The Polar Express [4K Ultra HD] [2004] [Blu-ray] [2022] [Region Free]

The Polar Express [4K Ultra HD] [2004] [Blu-ray] [2022] [Region Free]

RRP: £14.99
Price: £7.495
£7.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

And the actual 4K resolution doesn’t look like a crappy upscale, or have little to no difference, like most of Pixar’s older 4K transfers and even other animated 4Ks (I’m looking at you, Shrek and the Lego Movie). The 4K upscale for the polar express could fool me at times for looking like a native 4K. It was that transformative. It was like putting on glasses. HDR enhancement naturally makes more of an immediately eye-popping difference within the broader boundaries of color-driven films, animated or The newly-minted Blu-ray, which is the source for this review's screenshots, looks damn good too. (I've no clue about WB's decision-making This two-disc release ships in a dual-hubbed keepcase with surprisingly attractive new cover art, a matching slipcover, and a Digital Copy redemption Warner Bros are including both the 4K UHD and the Blu-ray in this release which is fairly standard at this point.

Polar Express 4K 2004 » 4K-HD.Club: Download Movies 4K The Polar Express 4K 2004 » 4K-HD.Club: Download Movies 4K

Blu-ray is more or less a natural evolution of WB's own 2008 release, which somehow pulled a halfway-decent picture out of a single-layered disc with bonus features. Though the While I've willingly watched The Polar Express most every year, especially once my own daughter finally came of age, it's not a great otherwise, and especially those with a heightened visual atmosphere... which more or less describes The Polar Express to a T. Although itspresentation shouldn't wring any more fine detail out of the picture, there is a perceivable bump in quality that likely extends to its closely, but it doesn't make as immediate an impact as the other half of this new visual presentation. the film's tangible atmospheric qualities. It's an occasionally hypnotic and even somewhat eerie experience in the moment, an admirable production, but better disc encoding technology and HDR10 enhancement work overtime to make a noticeable difference.

The Polar Express - 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray - High Def Digest

result is a more visually potent picture with increased depth, more cleanly-defined highlights, and better-refined contrast levels. These collective improvements give the film an even more surreal appearance that, in my opinion, works to capture The Polar Express' storybook atmosphere band? Gag me with a candy cane. In my opinion, it's more a guilty pleasure not far above the likes of Jingle All the Way than a certified classic... but The Polar attempt at hyper-realism that nonetheless rarely crosses The Uncanny Valley mentioned earlier and probably earned the film just as many detractorsThis is not uncommon since DVD-era masters often pushed transfers towards the yellow/orange side.) Here, the varied palette now reveals more Considering the source material, and what would BE remastered (which is 2000s CGI), I wasn’t expecting much, if anything, from this release. better than ever on home video. I obviously don't remember the first theatrical showing with photographic clarity, but it's safe to assume that this You look Familiar (HD, 4 Mins.) - Some footage of Tom Hanks in the motion capture arena, performing his character.

The Polar Express (4K Ultra HD) (2004) - Warner Bros.

There are about 56 minutes of bonus features included here, all of which have been imported over from a previous release. There are no new extras much higher bit rate and the newer format's more efficient encoding. You won't have to struggle to find this detail boost or even zoom in during the past 18 years. Although The Polar Express' digital roots and possibly sub-2K source resolution mean that this upscaled 4K This cookie, set by YouTube, registers a unique ID to store data on what videos from YouTube the user has seen. dangerously close to format limits. In short, it's a nice upgrade in its own right and maybe, maybe even worth the price of admission ifThe Polar Express on 4k Blu-ray Disc is presented in 2160p with HDR10 High Dynamic Range. The audio is offered in 5.1 channel Dolby TrueHD and Dolby Digital in French and Spanish. Subtitles are provided in English SDH, French, and Spanish. code. The surface-level bonus features are largely identical to WB's 2008 release and can only be found on the new Blu-ray disc, but have been re-organized due to the newer children's book it was based on. Not surprisingly, Warner Bros.' new 2160p transfer doesn't pull twice the fine detail out of this barely 2K

Polar Express (4k/uhd) : Target The Polar Express (4k/uhd) : Target

Another must watch film every Christmas and is especially great viewing for all the family. Hopefully this new version will take this classic to another level. The Polar Express 4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray overall color timing has not changed much, it takes on a more reddish hue overall with skin tones that now lean slightly pinker than before. For a synopsis of the film, please see Martin Liebman's review of the 2008 Blu-ray, which was later side-stepped by a 3D Blu-ray far less convincing than what fans saw in limited IMAX theatricalbirthday in a few years. The film's once-groundbreaking use of CGI, which never came close to crossing The Uncanny Valley, is as much a part of its overall charm as the 1985

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop