Finlay Donovan Is Killing It: the most hilarious murder-mystery heroine of all time! (The Finlay Donovan Series Book 1)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

Finlay Donovan Is Killing It: the most hilarious murder-mystery heroine of all time! (The Finlay Donovan Series Book 1)

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Perhaps it's just that I found some of her story to be too improbable however I liked the writing and the cliffhanger at the end. As soon as I heard that I wasn’t the only woman BANNED from Panera Bread, I knew I had to read this book! I really enjoyed the start of this book and it had me hooked to find out what happened next - mainly because I felt a connection with Finlay, the main character. I hope everything’s okay,” I said sweetly, in case she’d been crushed to death in a car accident or burned alive in a house fire overnight. A bartender from the night it all begins who seems to be just what she needs and knows just what she needs.

Elle Cosimano displays an assured light touch and deft humour in the first of her Finlay Donovan crime series. Finlay Donovan is Killing It was a refreshing take on the mystery/suspense genres and a really fun read that I think anyone will enjoy. I don’t like the TV series Good Girls, either, where middle-class moms get involved in madcap crimes.Delia cried big snotty tears as Zachary rubbed toaster waffles in his hair and gawked at her from his high chair.

She finally makes it to Panera for her meeting with Sylvia and describes the murder plot of her book over lunch. She might be able to focus on her writing again, rather than worrying about how to make her life work.Granted, I didn’t stop reading it, so it wasn’t absolutely terrible in my mind, but I can see how other people would enjoy. My scissors were buried under a pile of dirty breakfast dishes, so I drew a knife from the block on the counter instead. An unlikely eavesdropper, Patricia, mistakes the mention of the large cash advance during the discussion as a bounty. I knew from the first chapter this book would have the perfect blend of silliness, mystery, romance, action, and excitement, honestly unlike any mystery/thriller I have ever read before and I was enchanted by every minute spent with Finlay. Well, of course—if my toddler found some scissors and butchered her hair, the first thing I would reach for would be duct tape.

The ending is absolutely fitting and certainly opens the door for a full series, and I would love to see more from our scrappy heroine! Though she’s tempted by the money—and curious about the potential victims—she never actually commits any of the murders herself. Cosimano has expertly woven in a murder investigation that keeps the reader on the edge of their seat. There are so many other well written, outrageous characters in this story that makes it a worthwhile read, for sure! I thought it was fun at times, but it tried way too hard to make this mother’s crime-filled life too convenient.Fresh off of her divorce with two kids in tow and finances running dry, Finlay has yet another dilemma: progress on her newest book has come to a screeching halt. Until the wife goes missing and the police are looking for the missing man and now his wife as well. She had recently told me of two books that I ended up loving, books that made my all-time favorites list. And will truth be stranger than fiction as Finlay suddenly finds all the inspiration for her novel she could ever need.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop