Old Forester Bourbon Whisky, 70cl

Old Forester Bourbon Whisky, 70cl

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Conclusion: I stand corrected in regards to Old Forester. This is a great bourbon. It’s available and (somewhat) affordable. This became one of the highlights of the 2016 bourbon releases for me. I hope to see more releases with this flavor profile from OF in the near future. Old Forester 1920 Prohibition style bourbon is easily my favorite expression of the Whiskey Row Series. I’ve been a fan of Old Forester Signature, and 1920 Prohibition Style bourbon is has a similar flavor profile but much stronger. If I had one minor gripe, it would be that this expression likely started as normal barrels of Old Forester distillate, with a barrel entry proof of 125. If Brown-Forman really wanted to make an interesting bourbon, barreling some bourbon at 100 proof for a future release would be a more accurate reflection of a prohibition style whiskey. If we decide not to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms, such decision shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The nose is sweet but more caramel and fruity. It has a hint of the cherry nose I’m used to with Old Forester. But, this is much warmer and rounded. It’s spicy with notes of cinnamon and minty. The taste is where this one becomes impressive. It’s viscous and syrupy. It’s sweet and spicy. There’s a caramel apple or dark cherry note. The finish is more leathery and woody. It blends to oakiness towards the end.

The World’s Most Underrated Whiskies—According To The Experts The World’s Most Underrated Whiskies—According To The Experts

Nose: Top notes of orange blossom and cedar. Soon develops the classic rye bread warmth and a lingering waft of buttered pancakes.Editor’s Note: A sample of this whiskey was provided to us by those behind it. The Whiskey Wash, while appreciative of this, keeps full independent editorial control over this article. A favorite of bartenders, 100 proof honors the legacy of founder George Garvin Brown, who put his signature on every bottle. And this bourbon is definitely one he would be proud to have his name on today. Long -> Oak, cocoa, baking spice, dried dark fruit and copper fades dryly to a grainy/farmy quality. We may, but are not under any obligation, to release new functionalities and tools or other features for the Service every now and then. Any new functionalities, tools and features shall be part of and governed by the Terms from the moment they are launched and/or available. Further, we reserve the right to modify, change, discontinue the Service, add or remove features, update the Service, change its appearance, temporarily and permanently, at any time, in whole or any part thereof.

Old Forester Bourbon Whiskey | Master of Malt Old Forester Bourbon Whiskey | Master of Malt

Old Forester is known as the first bottled bourbon, and two of the expressions from their Row Series have gathered so much attention for being great-tasting whiskeys. Carbon copy of the aroma with a slight addition of some grainy/farmy notes peeking through towards the end. While most distilleries shuttered during Prohibition, Brown-Forman received a federal license to continue making Old Forester for medicinal purposes. So, similar to the previous two releases, 1920 Prohibition Style reflects the style of whiskey that would have been distilled and bottled by Brown-Forman during Prohibition.

Knob Creek is a dark and dense whiskey, full of brown sugar, nuts, spices, dried dark fruits such as cherries and dates, cocoa, and wood that coat my mouth in oils and tannins. It’s an interesting bourbon that feels mature and complex. First a mixture of fine Nussigkeit comes here again and the citrus notes in the form of rather bitter than sour grapefruit, then the Manuka honey, fine toffee and vanilla, cinnamon, anise, nutmeg, some eucalyptus, then again to hazelnut and peanut, as well as beautiful fresh oak, to discover something for a Bourbon, very nice! Colorwise, the Old Forester bourbon has a warm and clear amber and copper balance that shines in the light. You can catch elements of bronze in the glass too. Taste

The Old Forester Bourbon Review | Whiskey Rocks The Old Forester Bourbon Review | Whiskey Rocks

Bottled at 43% alcohol by volume, with an 86 U.S. proof, The Old Forester has an average alcohol content for the bourbon market. Worth noting, the former Old Forester Signature has a 100 proof for 50% abv, while the Old Forester Birthday Bourbon, released first in 2002, has a 95 U.S. proof (for 47.5% abv). The Old Forester Statesman, which has been released as a marketing event along the film Kingsman: The Golden Circle, is also bottled at 95 proof. You can also find a wink to the 1920 -1933 period with the 1920 Prohibition Style Old Forester bourbon, bottled at 115 proof. Where is The Old Forester bourbon made?Regardless of whether the Service offers the functionality to contribute, you are solely responsible and liable for any content and information that you create, upload, post, publish, link to, duplicate, transmit, record, display or otherwise make available on the Service or to other Members, such as chat messages, text messages, videos, audio, audio recordings, music, pictures, photographs, text and any other information or materials, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted (“Contributions”).

Old Forester 1920 Prohibition Style Review - The Whiskey Jug

Whiskybase B.V. (“Whiskybase”, “we” or “us”, company details below) offers a whisky enthusiasts online platform that provides its members access to the most comprehensive, transparent and trusted resource of whisky bottles and allows and stimulates its members to contribute information about whisky bottles to the platform (“Service”). The dry woody element gradually appears, bringing a sense of cedarwood and lingering toasted oak and tannins. The maple flavor takes a cinnamony hint in the aftertaste, keeping it sweet enough to balance the toasted wood in the mid-palate. There’s a surprisingly fresh finish, with juicy orange hints bringing a somehow almost medicinal quality to the taste. How to drink The Old Forester bourbon? Old Forester’s 86 Proof is a very straightforward whisky. The mash bill is mid-range rye with 18 percent next to 72 percent corn and a final ten percent malted barley (the same bill for all their bourbon). The juice is aged in a fairly heavily charred oak barrel for an undisclosed amount of time (the youngest barrel is likely older than four years). The whisky is then blended and proofed down to a very manageable 86 proof. We all define success differently. For some, the word conjures images of large houses, luxurious cars, and bank accounts boasting multiple commas. For others (myself included), there’s a more holistic conceptualization encompassing balance, quality of relationships, and an inner feeling of satisfaction for a job well done.The nuttiness remains, plus some bitter white oak, hay, honey and light grapefruit, as well as Toffifee, medium long, pleasant One of the first things that comes to mind with this bourbon is a likeness to a stout beer, no different than what I noticed in Old Forester’s 2013 Birthday Bourbon. That’s not to say it tastes like a beer, but where porters and stouts are often rich, chocolatey, dark beers, 1920 is a rich, chocolatey, dark bourbon. This characteristic is evident immediately. Not surprisingly, I prefer darker beers and also really enjoy this bourbon. It’s one of the few bourbons I’ve ever had that I took an instant liking to on my first sip. If any provision of these Terms is held invalid, the remainder of the Terms shall continue in full force and effect. During prohibition, the Old Forester distillery was allowed to stay open and make medicinal whiskey. During this time they barreled at 100 proof making the end result, post-angel’s share, around 115 proof. This is their homage to the whiskey they made during prohibition.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop