Olympus STYLUS Tough TG-4 Compact Camera 16MP 1/2.3" BSI CMOS 4608 x 3456pixels Black - Digital Cameras (16MP, 4608 x 3456 pixels, BSI CMOS, 4x, Full HD, Black)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

Olympus STYLUS Tough TG-4 Compact Camera 16MP 1/2.3" BSI CMOS 4608 x 3456pixels Black - Digital Cameras (16MP, 4608 x 3456 pixels, BSI CMOS, 4x, Full HD, Black)

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Like the earlier TOUGH TG3, the TG4 has built-in GPS and Wifi, allowing you to tag your photos with positional information, wirelessly transfer them to your phone and upload them to the Web and remotely control the camera with a smartphone. There’s also an electronic compass feature and a manometer which measures barometric pressure providing altitude and depth information. The "tiny pixels" are not destroying IQ. A 16MP shot downsized to 12MP in postprocessing will have more detail and less noise than a native 12MP shot from the same-sized sensor. The other important lens specification is the focal ratio, or to put it another way the maximum aperture that the lens diaphragm can be opened to. This is important on any camera as it determines the quality of shots in low light, or indeed whether you’re able to shoot at all. It’s even more important when shooting under water where the ambient light level is always lower than it is above the surface.

OLYMPUS TG-4 INSTRUCTION MANUAL Pdf Download | ManualsLib OLYMPUS TG-4 INSTRUCTION MANUAL Pdf Download | ManualsLib

You'll use a very nice 3" LCD to compose your photos. This display has 460k dots and has very good visibilityin both bright sunlight and dark rooms. As much as I like that camera line (I've had both the TG1 and TG4) its lens and sensor is nearing the end of the line.Finally, here’s an example of the TOUGH TG4’s high speed mode in action. It’s great fun for subjects like this and of course you can use it underwater too. iPhoneXSmax has two cameras with fixed lens at 26, 52mm equivalent, Oly's zoom power is 100mm equivalent. But you could use a 2x add on lens to reach that with your iPhone and keep much better IQ than the Oly. When the aperture value (F-number) is set manually, the camera sets the appropriate shutter speed automatically.

TG-4 | T (Tough) Series | Olympus: cameras Specifications TG-4 | T (Tough) Series | Olympus: cameras

Built-in Wi-Fi lets you share files with iOS and Android mobile devices, geotag photos with GPS location information, remotely compose the shot, adjust camera settings, and trip the shutter, apply custom signatures, Art filters, and stamps, using the Olympus O.I.Share app. Here’s where the TOUGH TG4 really shines. Its maximum aperture at the wide angle setting is a very bright f2, closing to f4.9 when fully zoomed in. By comparison the TOUGH TG-860 manages f3.5-5.7 and the COOLPIX AW130 f2.8-4.9. To put that in context, if you were shooting with the TOUGH TG4 and COOLPIX AW130 at the wide angle setting in the same conditions, you’d be able to shoot at 400 ISO on the TG4 where you’d need 800 ISO on the AW130, or over 1000 ISO on the TG860.

In my opinion the smart thing is get a discounted older waterproof/tough model for much cheaper since IQ is poor regardless." Kawika Nui, you can still crop your photos on your computer or even on a smartphone after importing, so what's the deal about the "sensor crop" you would like to have? For ther image quality, there is hardly a difference between cropping in the camera and doing so by hand on Mac/PC/mobile device. The advantage of cropping in "post pro", though, is that you can crop RAW, which, by design, won't work in the camera. I dont care much about extra data written to the file you record. Its pointless. Wideangle shots are fine. Postprocessing in Resolve is a breeze.

Olympus TG-4 16 MP Waterproof Digital Camera with 3-Inch LCD Olympus TG-4 16 MP Waterproof Digital Camera with 3-Inch LCD

Do you want an optical zoom? If yes, then the answer is emphatically: The Olympus is vastly more practical and has better IQ. Exposure. Using full Auto mode, the TG-4 performed fairly well with our Indoor Portrait flash test producing a well-exposed image, though Auto white balance produced overly warm results. Still, not a bad performance from such a small flash, though the camera did boost ISO to 400 and used a somewhat slow shutter speed of 1/30s to achieve those results. (Slow shutter speeds like 1/30s can result in motion blur unless your subject is reasonably still during the exposure. We'd rather see a speed above 1/50s for flash shots of people.)To balance the force of comments. I've had a great run with my TG-2 and I'm now looking to update to the TG-4. Got many great underwater and surf shots with it, great kayaking shots, great outdoor shots. It's also a champion at macro and macro video. It's my go-to camera when I'm in doubt about taking my OM-D EM-1 someplace dodgy outdoors or for serious outdoor action. Detail. The crop above right shows high levels of noise suppression in the mannequins's hair, with most individual strands smudged together in areas of low contrast, even at base ISO. This is fairly typical performance for such a small sensor, though. Noise-suppression systems in digital cameras tend to flatten-out detail in areas of subtle contrast. The effects can often be seen in shots of human hair, where the individual strands are lost and an almost "watercolor" look appears. The Olympus Stylus Tough TG-4 is a compact photo camera with a 16 MP BSI CMOS sensor type and a 1/2.3" image sensor size. It has a maximum image resolution of 4608 x 3456 pixels and 4 supported aspect ratios: 1:1, 3:2, 4:3, 16:9. This camera supports RAW image formats and has GPS satellite capabilities. Its optical zoom has a magnification of 4x and can be increased by an additional 4x with its digital zoom feature.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop