Practice Makes Perfect: A Novel

Practice Makes Perfect: A Novel

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

J.D. heard the beep, signaling the end of the message, and he hung up the phone. He thought about what Payton had said-not so much her apology, which was questionably mediocre at best-but something else. Sarah is my all time favorite comfort author, i absolutely adore every book of hers that i’ve read and this time was no different! i seriously cannot remember the last time i had this much fun with reading a book 🥹 On top of that, it was sweet, easy going with some profound moments, there’s fake dating involved but it’s not dragged out, and relatable mostly bc of the FMC (hello social anxiety/introvert rep) which Sarah conveyed in a humorous way and I definitely related to Annie on this front. Their love had so many tropes like strangers to friends to lovers, dating practice and slow-ish burn. Sarah completely understood the assignment. also while this book still remained closed door can we just talk about how insanely hot and tension filled this was?????

Amid steamy practice dates and strictly “educational” tutoring lessons, Annie discovers there are more layers to Will’s usual stoic attitude.

Christmas Gifts

The best thing about their love story is that they did everything not to hurt each other. There was no unnecessary angst or misunderstanding that made the characters miserable. Besides their physical attraction, their open communication and blooming friendship made me giddy! Especially seeing the presumed bad boy Will turning into a knight in shining armor, a caring, sweet lover boy, warmed my heart! I know I know, it's a pile of romantic fluff... But don't let the seemingly simple boring story line put you off. The characters are so well written and the tension is SO GOOD that you wont care that there is no murder, mystery or major life shattering dramas. This is a good old-fashioned, well written, AWESOME romance book! the dedication alone is everything: ”this one is for the softies. the tenderhearted sweeties. the introverts who are afraid to shine.” already sobbing 🥹🥹 its operation will be uninterrupted or error free. Neither McGraw-Hill nor its licensors shall be liable to you or anyone else for any inaccuracy, error or

Sarah writes books that truly make me smile. They're kind and hopeful, playful and feel-good. PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT was all of that in spades.' CHLOE LIESE accessed through the work. Under no circumstances shall McGraw-Hill and/or its licensors be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, punitive, conse- After she overhears her latest date say she is “so unbelievably boring,” Annie starts to think the problem might be her. James just shines when it comes to writing humorous situations & dialogue! And, yes, it's silly and over the top in instances, but I still laughed at the stuff these two did to each other while trying to win the partnership spot. Sure, there are a lot of misunderstandings that complicate matters and lead to problems that could have been easily avoided. And if this were a different book, I'd be the first one in line to angrily point out that all the drama was stupid, and that these two would never have acted so unprofessionally, etc., blah, blah, blah.i have to start this with my heart is actually SO fulfilled that we got such insanely good cameos of amelia, noah and all of my favorite people from when in rome. like god bless you sarah for that because i am still so obsessed with Amelia/Noah that i would read about them grocery shopping if she put it out into the world 😂 No one from the Human Resources Department is telling the Executive Committee they need to increase the percentage of white males they make partner. So we have to fend for ourselves by making sure we don’t give them any excuse not to promote us.” Other than that, I think they are sweet together. I appreciated the fact that they actually communicate about everything and I liked their banter. It seems to me, Annie, that you are just waiting for someone to give you permission to be yourself out loud”

I truly loved, loved, loved this! It is my second Julie James' book I read, but being my first fave of hers. The plot is sooo enjoyable and never get me bored! maybe because I love the plot about competition, playing game and revenge in general.. Not only are they in a competition for the only partnership position currently up for grabs, they are also assigned to woo a potential high profile client, who coincidentally is facing a class action gender discrimination lawsuit. The two have no choice but to handle it together and unfortunately, spend more time with each other. I’ve heard good things about Julie James from multiple sources, but right now I’m not looking forward to ever reading another novel of hers. Practice Makes Perfect was offensive, not to mention boring, and I am completely underwhelmed by this as a whole. Like I said, this book is a complete drag. The small town of Rome has the Gilmore Girls vibes - there are a lot of meddling side characters, there are no secrets and everyone is involved in your private life. Not my favourite thing usually, but I found it cute here. Some situations were a bit OTT, but still cute and fun. Reminded me a lot of small towns created by May Archer and Lucy Lennox.It was deliciously romantic. Kind of like watching a 90s rom-com but with still it having the magic of being a book.' ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ Maybe this story would have worked if it had been a YA book, but for a romance book dealing with 30+ adults, it just didn't. Something About You and A Lot Like Love are two of my favorite contemporary romances and overall reads so far this year and made me an avid Julie James fan. This turned me into an outright rabid, crazed groupie who wants to follow Ms. James around like a puppy, fetch her lattes, shine her Jimmy Choos, and bond with her over martinis. Seriously, she writes some of the snappiest, most intelligently witty dialogue and snarkily clever lines, best laugh out loud scenes, funniest quips, sexiest banter, and hottest hate/love, push/pull tension in romance. Her books read like a favorite romantic comedy movie or TV show rerun that I love watching over and over again. It seems to me, Annie, that you are just waiting for someone to give you permission to be yourself out loud.”

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop