The Journals of Sylvia Plath

The Journals of Sylvia Plath

RRP: £20.00
Price: £10
£10 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Beginning in October 1962, Plath experienced a great burst of creativity and wrote most of the poems on which her reputation now rests, writing at least 26 of the poems of her posthumous collection Ariel during the final months of her life. [28] [33] [34] In December 1962, she returned alone to London with their children, and rented, on a five-year lease, a flat at 23 Fitzroy Road—only a few streets from the Chalcot Square flat. William Butler Yeats once lived in the house, which bears an English Heritage blue plaque for the Irish poet. Plath was pleased by this fact and considered it a good omen. Editor) American Poetry Now (supplement number 2 to Critical Quarterly,) Oxford University Press (Oxford, England), 1961. Butscher, Edward (2003). Sylvia Plath: Method and Madness. Tucson, Arizona: Schaffner Press. ISBN 0-9710598-2-9. Plath, Sylvia (March 13, 2008). "Ariel". The Guardian. London. Archived from the original on March 12, 2017. In 2018, The New York Times published an obituary for Plath [103] as part of the Overlooked history project. [104] [105] Portrayals in media [ edit ]

Taylor, Robert (1986). Saranac: America's Magic Mountain. Boston: Houghton Mifflin. ISBN 0-395-37905-9. The Journals of Sylvia Plath, edited by Ted Hughes and Frances McCullough, Ballantine (New York, NY), 1983.We walked by Ginny, Sally, and a crowd of kids keeping dry in the tractor shed. A roar went up as we passed. A singsong, "Oh, Sylvia." My cheeks burned. I nodded and kept walking, looking at the ground. Then we were at the barn, a huge place, a giant high ceilinged room smelling of horses and damp hay. It was dim inside; I thought I saw the figure of a person on the other side of the stalls, but I couldn't be sure. Without saying a word, Ilo had begun to mount a narrow flight of wooden stairs. I want to write because I have the urge to excel in one medium of translation and expression of life. I can’t be satisfied with the colossal job of merely living.” – Sylvia Plath, The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Plath

Olwyn Hughes, Corrections of Diane Middlebrook's Her Husband. Emory University Libraries: Stuart A. Rose Manuscript, Archives, and Rare Book Library (MARBL), Olwyn Hughes Papers 1956–1997, box 2, folder 20 – cited in Ferretter 2009, p.15 Children's book published by Faber and Faber in London with illustrations by Quentin Blake and New York City by Harper and Row with illustrations by Emily Arnold McCully Wagner-Martin, Linda, Sylvia Plath: The Critical Heritage, Routledge & Kegan Paul (London, England), 1988. I don’t believe in God as a kind father in the sky. I don’t believe that the meek will inherit the earth: The meek get ignored and trampled. They decompose in the bloody soil of war, of business, of art, and they rot into the warm ground under the spring rains.” – Sylvia Plath, The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Plath

Become a Member

Malcolm, Janet (August 15, 1993). "The Mystery of Sylvia Plath". The New Yorker. Archived from the original on January 26, 2021 . Retrieved January 28, 2021. The United States Postal Service introduced a postage stamp featuring Plath in 2012. [100] [101] [102] An English Heritage plaque records Plath's residence at 3 Chalcot Square, in London. [29] Carmody, Denise Lardner; Carmody, John Tully (1996). Mysticism: Holiness East and West. Oxford University Press. ISBN 0-19-508819-0. It’s hopeless to “get life” if you don’t keep notebooks.” – Sylvia Plath, The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Plath

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop