The Letter: The #1 Bestseller that everyone is talking about: The most heartwrenching love story and World War Two historical fiction for summer reading

£4.995
FREE Shipping

The Letter: The #1 Bestseller that everyone is talking about: The most heartwrenching love story and World War Two historical fiction for summer reading

RRP: £9.99
Price: £4.995
£4.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

There was also too much restatement of things the reader already knew for the benefit of other characters. Discover THE LETTER by Kathryn Hughes, t he Number One bestseller that has captured thousands of hearts worldwide. Povestea este ușor întortocheată, însă într-un mod plăcut, pentru că viețile personajelor se întrepătrund fără să se confunde. When her husband discovers the money she had been hiding in a coffee can, he gives it to her for betting. Asi patřím mezi ty holky, které čas od času, mezi všemi těmi vraždícími a depresivními knihami potřebují něco jako Dopis.

The Secret: A gripping World War Two historical fiction novel

I really wanted to love it – it’s the kind of story I usually adore – but it never really engaged me emotionally. Fall in love this summer with HER LAST PROMISE, a gripping, heartwrenching story of how hope can blossom in the ruins of tragedy and of the redeeming power of love. Tenía guardada esta novela en mi librería desde hace un tiempo, y estaba allí porque en GoodReads y otros sitios estaba con los rótulos de misterio y suspenso; nada más alejado de la realidad.

It's not the story that's boring, that could be told well, although in this version the characters are one dimensional and annoyingly stupid. Așa, cu toate greșelile ei, cu deciziile proaste pe care le-a luat, am adorat-o pentru determinarea de a duce acea scrisoare la destinație.

Kathryn Hughes - Book Series In Order Kathryn Hughes - Book Series In Order

Es curioso como también al final podemos tenerle cierta consideración porque él también es víctima de sus circunstancias. Her husband gives her money to bet (turns out, it was her coffee money); however, she does not do so, but her friend Graham places the bet for her and wins. How well do you feel the author depicted the horrors of the war in Italy and the treatment of Italians living in Britain at that time?

That said, it would undoubtedly make a wonderful TV drama series – if someone doesn’t decide to make the film first. The wartime story though seemed too modern in its language at times, and the period detail (for example, the onset of the blackout features heavily) just didn’t seem particularly authentic. With no family to run to, Tina knows that it will take longer to leave her husband without her savings. Tina Craig lives in Manchester in the 1970s and is unhappily married to an abusive and alcoholic husband.

The Letter: The most heartwrenching love story and World War The Letter: The most heartwrenching love story and World War

This dual narrative set in the 1970's and 1939 was a fairly predictable storyline that had a Hallmark Hall of Fame type vibe. U ovoj se knjizi isprepliću poglavlja o životima dviju žena, jedne iz 70-ih godina prošlog stoljeća i jedne sa samog početka Drugog svjetskog rata. I loved it *****''Another great story from Kathryn Hughes *****''As always, a lovely story by Kathryn Hughes *****''I really enjoyed this book, especially the nostalgic 1970's descriptions ****'Tara Richards was just a girl when she lost her mother. There was an awful lot of telling rather than showing, sometimes with quite lengthy bits of rather unrealistic dialogue where people seemed to tell each other their life stories. How does Kathryn Hughes depict what life was like in 1970s England, including the cultural attitudes.Your heart will break a few times in the story, but it is refreshing that the book ends on a somewhat happy note. Join Hudges on this enjoyable ride, and you can be sure that you will not want to stop reading once you open the first page. She is torn and unsure if he has really changed, but she finds herself pregnant from the last violent time he raped her.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop