Sony SELP1650 E Mount - APS-C 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 Zoom Lens

Sony SELP1650 E Mount - APS-C 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 Zoom Lens

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

One bad thing about the 1650 is that it's quite easy to move zoom in a little bit and you won't notice it, at least I don't notice that when happens, I accidentallytouch the zoom control that is located on the edge of the lens, but well, I might be really bad with my left hand haha. The small, non-foldable viewfinder is bright and sharp, and the fast motorised zoom is adjustable. There is room for improvement when it comes to video recordings. The quality of the images with detailed and sharp photos is convincing. Also the easy handling can be named as the strength of the device. On the other hand, it was viewed more critically that the flash is a bit weak on the chest and red tones in videos are sometimes over-saturated. Cheap Sony A6000 Camera in the UK

SELP1650 is one thing, I understand this is the e-mount kit lens that I need replaced. But there's another 16-50mm e-mount Sony lens floating around with the serial number B00CIT29XW. Description is "Sony 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS Alpha E-mount Retractable Zoom Lens" Strangely, at 16mm at f/8, we saw the largest difference between sharpness at the center vs. the corners. The center of the frame was quite sharp, but the corners, conversely, were very soft. This is unusual in our experience; normally sharpness becomes more uniform across the frame as you stop down. The lens is not compatible with a lens hood, but does accept 40.5mm lens filters, and ships with front and rear caps.

The camera received high praise for its excellent features, including WiFi and NFC, for the great image quality and fast operation (6/2014). Once again, the image results paired with the Carl Zeiss Vario Tessar 4/16-70 mm OSS are praised, while the 3.5-5.6/16-50 mm kit lens shows clear weaknesses. All in all, the Sony 's good price-performance ratio met with great satisfaction. It is a fantastic entry model for anyone looking for an SLR, even years after its release. Pair it with the Sony Vario Tessar T E 16 70mm lens for even better performance. Offers User-Friendly Operation I recently (unfortunately) broke my SELP1650. To make a long story short, my A6000 stopped being able to recognize the lens. I sent it in to Sony and they said it was physical damage and therefore would not honor the warranty. It's fine, I'm over it. I went to primes instead, giving me the sharpness and better apperture, just to find me carrying 4 lenses around and getting more and more annoyed with changing lenses on the go.

The Sony SELP1650 covers a 24mm – 75mm focal length in 35mm equivalent which is enough for the basic daily shooting. The maximum apertures are F3.5 and F5.6, and the minimum focus distances are at 25 cm and 30 cm on the wide-angle and telephoto side, respectively. It comes with the power zoom feature, which provides highly smooth zooming during the video recording. A focus/zoom ring is found at the front of the lens, it is smooth to turn, and there is no endpoint to stop turning the focus/zoom ring; it also has a built-in OSS, which is great and powerful for low light shooting or video recording. It seems to be the Sony lottery Rebecca. I've had a couple 18-55s and 3 x 16-50PZ. Both 18-55s were marginally softer than the 16-50 only one of which I would say is good enough for regular use. It is handy for discreet shooting. So of these two, I would lean toward the 16-50. I do note that you have to watch its AF though. Mine sometimes focuses long when using spot focus for some reason. Easily overcome with DMF.

I rated it a 10 on all counts because the "competition" is other kit lenses I've used from Canon, Nikon, Panasonic, and Sony...so keep that in context. It's not a Canon 24-70/2.8 to be sure, but it's the best kit lens I've ever used. The zoom/focusing ring is about 3/8th inch wide and has an array of small ribs for texture. Very little force is necessary to turn the ring; it's easy to rotate with one finger. The zoom/focus action is very smooth, and rotates indefinitely, as zooming and focusing are electronically controlled. While focusing or zooming, the front element of the lens doesn't rotate, so filters such as circular polarizers work fine. The lens does extend during zooming, though, about 1/4th of an inch. I suspect you're right. I'm not personally a fan of the SELP1650 and prefer to mostly use primes with my a6000 or my 18-105G lens when I need a versatile zoom. However, my wife isn't really into photography, beyond some casual stuff, and really likes how tiny and compact the 16-50 zoom is. I don't think she would be happy with something like the larger 18-50 kit and she doesn't do enough photography to spend the money on the 16-70z either. Also, when I've tried to introduce her to primes she keeps asking how to zoom and doesn't appreciate the response, "With your feet". Once you zoom to 35mm, distortion is reduced greatly, and the corners look very similar to the average. At 50mm, the average distortion across the entire frame is very close to zero, while there is a bit of pincushion distortion (less than 0.5%) at the edges of the frame. For a collapsable kit lens that finally delivers on the Nex promise of compactness, I am extremely happy with this lens. It is stellar over the focal lengths that are most important to my shooting. YMMV.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop