The Wim Hof Method: Activate Your Full Human Potential

The Wim Hof Method: Activate Your Full Human Potential

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

The author believes that we should all experience happiness, strength, and health. One way of helping individuals achieve this is shining light on human consciousness, potential, and “the truth of nature.” One of the greatest benefits of practicing the method is the incredible effect it has on one’s athletic performance. Present within the cells of all forms of life is a chemical called adenosine triphosphate (ATP), which provides the energy to drive many biological processes, including, in humans, muscle contraction. Aerobic dissimilation creates about thirty times more ATP molecules than are created when there is no oxygen. Just breathe and feel the difference. It's simply written, pragmatic, and esoterical as Wim Hof shares his mindset. I love this combination. :D If you are looking to start or add more meditation and mindfulness into your life, the Wim Hof Method can help you with that. The breathwork and cold exposure both have the effect of raising awareness and stillness. In the book, Wim also guides you on practices for meditation and mindset.

If you can say yes to freezing water each day, it may help you say yes to an all-nighter in the office to get a project done. 6 ACTIONS YOU SHOULD TAKE We have lost our innate ability not only to survive but to thrive in extreme environments. In the absence of environmental stress, the things we have built to make our lives easier have actually made us weaker. Mind – You could also call this pillar the power of the mind. It includes the idea of will and the power to imagine, to meditate, to visualize — the power to send your attention to any part of your body, to observe any bodily process.I truly believe this book could become a great one, helping to popularize Wim's method, but it requires some serious work from a good editor. Some chapters feel like an exact repetition of many other ones. The fact that Wim, too, admits it to the reader does NOT help. It only made me more irritated, to be honest. Simply making this book a bit shorter (to avoid the constant repetitions) would make it way better. Also, please fix the chaos in the narration. This work really needs a better-organized narrative. The 'Iceman' Wim Hof shares his remarkable life story and powerful method for supercharging your strength, health and happiness. When it comes to the breathing... its really profound, and some of the things he has claimed are world changing if they can be duplicated by us common mortals. I believe in it (due to a book I read last year called "Breath: The New Science of a Lost Art" by James Nestor), and I believe that breathing the right way, and consciously breathing will be a boon for my health, and future in this very bleak world. (yeah I said that).

Wim Hoff is quite the enigma. I have no doubt that he is quite insane and also quite brilliant. It is clear to me that the two walk hand in hand.Now my turn, here goes … Jesus! I feel the air rushing from my lungs and body tightening up, recoiling, saying: “What the actual …” But I am actually in. Wim Hof's program has become an essential part of my daily regimen for self-care and grounding. I warmly recommend it Dr Gabor Maté, author of When the Body Says No The writing isn't perfect but it is steeped in character. With an open mind, you can enjoy this book and learn about an alternative method to well being. On reflection, "the mission" Wim is on, is to bring spirituality (and it's associated wellbeing) into a form that everyday people can access easily and benefit from. The best part about this breathwork is how immediate you start to feel the benefits. When you practice the standard Wim Hof Method, you’ll feel it throughout your body within several minutes. Personally, I feel awake and energized after a few rounds. It takes away all my morning grogginess.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop