Mayhem in the Library: Jigsaw Puzzle with 101 Hidden Book Titles to Discover, for Book Lovers and Readers

£7.495
FREE Shipping

Mayhem in the Library: Jigsaw Puzzle with 101 Hidden Book Titles to Discover, for Book Lovers and Readers

RRP: £14.99
Price: £7.495
£7.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

With 1000 pieces it’s a difficult puzzle to build but the challenge has only just begun once you slot the last piece into place. Now you’ve got to solve all 101 movie riddles. The most important thing in Mayhem in the Library is the image. This offers you all the clues you need to work out what the hidden 101 books are. Wow, are some of these really inventive. I want to share just one of these with you. I promise this is not going to spoil your enjoyment of the rest of the jigsaw but it will give you a taste of what is to come. This is a picture of a donkey wearing a red saddle bearing the letters OTE on it. Do you get it? Donkey-OTE, Don Quixote! It is brilliant! NOT JUST FOR BOOK WORMS: It’s filled with classic books that everyone’s heard of, making it the perfect gift for book lovers and readers. That’s Christmas sorted then! The puzzle doesn't end once it's built, next you need to spot as many hidden artists and movie references as possible! Were tension levels running high while making this? Absolutely but it was totally worth it. 1000 pieces is always a tough job when you’re working collaboratively but once we got a system going, we smashed through it.

Plus it’s a great slow burn. We couldn’t solve all the riddles in one session. But were able to dip in and out of it whenever one or more of us had a few moments and a desire to find one more of those books! As such, it stayed on the puzzle board a lot longer than most, and I’m tempted to keep it and frame it as really is a brilliant piece of art underneath all the riddling fun! Final Thoughts The components here consist of the puzzle pieces, the picture itself and also the quiz sheet where you write your answers. So first up, the puzzle pieces. These are relatively chunky cardboard with lovely clean edges. The most important thing in a jigsaw to my mind is how easy they are to put together. This gets an A* from me, there were no accidental placements and it was relatively easy to distinguish the shape you were looking for.

We had a great time with this puzzle. If you love games and puzzles like we do, I’d recommend Mayhem in the Library and the others in the series. I can’t say which is my favourite as they are all slightly different. But, with a memory as bad as mine, I know I’ll happily piece and puzzle my way through it again at some point! There are over 100 literary masterpieces, hiding away inside this high quality 1000 piece movie jigsaw puzzle for adults. Think you can spot them all? Jigsaws that have an extra layer of puzzliness are real hits in our house. Again, like the others in the series, they’re designed for an older crowd that our 8 year old, but he is a fiend at the piecing together stage. Plus, the way his fresh mind and imagination works, he was able to “see” things that us older puzzlers missed or disregarded. As such and as a family, we had a great time solving this together. This bundle includes three 1000 pieces jigsaw puzzles,Day at the Festival, Night at the Movies and Mayhem at the Library. I think the main thing that sets this puzzle apart from others is the quiz game aspect of looking at the clues and finding all the books. That part isn’t really particularly replayable, unless you have a terrible memory. But I really enjoyed doing this jigsaw and I think I’d enjoy it again, although I have a few book-worm pals who will absolutely love to get themselves knee deep in this one, so I will pass on the love. Round Up

Each riddle is the name of a famous book. A Lion and a Witch coming out of a wardrobe? Definitely the Chronicles of Narnia! It comes from Big Potato games who generally make board games. This is a little side adventure for them too. This is a quiz and a puzzle in one. This is the third in the series from Big Potato Games following Night at the Movies and Day at the Festival. As you build up the picture then you will see clues pointing you to 101 different books. These vary from the typical children’s stories to the classics. Some are far easier to guess than others, but before you can do any of this, you need to put the puzzle together. I decided to challenge myself and complete this in one sitting, a noble task which I did achieve after 5 hours but that was a big effort. ComponentsIt's always an excellent service with brilliant products at a very competitive price - will use again! With 1000 pieces it’s a difficult puzzle to build but the challenge has only just begun once you slot the last piece into place. Now you’ve got to solve all 101 music-based riddles. My only negative is that we don’t have tons of space so had to do the puzzle and take it apart on the same day. By the time we finished putting it together we were so tired that we barely had stamina left to figure out the movies. Also would be good if there were two sheets - one with the code and list and then one with the colour image. Flipping between the two sides made it a bit cumbersome because it was hard to see the design on the puzzle to figure out the movies, so we needed to reference the sheet.

SOLVE THE RIDDLES WHILE YOU BUILD: Each riddle is the name of a famous book. A Lion and a Witch coming out of a wardrobe? Definitely the Chronicles of Narnia!A gift for us that kept the whole family busy for days, age 8 to 50. Beautifully designed (with the list and numbering system, and no cheat sheet to tempt you!) It feels like more of a game than a puzzle. Once the pieces are all assembled, there are still things to do.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop