on your windows machine, this can be done on mac but it just works better on Windows: Made sure to read the instructions beforehand and noticed it could take a few hours so waited until I had a free afternoon. My Audi hasn't been updated since 2016 and I was pleasantly supprised that it only took about a hour and a half to complete everything! The instructions couldn't of been more clear and were really easy to follow. This meticulously crafted update is solely for Audi MMI 3G+, 3GP HDD Navigation Systems. Ensure seamless compatibility by verifying your current firmware and database version through: Setup -> Settings -> Version Information. Cutting-Edge Software Details: It seems there is no way round this unlike the HDD and DVD nav database versions which don't have the same pairing/activation process with the central system.

And I found the Audi MMI/SD system gives the most bizzare routes too frequently, wereas the free Waze or Google Maps are far better and will also route around current traffic dynamically and you get upto date maps always. Because I happen to have the Audi MMI/SD based maps, I use it sometimes to show an overview of a longer journey (according to Audi) just for the benefit of passengers who can see it and want to answer the 'are we nearly there yet?' question themselves ;-) I personally wouldn't bother with the SD card, after having the same consideration when I bought my latest Audi. You should see cameras on your map and hear an audible alert when approaching a camera. Note that this can get annoying, and the process of turning the audible tone off is as follows: Plug the SD card into the SD1 card slot on your MMI unit within the car; for most cars, this will either be in the glove box or, in my case, the unit sits between the seats at the centre console. Your SD card contents should look similar to this if you've done it correctly; note the metainfo2.txt file, this is key as it contains all the hashes of various files and the mappings to the update file, it is also what the car MMI uses to identify the update file, and without it, the car will not recognise that there's an update file. Updating the Car

BMW

To be honest though it seems really expensive for something that an iPhone does much better for free.

Once you have verified you have the correct version of Audi MMI, the next step is to format an SD card as exFAT and copy the contents of the maps 7zip file. (Extract the 7zip to a folder and copy its contents to the SD card).

Sitting comfortably inside the interior of your Audi, locate the SD ports on the center console just behind the gearshift and MMI knob. If only Audi offered a map update service at a reasonable price - for me it should really be included in the price of the car (most good sat nav suppliers now give free lifetime map updates) and I don't understand why major manufacturers don't tie in with Garmin/Tom Tom/Google to provide the navigation with free map updates. With the maps update, this process will take anywhere from 40 minutes to over an hour depending on the speed of the SD card used for the process the ignition also needs to be on therefore it is recommended that you either put the car on a charger to ensure the battery does not die or go for a drive.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop