Liar: A gripping psychological thriller with a shocking twist

Liar: A gripping psychological thriller with a shocking twist

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

I can see from the low Goodreads rating that Liar is a fairly polarizing book; though everyone I've talked to loves it, I can easily see how it could be too frustrating to be a satisfying reading experience. All these movies work in such a way because the climax, the big surprise or twist ending is very masterful in its telling. What I learned: Strong writing, impressive setting, and an intriguing premise will get someone to read your book.

Top 10 books about lies and liars | George Orwell | The Guardian

It is cleverly constructed and structured, but the constantly-interrupted flow of the narration makes you feel like you're watching an hour-long ad break, or one of those modern music videos where they don't stay on a shot for longer than a second or two, making it hard to tell what you're even looking at. I think I understood enough, reading between the lines of Micah's account, to figure where she ended up, but I imagine if there are people who are looking for something saying "this is what actually happened" - you're not going to get it in clear cut terms.But even is Micah swears what she’s saying now is true, how can you ever completely believe a compulsive liar? She comes to a few conclusions about herself and those around her, where she is sick of the lies and even though it sounds cliché, wants the truth to set her free. When Micah announces the big reveal, as to who she is and why she lies, I felt like I was fooled and deceived and not in the way I was expecting. Only the good stuff," he tells her and the strongest recollections of the narrative focus on the physical intimacies Micah shares with others while situations dealing with darker aspects (the specifications of Zach's death, how her brother died and how "they don't like to talk about it") are glossed over.

Liar by Lesley Pearse | Waterstones

I think I know why this book provides such a wide divide between people who love it and people who didn't - it depends upon what you take from it. Because Micah Wilkins, a pathological liar is the protagonist in this story and everything is from her point of view, the questions arise if anything she tells the reader is truth or lies on top of more lies from a very sick and delusional girl. She's nothing more than a whiny, self-absorbed brat with serious mental issues who lies constantly for the fun of it, blames all her problems on other people, and saw nothing wrong with (possibly- she keeps changing her story) sleeping with a raging jackass who obviously only pretended to care about her.

The filthy white boy is her alter ego, stuck at age twelve, the age at which she killed her brother. I guess you can say Liar is a great study into the mind of a disturbing individual, but that is all. The major characters are pretty strong - Micah, Zack, Sarah, even Brandon, though I felt the minor characters to be insubstantial. I've never read a book with an unreliable narrator quite as fascinating as Micah was, considering her account of events kept me on my toes from beginning to end.

Liar Liar: The new, most gripping psychological crime Liar Liar: The new, most gripping psychological crime

The opposite is true, if anything, besides the fact that there are so many young readers out there from all manner of backgrounds, who feel decidedly under-represented in the literary world. Christianity alone has at least 450 totally different versions (50 different versions just in English).If you can, and this book sounds interesting to you, then try to go into it knowing as little as possible -- just knowing that Micah is a liar (not a spoiler: it's in the title). Um, let me get this straight, you decided to sit down and read a book about a pathological liar and that is the only psychological problem you could pinpoint? I picked this up thinking it was going to be some great physiological thing, and all I got was a sloppy supernatural teen novel. I kept myself at an arms length through most of the story, not getting too attached to any particular thread knowing the unreliable narration of the leading character.

Liar, Liar by Lisa Jackson | Goodreads Liar, Liar by Lisa Jackson | Goodreads

when I first finished this book, I scratched my head a little and thought I *had* it, but I wasn't totally satisfied, and then I thought about it some more, and then the explosion, and I wanted to reread it at once.The blurb didn't entice me, and because of the nature of the story all the reviewers are keeping quiet about what the story's really about. She doesn’t wear makeup, wears baggy clothes and because of that, in the first few days of freshman year she is mistaken for a boy from her English teacher. Looking at the story as a whole and picking up clues here and there, I think the idea of Micah having a mental illness fits. People tell you the truth all the time, and you believe them; and if, at some later point, you’re confronted with evidence that a story you believed was indeed true, you never question why you believed it in the first place.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop