William Morris At Home Bergamot & Vetiver Scented Candle | 40 Hour Burn Time | Infused With Essential Oils | Cruelty Free & Vegan Friendly | 180g

£9.9
FREE Shipping

William Morris At Home Bergamot & Vetiver Scented Candle | 40 Hour Burn Time | Infused With Essential Oils | Cruelty Free & Vegan Friendly | 180g

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Designed exclusively for Barnardo's,the William Morris Golden Lily glass candle plate is a beautiful and functional accessory that will enhance the ambiance of any room. This candle plate features the iconic Golden Lily pattern, a beautiful and intricate design that is inspired by the Arts and Crafts movement. This ‘hidden army’ of young carers, some as young as 5 years old, help their parents, siblings and other family members cope with physical illness and disabilities, or addiction and mental health issues, often leaving them with little or no free time for themselves. Barnardo’s helped me to believe in myself. I started to understand that I can have a life, I don’t need to be home 24/7. I’m part of the Young Carers Council now, and I feel part of something. Before, I didn’t feel like I belonged anywhere.” Aniyah, 13, young carer. Crafted from high-quality glass, this candle plate is both durable and stylish. Its elegant design and classic appeal make it a perfect decorative piece that will add a touch of sophistication to any house. The candle plate is perfect for holding your favourite scented candles, creating a warm and inviting atmosphere in any space. That’s a lot to take on as a child, and young carers are often isolated from friends, miss school, and feel that they are trapped in a hopeless situation. Aniyah was referred to Barnardo’s by a health worker following a home visit, after discovering that he had been providing over 20 hours per week of care for her mother and younger brother since the age of 10.

According to research by the University of Nottingham and the BBC in 2010, it’s estimated that there are over 700,000 young carers in the UK, and 1 in 12 schoolchildren have some kind of caring responsibility for one or more member of their family.One of Barnardo’s local children’s service centres was able to give her a break from caring by helping her to get more support from local health services. She started visiting a drop in centre, where she met other children who had similar responsibilities, and was able to take part in day trips and outings organised by the centre. For the first time in over 3 years Aniyah could enjoy being a child again. The William Morris Golden Lily glass candle plate is perfect for use in any room of your home, from the living room to the bedroom. Its versatile design and timeless style make it a perfect gift for anyone who loves the beauty and elegance of William Morris's designs.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop