Nibbles the Book Monster: 1 (Nibbles (1))

£9.9
FREE Shipping

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

The second document provides an ‘Activity Map’ with a variety of activities and tasks you could set your pupils based around Nibbles: The Book Monster. This newest book is the simplest out of the three, but pairs wonderfully with many preschool units. For this week we are using it for our “N” week. If you are new to my postings, I teach a literacy Pre-K class that highlights a new letter of the week each week. All our activities and curriculum are based on that letter. The class is meant to expose Pre-K students to literacy and foster a love for reading. Nibbles The Book Monster: Literacy Activity Outcomes

I also have to give extra credit to the book cover. Normally books are paper and feel cold/hard on the touch, but not this one. It has texture, but also seems to not been made from paper but from fabric. I love it when publisher/authors do something special to their books. The Nibbles books are adorable, interactive picture book stories by talented author/ illustrator Emma Yarlett. Encourage the student’s creativity in naming their own book monster (for those that have the capability I also ask them to come up with a name that begins with the letter N). The ending is open ended, so I have hopes that we will have another Nibbles book! With new adventures! New books! I can't wait. :D

Keep in touch

Have the student think through the ‘next steps.’ Where will the monster go next? What will happen in the future?

Thanks so much for your lovely message and for everything that you do with Book Wagon. Yourself and Bob are much cherished in our booky world and I personally really appreciate everything that you do. Here are some ways I am using this activity to produce some educational outcomes in my class. Learning Ideas for Literacy I am a book monster myself, though I don't really eat books, at least not in the way Nibbles does. I devour books by reading them. :DReading for pleasure and children’s literature is a passion of mine so I hope that you enjoy this resources as much as I have enjoyed making it!

Author Luke Palmer introduces his new book, Play (Firefly Press) about four boys growing up together, the challenges, the friendships, and what hap... The main reason for skipping this book was that it includes stories from classic fairy tales and I really don't like fairy tales. If the turn outs in the stories weren’t enough to make you laugh, the version I had had real holes in my ages showing how He makes his way through the books, and that alone is worthy many smiles. Count out loud with the group while reading the book as well as with individuals while they complete the activity. counting exposure.Nibbles is a wonderfully appealing 'monster' and children will love the mayhem he causes. The story can also be used with older KS1 children to explore the idea of changing fairy tale endings by bringing in a new character. They will also enjoy reading the blurbs at the end of each story which have been nibbled - and so changed - by Nibbles; something they can practice when re-writing their own fairy tales! The winners of The Farshore Reading for Pleasure Teacher Awards 2023, highlighting the work schools are doing to encourage a love of reading, have... E little creature who likes to bite and chew anything, but has his heart on chomping books. And there he goes, eating his way through some classic fables from our childhood.

This book is adorable. It is interactive and stars a wee monster that you gotta love even though he is naughty. He, like Houdini, is an escape artist, and when gets out of his cage he heads straight for his first love.... his love of eating books! Yep, Nibbles is a book monster! Some ideas for this book would be to discuss the similarities and differences between the folklore stories to compared to the original or a different version. There are many similarities and differences that the students could find. They could create a Venn Diagram to show the similarities and differences. Since there are a few different versions mentioned within the Book Monster, the teacher would have great examples to do a teacher model, a we do example, and a student do. Also, students could complete a sequence of events for the Book Monster to explain what happened throughout the story. Students could also write about what they think will happen next to Nibbles. Students could create their own story about Nibbles and his next adventure. Lastly, the teacher could have a discussion about how students know that this is a fractured fairy-tale/folklore story and how this story is different from nonfiction.Never heard of Nibbles the book monster? We need to fix this right now! Here’s where you can find everything Nibbles:

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop