If In Doubt, Wash Your Hair: A Manual for Life

If In Doubt, Wash Your Hair: A Manual for Life

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Constantly making sacrifices might allow kids to have things but if you're miserable from constantly sacrificing then the kids won't be happy as they want happy parents more than "things" Don't stres about the nitty-gritty details/documentation. Entrepreneurs are more doers than reading through tons of small print (hat's what you hire lawyers etc for).

We are experiencing delays with deliveries to many countries, but in most cases local services have now resumed. For more details, please consult the latest information provided by Royal Mail's International Incident Bulletin. With a party off-limits, Hindmarch is celebrating her book launch with a popup wash-and-blow-dry bar. “I saw a photo of a woman sitting under one of those old-fashioned salon dryers, with the sun on her face, drinking a cup of coffee. And I thought – after the year we’ve had, that’s where I want to be.” Before too long, touch wood, parties might happen again. But still, I might stay in and wash my hair. Really enjoyed this brilliant, inspiring and empowering book!! Anya Hindmarch is a world famous businesswoman, entrepreneur, CEO, and a mother to five children (3 of whom are her step children who she's looked after since they were small). In the early 2000s, she created an it bag that everyone had to have, known as the "I'm Not a Plastic Bag" bag. I remember even my mum had one! In her introduction to the 2021 book, If in Doubt, Wash Your Hair , author Anya Hindmarch writes about how someone once said to her that until the age of 50, one is in the process of learning but from then onwards, it's time to teach. On reaching this halfway mark, the London-based entrepreneur then drives this advice home with her latest book in which she recounts some of her most valuable learnings as a mother, stepmother and globally renowned businesswoman. From describing her foray into making luxury handbags to growing her small business into a huge brand, Hindmarch talks about the challenges along the way, some of the more unsettling lessons and other carefully thought out decisions that helped her forge her own path as a businesswoman. As a woman in business I found her story and experience enlightening. Anya shares her challenges and her high points and I totally agree with her thoughts on being a woman in a male dominated industry.To all my fellow start up fashion entrepreneurs, buy this and read time and time again as you journey evolves through this ever changing landscape It felt like her book was written for me, she covers all topics from running a business to having a family, and how she balances it all (with help!). I love how open and honest she is about her experiences and Mum guilt (I’m sure all Mums have this at some point, I know I have). She shares her journey in life an in business, and you really feel like you get to know her and what drives her.

If I am part of a 'transition generation' in which we women are trying to live up to our mothers' examples, despite now often working as hard as our fathers did; likewise men are often subconsciously following the patterns set by their fathers.'

Reviews

Anya reflects on her ambitions for her children and concludes: "If you just love your children to bits and make them feel incredible and confident then that's the greatest gift you can give them" Such a powerful statement as we often feel we need to provide criticism to help progress, but forget each of us have our own inner critic that's doing a great job at that already. What we need is love and encouragement. Ties between India and Canada have been strained after Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau made allegations of Indian involvement in the murder of Khalistani terrorist Hardeep Singh Nijjar on Canadian soil earlier this year. Nijjar was shot dead outside Gurdwara in Canada's Surrey on June 18. Having reached this halfway mark, I thought I would put my fears to one side and share – as a mother to a daughter, as a friend to a friend – what I have learnt, what I worry about, what I think (rightly or wrongly) and the advice I have gathered, borrowed and stolen along the way. This advice covers thoughts on being a woman, a mother, a stepmother, a wife, a woman in business and an entrepreneur, and on dealing with the challenges that come with trying to keep them all going at the same time. I give it openly and, I hope, kindly. Even though she covers mental health, daily routine and lifestyle, love and friendship, society, work and pretty much everything else in between - I personally enjoyed the parenting section and parts of the book perhaps the most. It's probably due to the fact that I really want to have kids someday. And also that I constantly worry how I don't mess up at parenting because I not only realise how important a role of a parent is + how the kind of relationship you build with them growing up is going to determine the kind of relationship they have with you when you are old.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop