Revell 04909 Apollo Saturn V 1:144 Scale Unbuilt/Unpainted Plastic Model Kit

Revell 04909 Apollo Saturn V 1:144 Scale Unbuilt/Unpainted Plastic Model Kit

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Basically, if you are into 1.144 scale modelling, then this kit is worth a look. There will never be a huge choice of NASA Apollo Saturn V models so the return of this one looks like it could prove popular. If you’re prepared to spend some time being patient with your prep and spray work you can get good results from these older-tooled kits. This one will look stunning when complete and sitting on your club stand! a b c d e f g h "Third stage fact sheet" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on December 21, 2005 . Retrieved July 7, 2020. Young, Anthony (2008). The Saturn V F-1 Engine: Powering Apollo into History. New York: Springer-Praxis. ISBN 978-0-387-09629-2. OCLC 1088879682. Boehm, J.; Fichtner, H.J.; Hoberg, Otto A. "Exlplorer Satellites Launched by Juno 1 and Juno 2 Vehicles" (PDF). Astrionics Division George C. Marshall Space Flight Center National Aeronautics and Space Administration Huntsville, Alabama. p.163. Archived (PDF) from the original on May 10, 2020 . Retrieved July 24, 2020.

Stafford, Thomas P. (1991). America at the Threshold – Report of the Synthesis Group on America's Space Exploration Initiative. Bernan Assoc. ISBN 9780160317651. I was a bit skeptical about the video instructions at first but after viewing a couple of segments, I am a convert. They do remove any doubt on how to properly build the kit as you have stated. I love the attention to detail the kit has." -- Vic Duniec Shapeways also have a couple of nice 1/96 Lunar Modules with folded legs, which look infinitely better than the irredeemable Revell LM, albeit madly expensive: This parking orbit was quite low by Earth orbit standards, and it would have been short-lived due to aerodynamic drag. For perspective, the current ISS orbits at an altitude of roughly 250 miles (400km), and requires a reboost roughly once a month. This was not a problem on a lunar mission because of the short stay in the parking orbit. The S-IVB also continued to thrust at a low level by venting gaseous hydrogen, to keep propellants settled in their tanks and prevent gaseous cavities from forming in propellant feed lines. This venting also maintained safe pressures as liquid hydrogen boiled off in the fuel tank. This venting thrust easily exceeded aerodynamic drag. [ citation needed] Another one at the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex, made up of S-IC-T (test stage) and the second and third stages from SA-514. [106] It was displayed outdoors for decades, then in 1996 was enclosed for protection from the elements in the Apollo/Saturn V Center. [107]Saturn S-IVB". apollosaturn. Archived from the original on September 19, 2011 . Retrieved November 4, 2011. My stash RealSpace CSM is also all in one piece, but is made from a different, white resin that seems to provide better surface detail. Reach for the Stars". Time Magazine. February 17, 1958. Archived from the original on December 21, 2007. About 38 seconds after the second stage ignition the Saturn V switched from a preprogrammed trajectory to a "closed loop" or Iterative Guidance Mode. The instrument unit now computed in real time the most fuel-efficient trajectory toward its target orbit. If the instrument unit failed, the crew could switch control of the Saturn to the command module's computer, take manual control, or abort the flight. [35] Wade, Mark. "Saturn V-23(L)". Encyclopedia Astronautica. Archived from the original on March 18, 2022 . Retrieved April 22, 2022.

To help me understand and try to fix these problems, I used David Weeks’s 1/48 Saturn V drawing sets, available from RealSpace Models. At exactly twice the scale of the kit, they were a real boon to confirm the location and orientation of various details.

Conclusion

Chodas, Paul; Chesley, Steve (October 9, 2002). "J002E3: An Update". NASA. Archived from the original on May 3, 2003 . Retrieved September 18, 2013. I'm currently working on the Saturn 1B. I'm pretty tied up, so I probably won't have it finished for a while. About the S-IC". www.visitinfinity.com. Archived from the original on July 8, 2020 . Retrieved July 8, 2020. a b "Wernher von Braun". earthobservatory.nasa.gov. May 2, 2001. Archived from the original on April 3, 2019 . Retrieved April 2, 2019. The S-IC stage is wrongly orientated relative to the S-II. I corrected this at the junction between the S-II aft interstage and the S-IC—see build log for details.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop