Garmin 010-11092-00 Foot Pod for Garmin Forerunner Sports Watch - Black

Garmin 010-11092-00 Foot Pod for Garmin Forerunner Sports Watch - Black

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

A: At the moment there’s only a few hard to get Android phones that support ANT+ natively, so support will look much better in Feb 2011. I currently have one pair of shoes and a foot pod named OUTSIDE that I use exclusively outdoors. I have a second pair of shoes and a second footpod named TREADMILL that I only use indoors. You set your preferences and calibration factors for each foot pod independently. This way, when my f3 sees the OUTSIDE foot pod it defaults to Speed Always, Distance Indoor, and the asphalt calibration factor. If it sees the TREADMILL foot pod, it defaults to Indoor for both speed and distance and uses the calibration factor for that foot pod as well. In short, this seems to be working exactly as I hoped it would.

Among the first things that individuals like regarding the S1 Foot Pod is its accuracy. Also, without calibration, the footpod is reasonably accurate. The accuracy goes up to 99% when properly adjusted. It offers outcomes exceptionally near to that of a GPS receiver.

Stryd Exit Strategy

This means we now have a tool that can help us run smarter, for example, running at a consistent effort over hilly courses. It can also help us see more instantly whether we’re hitting the right workrate in training sessions. Whereas heart rate suffers a lag, power responds in real time making it easier to hit the sweet spot on intervals sessions. Of course, for data junkies like myself (and many of you) that means that the GPS signal on your various fitness devices is no longer able to record all the information you’re likely accustomed to – such as pace and distance. But don’t worry, there’s a solution that can help you get all that information, despite your treadmill-bound workouts.

The fact that the f3 recorded 1,000 feet of movement during the 10 minutes that I was stationary on the treadmill does indicate a degraded GPS signal and I would have hoped that, in that set of conditions (weak GPS signal, foot pod enabled and present, foot pod pace 10:00, cadence 162, GPS speed 1.14 mph [52:38 pace]) would have been enough to trigger a failover but it was not. Perhaps the f3 has no failover capability at all but until I can rob it of even a weak GPS signal in the middle of a run, I won’t know for sure. You can use the foot pod to record pace and distance but not heart rate. But you can use your connected smartwatch to monitor heart rate. After Upload the data on Garmin connect, the data remained in m/sec instead to be convert in min /km. I’ve found again and again that the latest generation of foot pods are incredibly accurate. Last winter I put together a review of the FR60 – which is an ANT+ watch that doesn’t have GPS. As such, it depends on the Garmin ANT+ foot pod. After doing calibration I did many runs side by side with it’s GPS-enabled brethren, the FR310XT.I theorize that these results will likely vary considerably from one individual to the next. I am both old and inexperienced. My 20% speed increase from 5 to 6 mph was accomplished with a less than 1% increase in cadence and 19% increase in stride length. I am guessing this is not an optimal combination. Price- Footpods can be rather pricey. However, the quality of the devices and why you need to use it should give you the reason to buy. FAQs I finally got my fenix3 and a second foot pod so I can answer a few of my own questions as well as Herve’s.

A: Technically, yes – but it’s unclear how long the foot pod would last over time at the end of a paddle. There’s also some potential workaround discussed at the end of this thread. The Suunto Foot POD Mini shows you the rate and also the distance in any type of setting. Whether you are running/cycling outside or indoors on a treadmill or spin bikes, there is absolutely nothing you will miss out on from this sensor. It uses the most effective way to watch on just how much you have actually progressed.

Installing the Foot Pod to Your Shoelaces:

Next I incremented the manual calibration by 50 and repeated. I kept doing this until I I got to a Calibration factor of 1200. Then I did a few more things. Perhaps most importantly though, and the thing we liked best about Stryd, was that it can help us improve our race pacing and stop us going out too fast, running hills too hard during races and helping us to run our true potential by keeping us moving just under that threshold line. And that means no blowing up at mile 20.

Stryd hardware is very much only part of the story. As mentioned earlier it is people like Ruby Zambrano who have been able to take the hardware dreamed up in the research labs of Boulder, Colorado, and create training plans to harness the data Compatibility: Works a wide range of brands, devices and running platforms including Apple Watch, Polar, Suunto, Garmin, Zwift, TrainingPeaks and Strava. A: Yes and no. In general, they all work just fine. It’s simply that the newer ones have a longer battery life and are smaller, while the older ones are cheaper (albeit harder to find now). They all are ANT+, and they all work with all devices. And, they all have cadence and speed/distance.

All Replies

Post-run you can also dig into a range of other running form metrics such as, cadence, leg spring stiffness and running form power. Alongside that Stryd will assess the stress load of your run, a stat that can be used to monitor overall training load. Stryd is a small shoe-worn pod that clips effortlessly onto your shoe laces a bit like a marathon race-timing chip. Inside the lightweight, 10g carbon-fibre enhanced pod are sensors that measure the acceleration of your foot horizontally, vertically and laterally as it strikes the ground. This information is crunched by a clever algorithm and used to provide your running power, in watts. Will it also transmit power? It looks like it might NOT as I do NOT see any kind of barometer hole on it, although Garmin would probably get that BARO info from onboard sensors in their higher-end watches and the power algorithms would need that to properly calculate ‘power’. Thus this pod mightonly be a power meter for the more expensive GARMINwatches and just a simple footpod for speed/cadence/distance for cheaper ANT+ watches and other BLE watches/apps (eg forerunner 235, Polar Vantage, Suunto odd-number) In the world according to Garmin, SPEED (whether shown as mph, kph, or minutes per mile or kilometer) is like the speedometer in your car. It tells you how fast you are traveling at any given point in time and has nothing to do with distance traveled. DISTANCE is how far you went and has no direct relationship to speed. It is like the odometer in your car. If you travel 100km at 10kph or 100kph does not matter you still traveled 100km. You can derive average speed from distance divided by time but that tells you nothing at all about how fast you were traveling at any particular point in time along the way. I was expecting the watch to adjust the calibration factor, but it didn’t. So I uploaded the data to my iPhone running Garmin Connect, still nothing. Then I pulled out the laptop, still nothing! The cal factor is still set to 100.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop