RØDE NTG5 Premium Lightweight Supercardioid RF-Bias Shotgun Microphone with Complete Kit for Location Recording, Foley and Voice Overs

£9.9
FREE Shipping

RØDE NTG5 Premium Lightweight Supercardioid RF-Bias Shotgun Microphone with Complete Kit for Location Recording, Foley and Voice Overs

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Out on location is where the NTG5 really shines, particularly outdoor locations. It’s an RF-Bias microphone which means lots of technical things for which there seems to be very little information online. But the ultimate benefit for us as microphone users is that it’s less prone to interference and better protected against rain and other debris in the air, allowing it to produce decent sound in much harsher conditions than other shotgun microphones may be able to handle. The internal electronics are also sealed from the outside elements.

Compact shotgun microphones like the VideoMic GO II and VideoMic NTG are also great for podcasting and streaming when used on a desktop tripod like the Tripod 2. The super-powerful NTG5shotgun microphone – perfect for filmmaking, but also great for certainpodcastingand streaming applications Benefits of Using a Shotgun Microphone for Podcasting or Streaming The first NTG5.x unit come to the W222 S-Class and was known internally as the NTG5.2. Next, i quote here; “A more traditional system with full keyboard was then released and this is called NTG5*1. It was installed in the MY2015 E class and CLS class, and followed in the A, B, CLA, GLA and with the GLE/GLS when they were facelifted (and renamed from ML/GL). It has a SD-CARD slot in the front and seperate USB ports in the armrest glovebox”.The biggest advantage of shotgun microphones is theirhigh directionalityand excellent off-axis rejection. These characteristics allow you to place the microphone further away from what you are recordingand still capturecrisp, full-bodiedaudio with far less ambient room sound than if you were using another type of microphone. Just to give you an impression, we take the Sennheiser MKH-8060 as a comparison, which costs more than twice the price. Get an aftermarket kit installed such as the one below. (Same principal as the ones for the earlier headunit models.) It essentially links into the screen cable and displays it on the screen. Sound is a very subjective judgment, and everyone has their definition of “natural-sounding” or “warm sounding” microphone. But there’s also a kind of “industry standard” for sound, which is what you hear every day from TV and in the cinema. Therefore, you will mostly see Sennheiser, Schoeps, DPA or RØDE microphones chosen by audio professionals and filmmakers, for two reasons: first, people in audio postproduction are much more familiar with the sound of these microphones and know much better how to deal with them. Second, the ear of the audience is much more trained for the sound from these microphones.

During the firmware / software update, the instructions refer to a green cable, this is a ethernet cable that goes from the VCI to a network port the Xentry machine is connected too. (Note – we have a Kit3 type of Xentry system, if you have kit 1 or 2, then it might not say about this or maybe different) Featuring a groundbreaking acoustic port design providing superior progressive wave interference, ultra-lightweight construction, and crystal clear, broadcast-grade sound, the NTG5 is a revolution in shotgun microphone design aimed at the professional user. Rode NTG5 Key Features: Comes in a complete location recording kit with WS10 windshield, PG2-R pistol grip and other accessories For all-round use including outdoor interviews, indoor voiceovers, field recording, foley, etc., on a tight budget but with a view to long-term ownership. Get them to update the software on the headunit. Maybe you could say since you’ve serviced my car the bluetooth doesn’t always connect and get them to update the software FOC…..!

NTG3.5

The final button is the filter control. Pressing this once will engage the 75Hz high-pass filter (left Led illuminates). Pressing it again will select the 150Hz filter (middle LED illuminates). A third press will disengage the high-pass filters (left and middle LEDs off). A long press (3 seconds) will engage the high frequency boost (right LED illuminates). This can be used in conjunction with the high-pass filters. Another long press will disengage the high boost. The NTG5 comes in a complete location recording kit, featuring the new WS10 windshield, redesigned pistol grip and other accessories- it’s ready to be taken into the field right out of the box. Honestly, not really an option. You need to get yourself an Xentry Machine, RDS unit (Retail data storage) & Xentry online login. Notes for independents or even maybe dealers… Lots of good things about theRØDE NTG5, there is also something you need to know before making your final decision. Aluminium built, sensitivity to handling noise

All you need to do is plug the microphone straight into the USBport of the computer and you’re ready to start recording. The focus of my test was the off-axis coloration of sound, and how the microphone works on a real film set. Sounding good in perfect angle and distance is not enough for a good all-around short shotgun microphone. Much more critical is the sound coming from off-axis. When the microphone is mounted on-camera, the sound source comes often from off-axis. A good all-around shotgun microphone sounds only a little “faraway” and “quieter”, without color the sound and losing many details. Audio Comparison Clips One of the big selling features of the Rode NTG5 is its ultra-low weight. At only 76g, it’s ideal for boom operators to use on location all day long. The Rode Boompole I use is 3 metres long (about 10ft), and in the video, I had it on a stand, but I did handhold for a little while at full extension just to see how it felt. Holding it was a breeze compared to my other shotgun microphones. I felt very little strain on my arms, and I wouldn’t think twice about using this handheld over the talent on a real shoot. The WS10, too, fits quite snugly over the microphone. There’s no way it’s going to accidentally fall off in the middle of a take, although it’s easy to slide on and off as needed when required. The PG2-R pistol grip feels very comfortable in your hand and has slots for routing the PG2-R Pro cable internally so it doesn’t get in the way. The NTG5 features a short, super lightweight aluminium body (just 76g!), making it one of the most compact professional shotgun mics on the market.The VideoMic NTG is a supremely versatile microphone that delivers incredible audio anywhere you need it. Use it with your camera to record broadcast-grade sound in the field. Use it with your smartphone or tablet for crystal-clear audio on the go. Use it as a desktop USB mic for podcasting, gaming, voice calls and more. One microphone. Endless possibilities. Key Features: The RØDE NTG5 is a short shotgun microphone from the Australian microphone Manufacture RØDE. In comparison to the NTG3, the new NTG5 is about 50mm shorter than the NTG3, in total it’s 203mm long. It weighs only 76g, that’s almost half the weight of NTG3. But surprisingly, it costs 20% less with a whole accessory kit included. These factors make the NTG5 seem too good to be true, so we took a closer look. Below, we’ll take you through all of the important details and features of shotgun microphones, the benefits they offerfor podcasting and streaming,and how to rig them up togetthe best quality audio for your content. What Is A Shotgun Microphone? AUX / RVC - Double brown fakra for video AUX (undocumented)and Rear View Camera, connects to Parking System Control unit (RVC/360 camera) In my first tests, I was really quite surprised by how much hotter (louder) the microphone was than the Sennheiser K6/ME66 or the Deity S-Mic 2. This means that I can set my mixer or DR-100 inputs to a lower level for the same overall loudness, reducing any hiss that might be caused by the preamps in those devices. The microphone itself only has 10dBa of self-noise making for very clear recordings – as you can hear in the videos above.

We are superexcited to introduce the NTG5, a brand-new addition to our best-selling range of shotgun microphones. The NTG5 sets a new standard for the range.Witha groundbreaking acoustic port design, ultra-lightweight construction, and crystal clear, broadcast-grade sound, the NTG5 is a revolution in shotgun microphone design – the perfect location recording mic. Pictures of Apple CarPlay in Action on my Mercedes E-Class W212 Facelift Model Can i get Apple CarPlay / Android Auto in my W212 E-Class? The upgrade supports several car models featuring NTG5.0 and NTG5.2 infotainment, including the 2014-2018 C-Class W205 and the 2014-2018 A-Class. You can find the full list of compatible car models at the end of the article. The annular line tube technology intrinsic to the NTG5’s design sets it apart from all other microphones in its category, and will see this microphone take its place as a future industry standard. The result is a shotgun mic with unmatched acoustic transparency, and a natural, uncoloured sound that will sound superb in a wide variety of applications. A Boom Operator’s Dream

NTG5.5 – MBUX

The NTG5’s conformal coating is a thin layer of protective material that shields the active electronics from any moisture or particles, and the RF-biased circuitry is very resistant to moisture. This makes the NTG5 perfect for use in harsh weather conditions. Buy the Rode NTG5 broadcast shotgun microphone kit from PMT Online for accurate capture of incredible audio on location. Acoustic & Electrical Specifications: NTG5.5 was then introduced for the W213/W238 E Class and the CLS adding Apple CarPlay and Android Auto Support. At launch only COMAND was NTG5.5 and Audio-20 was NTG5*2, Audio-20 was updated to NTG5.5 around the Model Year 2018 release - The NTG5.5 Audio-20 supports both the standard Audio-20 LCD and the larger LCD previously used for COMAND, and of course Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Note that NTG5.5 does not have an inbuilt CD/DVD player but there is an optional external CD/DVD that is in the main glovebox and can be retrofitted. NTG5.5 seems to be made only by Mitsubishi Electric(Melco). NTG5.5 systems have the DAB tuner built in and use the FM/AM antenna connection for DAB aswell. There is an alternative to getting a activator unit, will involve a dealer or independent still to get it going – see options 2 / 3. Option 2, Full Dealer Co-operation Our next-generation range of RØDE VideoMics, including the VideoMic GO II and the VideoMic NTG, feature a USB output as well as a 3.5mm output. This gives them the unique ability to plug be plugged straight into a computer or smartphone without the need for an audiointerface or any messy cables or adaptors.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop