Greed: (a Matt Browning novel): a deadly, adrenalin-fuelled thriller from multi-bestselling author Chris Ryan

£9.9
FREE Shipping

Greed: (a Matt Browning novel): a deadly, adrenalin-fuelled thriller from multi-bestselling author Chris Ryan

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

King of Greed” is a passionate tale of a marriage in turmoil, offering readers a glimpse into the world of a power couple torn apart by ambition. Dominic, a self-made Wall Street mogul, has it all – a lavish home, wealth beyond measure, and a beautiful wife, Alessandra. However, his relentless pursuit of success blinds him to the value of love and relationships. Alessandra, once content as his trophy wife, takes control of her life and decides to leave the man she once loved. What follows is a gripping story of love, loss, and the fight for a second chance at happiness. Synopsis

And once it is standing erect, it can't do it fast enough, so that it's over and done with once again. It includes new eligibility criteria for the Shingrix® vaccine for those who are turning 65 and 70 after 1 September 2023. Individuals who are severely immunocompromised aged 50 years and over also become eligible. We only learn the names of a few of them, and even when those characters are featured she often prefers to describe them in much more general terms -- 'the man', 'the woman'; Janisch is often also featured in his role (of Gendarm) rather than personal identity. Eva Charles just showed me in Greed that dark arranged marriage romance can still blow my mind away if it's written well. This is a trope that I have been obsessed with and I thought nothing can make me feel any more obsessed. But then Antonio and Daniela came and turned my world upside down. The best kind of antihero beauty. The best kind of fierceness in a heroine. The brilliant combination of sin, secrets and heartbreak. I am addicted to the writing of Eva Charles for sure.

3 Comments

The narrative swirls more than it proceeds, Jelinek taking in a great deal surrounding the limited plot -- yet often without going into many of what would seem the more obvious details, speaking more in generalities. Since I read the previous series by Ms. Charles named The Devil's Due, which kept me on the edge, and this one was supposedly more intense, you can imagine how much it got me excited to start Greed, the first book in A Sinful Empire Trilogy. It's just the beginning of the story that follows Daniela and Antonio. Do not start this story in the evening - TRUST ME, or be ready to stay up all night! She notes: "The country policeman is partial to the darkness of night" ("Der Gendarm hat eine Vorliebe für Nachtdunkelheit"), and he remains a shadowy figure throughout. In incheiere va las cu cateva citate despre lucruri interesante/de retinut (Doamne fereste!). Este important sa avem rabdare si sa le citim pe toate, pentru ca sunt foarte distractive:

I’ll give you an example of the writing style, if you sign up to read this. This passage is when the policeman brings the underage girl into the home of the older woman: Antonio and Manuel have signed a contract in blood to acquire Quinta Rosa do Vale, D'Sousa's valuable vineyards, and to marry his only daughter, Daniela D'Sousa.

Need Help?

The masochistic part of this, I think what the author has been criticized for, is the self-abasing attitude of the women who accede to the advances of the policeman. He’s tall, blond, blue-eyed. They are older, losing their good looks, and desperate for company to fight off loneliness. Despite being her father's rival/enemy, Daniela have always been drawn to Antonio's dangerous aura, but that girl had shed her former self and the lavish lifestyle she had lived the moment her father died. He wants to get hold of the property of women, this man, at which he possesses great skill, which now, however, increasingly seems to be leaving him.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop