Game Change: Obama and the Clintons, McCain and Palin, and the Race of a Lifetime

£9.9
FREE Shipping

Game Change: Obama and the Clintons, McCain and Palin, and the Race of a Lifetime

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

The replacement must do four things: excite the conservative base, win the vote of independents, distance the campaign from the Bush administration, and close the "gender gap" – the GOP's 20-point deficit with women. This book was entirely familiar to me, and yet it gave a behind the scenes peek into what was NOT in the story. Clinton was also against running because when she was running for senator, she made the voters the promise that she would complete her full senate term. David Hinckley of The New York Daily News wrote, "Julianne Moore’s physical Palin in Game Change, which debuts March 10, is even more dead-on than Tina Fey's. I think I understand the point that Monninger was making with the ending, but I will not lie, I kept swiping on my Kindle, looking for more.

Game Change by Joseph Monninger | Goodreads Game Change by Joseph Monninger | Goodreads

On Zeb's football team, the main attraction, the highlight reel, their star qb who lead their team to an undefeated season, had a nasty injury which changed the course of their season in an instant.I feel so bad for DNFing books but why should I keep reading if the first few chapters don't interest me? The authors focus on defining, building, and creating organization wide adoption of cultural beliefs as the means to change the culture. I've been trying to find a football book similar in feel to FNL for years and this is the closest I've come. y'see, when obama was new to the senate, mccain saw star quality and approached Barry with the offer to co-sponsor a bill and create some bipartisan goodwill. The book deals with the expectations of main character Zeb for himself and his future, as well as those of his family, friends, classmates, teammates, fellow townsfolk, and others when Zeb suddenly has everyone's hopes riding on his unprepared shoulders.

Game Change (film) - Wikipedia Game Change (film) - Wikipedia

The book also detailed an hour-long meeting between Hillary Clinton and pollster Mark Penn, during which Clinton accused Obama of "playing the race card" and importing people into Iowa to improve his chances at the caucus. Similar to what I said in my review of The OZ Principle, there are lots of books written on this topic, but few will offer the value this one does.

Heilemann and Halperin wrote in Game Change that Clinton had considered entering the 2004 presidential race, and that polls indicated her odds were encouraging. Part 1 (fourteen chapters) is about the Democratic primary race between Obama and Clinton as well as the Edwards affair. Instead, it drones on for over 200 pages using algebraic equation-like style to convey current state and desired state as if that makes it more mysterious or impressive (C1 to C2, R1 to R2, B1 to B2, etc. T. Munroe gets injured a week before the state championship football game, the position of starting quarterback falls to second-stringer Zeb Holloway.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop