The Wife Next Door: An unputdownable thriller with a stunning twist

The Wife Next Door: An unputdownable thriller with a stunning twist

RRP: £8.99
Price: £4.495
£4.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

If for one minute anyone thought this was going to be one extended blissful family they are more than wrong....and when the accusations start,cruel and nasty ones and people's hidden agendas come to the fore anything could and does happen They seemed normal to me, dear. A funny accent, but other than that, just a very good-looking couple. Maybe they’re models...”

The programme is about a couple, George Basset ( John Alderton) and Suzie Basset ( Hannah Gordon). Each tries to start afresh after their divorce. They move to the country, only to find that they have moved into adjoining cottages. [1]The feel-good part of the story didn’t last much longer. Hours after they move in, Jess received a threatening message in a card (which mysteriously disappeared before she could show it to Ben), and she was hurt when she discovered Ben, Rob, and Carol decided (without her input) to take down the fence between the two houses. Things continued to go downhill from there, and Jess became increasingly suspicious of everyone around her. Are you just trying to convince ­yourself that it’s OK, that you can deal with it and you’re happy to carry on as you are because you’re frightened your wife will leave you? Or are you ­genuinely fine with it? If you are looking for a book that will keep you on your toes, Rona Halsall's The Wife Next Door is that story. With Halsall's twisty writing you will never know who is doing what or who is guilty. This book is almost impossible to put down once you start reading it. Featuring suspense and hard to love characters, Halsall's new book is a brainteaser. Given this strong reaction, and despite how much I loved the rest of the book, a three star rating is all I can give. If the book had ended shortly after these events took place, I’d have given it 5 stars and tagged it as highly recommended… but it didn’t. The final chapter shifts perspective, with the Villain briefly taking over the narrative, and all the unanswered questions are given answers. Now, ordinarily, this is exactly the kind of thing I want to happen. Knowing who did it isn’t enough; I want to know why, as well.

This book was so unpredictable and full of so many twists and turns, which has made it into a fab thriller. The further in you get you realise how clever the writing is, luring you into the complex web of family, friendships, lies, betrayal and so much more. They look like Ken and Barbie. Their faces are perfectly smooth and tanned. Their bodies are perfectly proportioned. Real people don’t look like that.” An intriguing, entertaining book with everyone being suspicious, you can not trust anyone and with great characters driving the plot, it all makes for a compelling read.Would make a brilliant Netflix series,it has all the ingredients needed and as always from this author written so well Just because it’s over between us, doesn’t mean we can’t be friends. My ex-husband and I still care for each other a lot, and we are determined to put our sweet little boy, Toby first. A couple is getting divorced. Both parties have amicably moved on in life and found other partners. Everyone involved seems to get along well. In fact, they all become close "friends". For the children's convenience, both couples agree to move and live next door to one another. (Yes, you read that right!) They all "think" this is a great idea. What could possibly happen?

But I can’t pretend it’s all in my head when a false accusation is made against me that could destroy my life – and Toby’s – forever. We’re like the bloody Four Musketeers aren’t we, in this new venture of ours. You, me, Carol and Rob. All for one and one for all.” I quite liked Jane, although I sometimes struggled to understand her decisions. She was smart and sharp and went through a good character arc. To be fair, many of the characters in this book were well developed and that kept me reading, as well as the twists the story provided. My Wife Next Door is a BBC sitcom created by Brian Clemens which was written by Richard Waring and was first broadcast in 1972 . It ran for 13 episodes and . Available in the National Library of Australia collection . Author: Cassill, R . V . (Ronald Verlin), 1919-; Format: Book; 160 p . ; 18 cm .The book has a perfect number of suspects that might be out to destroy her life. I sometimes felt like the story unfolded too rapidly, there was no time to catch up or let the anticipation build. First Jess is happy and thinks all is well, but after just one chapter it’s all going downhill so fast that it’s hard to keep up. The author creates a suspenseful plot where you realize that someone has a plan to destroy her family. There are many possible culprits, and Jess suspects everyone. When she sees bruises on her son, her paranoia increases. Her exhibitionism has served to arouse both my wife and me into some great sex. When my wife was in her twenties she experimented with having sex with some girls and is still attracted to females. We've discussed inviting her to our bed, but don't want the risk of causing marital problems for her. The result is an interesting rollercoaster as the reader is led along one path, then another, as the two tales of abuse and distress unwind. It becomes hard to identify victim and perpetrator, and nearly costs Jane her marriage as she tries to deal with the legacy time has left her. So many ways the story could have panned out and I have to say I was caught out many times (which was the author’s intent) and this kept me glued to the story until everything finally was revealed.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop