Zoom R8 8 Track SD Card Recorder Interface and Controller

Zoom R8 8 Track SD Card Recorder Interface and Controller

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

The DSP effects, which include 146 types and 370 patches, can be used for recording, mixing and mastering. Insert effects are comprised of seven modules and include algorithms for guitars, basses, vocals and other sounds. One insert effect can be used simultaneously with the two types of send-return effects. 18 types of guitar amplifier models from our best-selling G2Nu and 6 types of bass amp models are included, so you can re-create a realistic amp sound simply by connecting a guitar or bass directly to the R8. Sequencing is done either by creating drum hits in the on-screen timing grid using the control wheel, arrow keys and Enter button, or by playing the touch-sensitive pads situated below the faders, letting 'quantisation' move errant beats into place. Of course, simply selecting preset patterns and arranging them is another option. Certainly useful as a musical sketchpad, the R8 is also capable of producing polished demos and can double up as a guitar practice tool by using the amp sims and playing along to the onboard rhythms. Alternatively, you can program automatic punch-in and out points. If you want to record a gig on location, or perhaps an acoustic guitar, the onboard mics do a pretty good job. It also functions as an audio interface and can be connected to software via a USB. The USB also provides bus power, saving you from using the six AA batteries required to power it on the go.

Other Functions: Punch-In / Out (Manual, Automatic), Bounce, Marker, A-B Repeat, Undo / Redo, Metronome Built-in microphones: Omnidirectional condenser microphones / Gain: -50dBm to +4dBm continuously variable For the purposes of testing the R8's own recording abilities, I worked up a demo song I'd been meaning to for some time, and was really pleased with my results. Zoom must surely have cut costs somewhere in the design, but no matter what they have done in this respect, it is still possible to get great-sounding recordings from this little device. Not quite studio quality, perhaps, but not a million miles away from it. When recording vocals, I was able to find a suitable limiter from the range of options, and for my guitar and bass there were plenty of good-quality effects to choose from. Even the standard rhythm sounds are pretty usable, although this is understandable, given that Zoom have long history in manufacturing stand-alone rhythm machines and effects processors. Many also include drum machines, samplers, and simple mastering effects. Buyer’s Guide – Key Considerations Complexity A USB port allows the R8 to send and receive digital data and to act as an 2-input/2-output interface for DAWs. When operating at a sampling frequency of 44.1kHz, input signal can be routed through the R8's onboard DSP effects.The Zoom R8 will suit songwriters who want to get their ideas down either for reference or to export for sharing with others. The drum machine and built-in effects add to the creative options and the faders make it easy to use.It won’t be suited to musicians looking for something that can record more than 2 sounds at once.

USB: Mini-B type (USB2.0 High-Speed compatible)] Audio Interface / Control Surface or Mass Storage Class operation The R8 can be used as a control surface for DAW transport functions (play, record, stop) and mixing operations. Through a USB connection, you can control the transport and mixing functions of major DAWs such as Cubase, Logic, and Sonar from the R8. In addition, you can easily move multiple faders at the same time. No more mixing with a mouse! The R8 makes mixing a pleasure. SAMPLER A USB port allows the R8 to send and receive digital data and to act as an 2-input/2-output interface for DAWs such as the included Cubase LE. When operating at a sampling frequency of 44.1kHz, input signal can be routed through the R8's onboard DSP effects.This is a great device for the price. I got it because I didn't want to spend my music time in front of a computer (I already do that for work). It's not as powerful or flexible as a DAW, but you don't have to sit in front of a screen, worry about latency, compatibility or software updates. Set up to 100 markers and directly move to them whenever you want. Also, use the A-B repeat function to play or re-record a designated interval and use auto punch-in and punch-out for efficient editing. The built-in high-sensitivity stereo microphones are convenient for recording sketches of musical phrases and melodies as they come to mind. Use these mics for clear recordings of vocals and acoustic instruments.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop