Megamonster: the mega laugh-out-loud children’s book by multi-million bestselling author David Walliams

£9.35
FREE Shipping

Megamonster: the mega laugh-out-loud children’s book by multi-million bestselling author David Walliams

RRP: £18.70
Price: £9.35
£9.35 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

They are annoying, rude, and mean but there is a worthy lesson to be imbibed from the exciting adventure this book takes you on. Larker is a girl who got sent to Cruel School when a teacher picked on her and wrongly accused her of violating school rules. This book certainly adds some excitement to reading and might engage even the most reluctant of reluctant readers.

This is another mess of a book by David Walliams, there are some good ideas but as a whole it doesn’t really work. It has been a while since Walliams wrote a story about a girl with wit as sharp as a smooth edge of paper, a delightful sense of humour, and courage that fails at nothing. Megamonster is an action-packed page-turning adventure from David Walliams, packed with brilliant illustrations by Tony Ross. We follow Larker who finds herself sent to Cruel School as a punishment and her adventures within it.If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance. I’m sure kids will enjoy reading it, but I expect a higher standard for quality literature, be it for kis, YA or adults. Okay, I'm going to be kind with this one, I'm an adult reading a book intended for young kids and the one thing which irritated me is probably entertaining for children. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites.

In David's brand new novel Megamonster, heroine Larker discovers something dangerous in the heart of the Cruel School - science teacher's Doctor Doktur's Monsterfication Machine. His tenth novel, BAD DAD, was an immediate number one, following the triumph of THE MIDNIGHT GANG, the biggest-selling children's book of 2016. The plot was somewhat entertaining, but there was just nothing underneath it, and I think that’s what I found the most disappointing.

We use Google Analytics to see what pages are most visited, and where in the world visitors are visiting from. We are experiencing delays with deliveries to many countries, but in most cases local services have now resumed.

For all ebook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing HarperCollins username and password. Megamonster is an action-packed page-turning adventure, set on an island in the middle of shark-infested waters – where the Cruel School stands on top of a dormant volcano.We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. I found myself questioning this story when I first started it as I wasn't sure that I would be able to get into it but I was wrong. It's a fast paced book and the illustrations within the pages help flesh out the story in the readers minds eye. The plot rushes too quickly with no chance to build any character relationships, or to feel any empathy. This magical story of bravery will convince little girls that courage does not differentiate gender.

She kept asking sensible questions like why a girl climbing up a drainpipe was suddenly on the ground, how a child who hadn’t eaten in days could stay up night after night without getting tired, or why she was suddenly best friends with a boy she met briefly at one breakfast?I think this about the 18th book by Mr Walliams that I've read and it is as good as any of the others. The way in which the characters learn as they go through strange yet entertaining situations is thrilling for readers. I certainly loved reading it, it reminded me of the books I read growing up (I used to love reading Roald Dahl). Megamonster is now available in hardback, ebook and audiobook read by David himself alongside a star-studded cast.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop