FREE Shipping

BZRK

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

I love how in the middle of it all the good guys were losing and questioning whether they could don the White Hat? Bad guys were leading and then BAM! Tables turn, guns ablazing, things explode, characters die. Cover/Title: To be honest, it was the author who caught my attention with this one, not any cover or title. And really, there isn’t anything particularly attractive about its cover. It’s very simple and to the point. It’s inside you find the real gold. BZRK's central concept lies in nanotechnology and there are gamer like wars "down in the meat" where losing means losing your mind. I will admit that for the first few chapters I loved reading the book but I wasn't entirely sure what was going. I could tell you the events and plot but asking me to sum it up or work out how it tied together seemed impossible at first. It didn't stay like that though and Grant's writing was strong enough that even when I was unsure I still needed to carry on, not out of obligation but captivation. In the other corner, you have a group of kids in their teens and twenties running genetically-linked biots. They are similar to nanobots but when they die, they drag their "owners" into insanity. These people make up BZRK and Lear is the mysterious force that runs the whole thing. But don't let the title of this book fool you. They can well be the bad guys in this story. Writing a review for BZRK has been challenging as there is so much I don't want to spoil for you and it is such a different book. It's plot feels original, exciting and intelligent and I found it an unpatronising read that never talked down to the reader. Summing up my own feelings about it was difficult as the book was a roller coaster read; an enjoyable roller coaster too!

They believe humans should retain their free will. The war goes on – not in a battlefield – but inside the minds of ignorant humans (“down in the meat” as they say) with the help of the most powerful armies: nanobots. Now, this is my first Michael Grant book (never read his Gone series, though I have been told I should loads of time in the past), I don’t know what my reaction would be. And, I hate to say, I’m a bit “muh” over it. I didn’t love it, but I didn’t hate it. I’m just in the middle, not sure with myself if I like or not. In the 59 years since his birth on July 26, 1954, Author Michael Grant has written 150 books, many of which are co-authored with his wife, K. A. Applegate. Moving was a constant in Michael’s young life throughout his school age years. After being born in California into a military family, Michael was raised all over the United States and various places in Europe. All of these moves caused him to have to attend 10 different schools in five states just in America. While in Europe he attended three French schools, one in Italy and yet another in the Azores. After living in 14 different states and having nearly 50 places he has called home Michael currently resides in Tiburon, California, with his wife, their two children and way too many animals. Why Write? Both Sadie and Noah agree to a training program – thus pushing them onto ‘the battlefield’ with BZRK. By agreeing to enter into the battle that took Noah’s brother, and Sadie’s family away, they are leaving their old lives behind – no longer are they Sadie and Noah – they are now Keats and Plath. This sequel, however, was similar to an English homework reading assignment. It seems as if it took me ages to read, and I kept putting it off in lieu of television or other books I was also reading. Procrastination at its finest.Vincent sent both his biots, half-crippled, but not dead just yet, no definitely not dead, straight into the confused mass of nanobots, plowed bodily into them with all the speed they could manage and kept thrashing ahead, dragging the microphages with them, scraping them off in the tangle of thrashing titanium. Set in the near future, BZRK is the story of a war for control of the human mind. Charles and Benjamin Armstrong, conjoined twins and owners of the Armstrong Fancy Gifts Corporation, have a goal: to turn the world into their vision of utopia. No wars, no conflict, no hunger. And no free will. Opposing them is a guerrilla group of teens, code name BZRK, who are fighting to protect the right to be messed up, to be human. This is no ordinary war, though. Weapons are deployed on the nano-level. The battleground is the human brain. And there are no stalemates here: It’s victory . . . or madness. If the bacteria were frightening, other things were startlingly beautiful - crystals of unknown provenance, bubbles of soap that turned the ring of light into a rainbow, fantastic sculptures of debris trapped in balls of hair The genius of Grant’s ‘BZRK’ series lies in the nanorobotics. I admit, for a little while, I was reading ‘BZRK’ thinking what a wonderful imagination Michael Grant had. And then I got a sinking feeling in my gut. I searched Wikipedia (a scary thought in itself – since in the novel, Wikipedia is used to pass secret coded messages) and found that nanorobotics are entirel

The BZRK team is constantly fighting a battle with the ACFG on both the nano and macro levels. Their constant strategizing and manipulation is having an effect on things and yet they are not bringing any attention to themselves. From working in safe houses to floating civilizations, neither side is gaining too much headway. In the end, neither side comes out as the victor. As I have "seen" some things while reading Michael Grant's new title, I'd like to share them with you. . .if only in an effort to absolve myself of some of the horrors. Fourteen year old Sam Templeton is having a completely normal day until his teacher disappears - poof! - in the middle of a class. He and his confused classmates soon discover that it isn't only their teacher who is gone - everyone over the age of fifteen has inexplicably disappeared from the small town of Perdido Beach, which has been isolated from the rest of the world by a mysterious forcefield. I'm starting to wonder if I have the same condition Victor has, and am unable to experience pleasure. Because despite the fact that this book has everything (or what is generally considered everything - cars, money, explosions, government conspiracy, politics, and evil deformed twin creatures) for some reason, I can't push it over to 4-5 star territory. Sexual actions take place to include the president showering with her husband; not tender sexual acts ( not upsetting, just a little surprising) and how the women are describedSome of the characters from the first book such as One-Up who would have made a good villain have been written out, along with the BZRK spy in AFGC who I thought would have a bigger role in the book.

This was a seriously creepy book, but in the best possible way. Certainly not for the squeamish, though. It has its share of blood and gore, as his books are wont to do, but the majority of the creep factor comes from how much exacting detail is put into the descriptions of human bodies on the microscopic level. GlycerPump is a patented form of glycerol powder. Glycerol powder assists with hydration and allows the body to absorb more water than it usually would. This helps stave off dehydration and can have mild improvements on endurance. NeuroFactor Whole Coffee Fruit Concentrate is a patented product from the whole fruit of the coffee plant, Coffea arabica. One dose of 100 mg of WCFC increased serum BDNF by 54% and exosomal BDNF by 206%. BDNF, Brain-Derived Nootropic Factor, is essential for learning, memory, alertness, mood, controlling body weight, and controlling energy metabolism ( Scientific Research Open Access). Huperzine-A (1%) Enter the world of Michael Grant's BZRK. This is a book that you simply have to read to really get a sense of how exciting, how speculative, and how haunting Grant's vision really is here.The gray areas of good and evil on both sides- I didn’t really want to cheer on for the “good” team because they felt just as bad and controlling as the villains What was a good premise in BZRK had been completely dumped to make way for POINTLESS new story arcs featuring a shipload of POINTLESS new characters that are so underdeveloped you couldn't care less when Michael Grant kills them off. The whole Doll Ship story arc came completely out of nowhere and had so little to do with the first book, it makes you wonder whether Reloaded is in the same series as BZRK at all.

Weintraub, Steve (October 4, 2021). "Keanu Reeves, Matt Kindt, and Ron Garney Discuss Their Comic Series 'BRZRKR' and Reveal Who's Writing the Live-Action Netflix Movie". Collider . Retrieved February 22, 2022. Reeves told me that Mattson Tomlin (writer of Project Power and one of the writers on The Batman) has been hired to write the live-action movie and it's in the early stages of development.There's still a lot to be answered, but like my experience with Michael Grant's previous books I'm certain they'll be answered in book three. I am 100% certain that I won't be disappointed. I am 1000% certain that Michael Grant will kill me a 9th time. The biots erupted through the platoons of nanobots that now added the goo of microphages to their difficulty unraveling themselves. Vesměs si vůbec nejsem jistá, jak tuto knihu popsat. Na jednu stranu se přikláním k výbornému nápadu, Michael Grant to musel mít v hlavě pěkně zmáklé a srovnané, musel toho určitě spoustu nastudovat, aby mohl věrohodně vyprávět. Na druhou stranu tento nápad nebyl vůbec dobře využit (v mých očích). Některé pasáže mi přišly nechutné, je zde spousta násilí, která mi prostě nikdy nebylo blízké (víte jak to myslím, jistě, že není normální zabíjet lidi, ale tady je toho prostě moc). Na začátku knihy mi rodinná tragédie přišla "zajímavá", tedy zajímavá pro knihu a to, jakým směrem by se mohl příběh ubírat. Bohužel. Všechno to chytlo špatný, pro mne nevyhovující směr. It's so easy for teenagers and young adults to get hooked on Michael Grant's fantastic dystopian book series Gone,but which other stories could possibly grip them as much? We have some ideas and we want your recommendations too... BZRK se neodehrává na jednom místě. Ze začátku je to Anglie až poté Amerika. Občas se i stává, že se podíváte do historie postav, nebo o nich odhalíte pravdu. Předesílám, že se nemusíte bát zdlouhavých popisů. Autor se spíše zaměřuje na osoby a děj a tím se příběh lépe čte a stránky ubíhají mrknutím oka. Každá postava je v ději nepostradatelná. Některé umřou, některé přeběhnou. Nikdy nevíte, čím budete zaskočeni. Jak už tohle celé napovídá, rozhodně nemůžete očekávat poklidnou četbu. Anotace nám říká, že se jedná o nervy drásající thriller plný zvratů a osudů postav a ti co četli tuto knihu mohou souhlasit. Krev, urážlivá slovíčka a smrt není pro Granta žádná překážka a setkáte se s nimi ještě dosti, než se dostanete ke konci.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop