Gardena Wall-Mounted Hose Box RollUp XL (turquoise) 35 m: Versatile watering system for large gardens, swivel hose box, including 35 m Gardena hose and mounting kit (18630-20)

£14.99
FREE Shipping

Gardena Wall-Mounted Hose Box RollUp XL (turquoise) 35 m: Versatile watering system for large gardens, swivel hose box, including 35 m Gardena hose and mounting kit (18630-20)

RRP: £29.98
Price: £14.99
£14.99 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

That said, you should still position your reel out of direct sunlight. High-quality casing will protect the hose from UV damage, but it will last longer if it is in a position where the temperature is more stable. Many manufacturers have their own patented hose retraction system. Your part in the rewind process is to give the hose a gentle tug and watch as it winds into the reel box. It’s a controlled rewind with a braking mechanism that avoids speedy travel by the hose and helps to stop the hose from kinking and tangling. Seeing as these garden hoses should be stored away in winter to prevent damage from freezing, a lighter unit like this may appeal to some, making the notion of the bi-annual job a bit less daunting.

Considering the price and hose length, this hose reel is of good value and a great option for small gardens and a good model to consider. The included Gardena hose features a spray nozzle and an on/off valve. This makes it infinitely easier to connect the hose to a sprinkler system, as well as adjust the water pressure from the hose itself rather than just the garden tap. The hose is stored inside a tough UV stabilised plastic case that ensures protection from the sun and therefore extends its longevity. What we really love about the case is that it can pivot 180 degrees on its base to allow for a wider reach in your garden, just like the Gardena model does.

My garden used to look a lot like the picture below. A tangled mess of hosepipe where the kids have pulled it out and played with it. Not anymore thanks to automatic hose reels 🙂 The anti-kink hose itself actually feels good quality and didn’t give me any immediate cause for concern over its durability. I also like the fact that Vonhaus had placed an extra design feature into the hole where the hose feeds in and out that guides it and keeps it reeling and unreeling in a uniform manner. It’s also a good budget option, possessing many of the same features as some of the best garden hose reels on this list, without the eyewatering price tag. An automatic hose reel takes the effort out of uncurling your hose to water your garden and then putting it away at the end of your garden tasks. It stops the hose from becoming tangled and you can unroll just the amount of hose that you need.

I’ve just moved to my new house last year and what an opportunity for me to test and bring you the new best automatic garden hose reel. I’m sorting a lawn from scratch – nothing fancy as I plan to do something with a structure on the area later this year or next, but an automatic garden hose reel is an absolute must if you want to keep the garden tidy whilst watering your grass seed every day. Naturally I am using it in conjunction with my favourite water sprinkler. I have to say it was extremely easy to setup and install – the components are so straight forward you don’t even need the instructions but there were a few pitfalls on testing and I came up with a much better idea than joining two GARDENA reels to save money this time. Here’s a look at my favourite automatic garden hose reel in action: My personally tested HAUSHOF Hose Reel, Wall Mounted Retractable Garden Hose Reel Compact units, holding 15 m hoses, are available for small gardens . In medium gardens, a hose of 20 – 30 m should work well. Larger gardens will benefit from a 30 – 40 m hose . You can always attach an additional extension to the hose whilst working. The models of automatic garden hose reels in this review take hoses in the range of 20m to 40m. This is generally the length of the hose available with these types of hose reels, although you may sometimes find a 10m hose auto reel. Mounting is a doddle – just lift the unit into place and then place in the plastic bar as highlighted Automatic hose reels are durable and are usually made of metal, fibreglass or plastic. The metal is generally powder-coated and rust resistant, while fibreglass and plastic naturally are. The reel boxes also protect the hose from wind, rain and harmful UV rays. What safety features are included with an automatic hose reel, and are there any safety concerns to be aware of?

Whilst some people love the bright colours of gardening equipment, there are others who cry out for something a little more understated. If you find yourself in the latter category, you’ll be pleased to know the TRESKO Auto Garden Hose Reel has got you covered. Freestanding hose reels provide exceptional portability and allow you to move them around the garden wherever you want to use the hose. As they do not require any installation, they are an excellent choice for those who only use a hose occasionally and don’t want the hassle of fixing it to the wall. I would also change the standard plastic connectors for metal ones for the same reasons. Brass hose connectors are relatively inexpensive and are much more durable than plastic hose connectors, not matter how high quality the plastic is. You might be torn between hose reels or expandable hoses – both options are space-saving ways to get a longer hose in the garden.

Most reel boxes with automatic reels have a 180? pivoting mechanism. This allows you to easily and smoothly move your hose through a semi-circle as you water. In contrast, with a manual hose you need to drag the entire length (and weight) of the hose to the next position or part of the garden that you need to water. Reel box There is also an integrated hose guide, much like the Von Haus, that makes sure the hose reels in evenly and doesn’t get tangled. If you’re not extending from the tap then it comes with everything you need, the sprinkler and the connector – just plug it onto your garden tap: We’ve covered the best expandable garden hoses extensively on DIY Garden, and there are some great options on the market. One of the main advantages of expandable hoses is that they can be longer than hoses in reels, whilst taking up less storage space.

Large automatic garden hose reel that’s heavy duty: GARDENA Wall-Mounted Hose Box 35 roll-up automatic: Swiveling hose reel best of the best: I used to own two of these in my old house it’s just a case of do you spend the money? The latest generation of hose reels make the watering process even easier by using auto-rewind technology. For use on the go consider the Gardena 15m hose reel set, it has a compact and light design which makes it the go to choice for use on a patio, in a small London garden or perhaps on your balcony. Transporting the hose reel is easy too as it has an ergonomic handle as part of the design. The auto-reeling mechanism on the Gardena is by far the smoothest we tested, however you have to make sure you pull it slowly and it does take a little strength to do so at first. When the garden hose retracts, it actually has quite a bit of pull which speaks volumes about the quality of the spring, and it almost caught me off guard the first time.

The bottom line is: if you’ve got a garden, you need a garden hose, and that used to mean spending a fair bit of time taking it out of the shed or garage, untying it, reeling it out, and trying to get rid of all the kinks and twists before even starting. Then after you’ve finished, you have to go through it all again in reverse! Certainly not ideal.
With modern innovations, there are some solutions available to the modern consumer, such as expanding hoses that can work pretty well if you pay for a good one and also have good water pressure at home.

One of the most important things is the quality of the housing of your hose reel like the GARDENA Wall-Mounted Hose Box 35 roll-up automatic: Swiveling hose reel which is really well built and designed to put up with a real beating from both weather and rough use alike. You want one to be able to protect the contents from weather conditions, particularly UV, which can damage your hose as well as the case itself not fading – from many years of personal testing and ownership I can tell you the Garden is good quality plastic. Here’s a look at the more budget HAUSHOF casing which looks right up to the job from the time I’ve had it: HAUSHOF Hose Reel, Wall Mounted Retractable Garden Hose Reel – casing works great – rigid and strong Hose length and your garden setup

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop