Conversations on Love: with Philippa Perry, Dolly Alderton, Roxane Gay, Stephen Grosz, Esther Perel, and many more

£9.9
FREE Shipping

Conversations on Love: with Philippa Perry, Dolly Alderton, Roxane Gay, Stephen Grosz, Esther Perel, and many more

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Warm and wide-ranging and wise, a wonderful companion and guide Cressida Connolly, author of AFTER THE PARTY Standout Quote or Moment: “It seems to me that we expect so much from love, yet devote so little time to understanding it. Like wanting to dive into the sea but having no interest in learning to swim.” Aku nggak bisa berkata banyak. Darip banyaknya bagian yang aku beri highlight, aku cuma sanggup menampilkan 2 favoritku. Buku ini sungguh pantas mendapatkan rating 5/5. Bahasannya tidak berat pun diatur sedemikian rupa agar enak dinikmati oleh siapapun.

In addition to miscarriage, there are other difficult themes and conversations in this book, and whilst they are handled gently and sensitively, through Lunn’s writing and interview style, I will include trigger warnings for bereavement, miscarriage and difficulty to conceive. she allows the reader space to consider our own relationships and what truly brings us happiness, all with a beautiful linguistic flourish that is so rarely depicted in didactic essay collections. I truly did not expect to think about love in all its forms so deeply and with power and intention behind those thoughts. conversations on love is a welcome breath of fresh air to the genre, carrying lessons that I know I will take with me into the future.Interviewing authors and experts as well as drawing on her own experience, Natasha Lunn guides us through the complexities of these three questions. The result is a book to learn from, to lose and find yourself in. The real-life love stories will leave you feeling hopeful and seen, while the insights from experts will transform the way you think about your relationships. Above all, Conversations on Love will remind you that love is fragile, sturdy, mundane, beautiful; a thing always worth fighting for. Given the cultural importance we place on love, it is surprising how little we know and understand about it and this eclectic collection of interviews goes a long way to exploring love, connection, and loss in myriad ways. To know someone is to love them. So you make someone the right person and they make you the right person. There isn't someone the right shape out there for every person--that has to happen in relationships. That's why relationships get better, because we allow mutual impact". Psychotherapist Susie Orbach argues that “friends have a responsibility to continue to learn and accept who the other is in the present… rather than clinging to the old versions of who they once were”. And author Diana Evans explains: “When I look at my 16-year-old daughter, I see memories of her as a baby and as a toddler and as a six-year-old… In just one glance, I recollect her in a multidimensional way.” Similar Books: Everything I Know About Love by Dolly Alderton, Essays in Love by Alain de Botton and The Book You Wish Your Parents Had Read (And Your Children Will Be Glad You Did) by Phillipa Perry.

Pembaca diajak berkelana bersama Lunn membahas apa itu "cinta" dengan 3 ide besar itu. Narasi Lunn mengantarkan kita pada percakapannya dengan filsuf, psikolog, penyair, penulis, & nama-nama yang nggak asing dalam skena menulis di barat sana.Ambil contoh, ada nama Alaine de Botton, Philippa Perry, Emily Nagoski, Esther Perel, Roxane Gay dan masih banyak lagi. Percakapan itu melengkapi definisi "Cinta" yang Lunn coba ejawantahkan.

Based on her newsletter of the same name, Natasha Lunn’s Conversations on Love is an insightful and fascinating book, exploring love in all its forms from romance, friendship, and parenting to grief and heartbreak.These conversations explore a lot more than romantic love. In fact, ‘loss’ is a huge topic that highlights love in a very powerful way. Lunn talks to people who have lost partners, who have lost the ability to walk, who have lost parents at a young age, and devastatingly - people who have lost children too. Breathtaking in its scope and breadth, Natasha Lunn combines the boundless curiosity of a researcher, the passion of a formidable writer, and the erudition of a deeply reflective thinker. She's daring and kind, and a joy to read. Conversations on Love offers us vital guidance for navigating all relationships Charlotte Fox Weber, founder of The School of Life Psychotherapy

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop