The Gluten Lie: And Other Myths about What You Eat

The Gluten Lie: And Other Myths about What You Eat

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

A 2008 study in the Brazilian Journal of Medical and Biological Research tested for leaky gut in 22 Celiac disease patients who were on a gluten-free diet for 1 year. They found these patients following a gluten-free diet still had a much leakier gut compared to healthy controls eating gluten (0.013 vs 0.003, P = 0.001). The authors concluded: Yes, now I remember, this is a book review. The Gluten Lie traces how food myths gain credence and become gospel, despite scientific evidence to the contrary. For instance, in the 80s we were told, "Fat is bad." Then come to find out, it was the scientific studies funded by the margarine companies that were actually bad. Levinovitz has done a lot of deep diving on the complicated relationships between food, science, politics, dietitians, and how the general public is often having its chain yanked by the representatives of these various I really wanted to like this book. Like really REALLY. I think anyone familiar with social media nowadays must be annoyed by some of the self-appointed health gurus, who have a "simple fix" to all your problems. Just follow this diet, ups, its not called diet anymore, its LIFESTYLE now, and all your problems will disappear....no gluten is the latest trend. A fun and evidence-based inoculation of clarity into an area permeated with confusion and controversy. It is a must-read for anyone fed up with all the noise surrounding nutritional advice.”

A 2002 study in the of Alimentary Pharmacology and Therapeutics looked at the vitamin status of 30 adults with Celiac disease showing “biopsy-proven remission,” after following a gluten-free diet for 8-12 years. They found that 56% had poor vitamin status, suggesting that proper nutrient uptake is not occurring. The authors concluded that: Remember when butter was the enemy? Now it's good for you. You may have lived through times when the Atkins Diet was good, then bad, then good again; you may have wondered why all your friends cut down on salt or went Paleo; and you might even be thinking about cutting out wheat products from your own diet.in many circumstances non-celiac gluten sensitivity is an imaginary ailment that is caused by the nocebo effect of gluten ingestion.”

Muy interesante. Es un libro de nutrición escrito por un filósofo, lo que le da un enfoque muy distinto a los enfoques tradicionales y los de moda en el mundo de las dietas y alimentación saludable. I have a problem, the doctor figures out what the problem is, and gives me a conventional prescription generally supported by Doctors, researchers, and the FDA. Gluten is a protein found in the cereals wheat, barley and rye.Some people also react to a similar protein found in oats. It is possible to be sensitive to ingredients used in cosmetics, but this has nothing to do with coeliac disease specifically. If you experience skin irritation when using any cosmetics, discontinue use and visit your GP. Gum on envelopesThe Gluten Lie Reddit I suggest, here the parents are investing “a awesome deal of effort and time” to hold these strict diets. Book Genre: Food, Food and Drink, Health, Medical, Medicine, Nonfiction, Nutrition, Philosophy, Popular Science, Science, Self Help, Skepticism Might as well be, but he doesnt cite 1 study!!! Not a single 1!!! He just casually mentiones that "this one study done in university of blablabla" proved the previous study wrong. Ehm ok...how about you add it to the footnotes, because for all I know, you just pulled it out of your hat:-)

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop