Charlie and Lola: My Completely Best Story Collection

Charlie and Lola: My Completely Best Story Collection

RRP: £12.99
Price: £6.495
£6.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

There’s not enough understanding of how sophisticated picture books can be,” said Child, who supported the project. “If we don’t understand that, then we don’t understand how amazingly sophisticated children are and that they think very deeply and powerfully about things. And we do them a disservice if we don’t see this.”

I Will Not Ever Never Eat a Tomato (Charlie and Lola) I Will Not Ever Never Eat a Tomato (Charlie and Lola)

We Honestly Can Look After Your Dog (TV episode title: We Do Promise Honestly We Can Look After Your Dog) A collection of FIVE extremely good stories all about ABSOLUTELY very important things like making friends, being independent and even taking part in your very first school sports day! Lauren Child is a multi-award-winning, bestselling writer and artist whose books are known and loved the world over. She is the creator of characters including Clarice Bean, Ruby Redfort and Charlie and Lola. The "Charlie and Lola" books have been translated into Welsh under the name Cai a Lois and into many other languages.Charlie and Lola's Best Bestest Play is based on the characters created by Lauren Child and adapted by Jonathan Lloyd, artistic director of Polka Theatre. A sequel, Charlie and Lola's Extremely New Play premiered at King's College School in 2012 before also touring internationally. This really very good Charlie and Lola book includes two wintery stories: Snow is My Favourite and My Best and I Really Need Actual Ice Skates. This wonderful book is perfect for fans of Charlie and Lola, and for cold winter bedtimes. Lola is really, really excited about looking after the school guinea pig, Bert. Lola loves playing with Bert, and she and Charlie even build him his very own guinea-pig run! But when Bert goes missing, Lola soon discovers that she knows something about Bert that no one else has even thought of . . .

Charlie and Lola - Penguin Books UK Charlie and Lola - Penguin Books UK

Her manifesto is launched the week after a six-year project from the Centre for Literacy in Primary Education found that using picture books in primary schools, and making drawing part of the learning process, improves children’s writing and reading skills. The Power of Pictures project saw over 7,000 children and 318 schools across the UK take part in a course designed to help teachers use picture books, understand the process that goes into developing picture books and foster relationships between authors and schools. The project resulted in higher reading scores, and higher writing self-efficacy and writing creativity scores for children in the programme. Charlie and Lola is the charming and heart-warming pre-school series created by Lauren Child. Using quirky illustrations and hilarious text, these books make school, bed and eating your veg, look not so bad after all! Both boys love the Charlie and Lola books - I like this one as we enjoy counting the numbers through out the book and that it’s ok to be nervous about... Charlie has this little sister Lola. Today they are visiting London on a school trip. Lola says, "London is extremely huge and very BUSY...I can't wait!"One might as well suggest that shorter books hold less meaning than longer ones, or large paintings are better than small. Nevertheless, the view prevails, something which leads one to wonder: what unhappy reality does its existence reveal about the way many view our children, and our child selves?” Lauren Child has been at the forefront of innovation in children's books for over 15 years and has raised the profile of illustration as an artform for all ages. She's worked with mixed media, pioneered text as an integral part of illustration and collaborated with artists across different fields. For that first book in the series, Child won the 2000 Kate Greenaway All-Medal Trophy from the Library Association, recognising the year's best children's book illustration by a British subject. For the 50th anniversary of the Medal (1955–2005) it was named one of the top ten winning works, selected by a 2007 panel to compose the ballot for a public election of the all-time favourite. [2] Lola's best friend Lotta has an extremely special new coat, and Lola really wants to borrow it. Lotta isn't so sure . . . 'I will be especially very careful,' says Lola. But will she be able to keep it all fluffy and white and new? Children will join Charlie, Lola and their friends on a trip to the library to look at all the different types of books that Lola might like to read. It is a warm and funny story about family, friends and the importance of trying new things.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop