Why Woo-Woo Works: The Surprising Science Behind Meditation, Reiki, Crystals, and Other Alternative Practices

£9.9
FREE Shipping

Why Woo-Woo Works: The Surprising Science Behind Meditation, Reiki, Crystals, and Other Alternative Practices

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Alternative therapies, healing modalities, and spiritual practices are often referred to as ‘woo-woo,’– but many of these approaches are actually supported by compelling scientific evidence. Why Woo-Woo Works proves why we shouldn't discount alternative therapies and healing modalities and reveals the answers that you have been looking for!

David Hamilton, PhD, has been studying the mind-body connection and the power of thought for years, finding compelling evidence of why and how alternative therapies can and do work. In his trademark warm and conversational tone, he explains the science and spirituality behind some of today's most popular alternative practices. He explores four key aspects of healing: Unlimited access to every Hay House audiobook, ad-free meditation, lecture, immersive learning program, podcast & more. Be kind because improves a lot of things, including the immune system and telomere length. Telomeres are long when we are young and they shorten as we age, but practicing loving-kindness could help slow that down. I took this seriously. I know that I need to add more loving-kindness into my life. I’ve been practicing it more since I listened to this point. Dr. Hamilton provided the bridge I needed to understand the language of my friends so I incorporate these things more fully in my own life if I choose without feeling quite so gullible or silly. Why Woo-Woo Works: The Surprising Science Behind Meditation, Reiki, Crystals, and Other Alternative Practices

Things I Bookmarked In Why Woo-Woo Works

It doesn’t have to be one or the other. Yes, sometimes much more of one and less of the other, especially for acute or serious conditions, but at other times perhaps more of the other and less of the first. And then at other times, a blend of both.But I think the long-term future of healthcare will be best served with a blend of allopathic and complementary, mainstream and holistic, West and East. Published (2005, 2006). In this first book by David Hamilton (originally self published), you will learn about the mind-body connection and the mind-world connection.

In the late 1990s, after completing a Ph.D. in organic chemistry, I worked in the pharmaceutical industry, where I helped develop drugs for cardiovascular disease and cancer. Over time, I became fascinated by the fact that in clinical trials, the participants who were given a placebo (a dummy drug) instead of the real drug would very often see an improvement in their condition. We sometimes call things’woo-woo’not because we’re experts on those subjects, but because we’re not experts and we haven’t dived into all the available science and research. In this book, David has done a stellar job in gathering the science and philosophy of a range of seeminglywoo-woosubjects and shown that they are, in fact, ‘true-woo’.”- Vex King, #1 Sunday Timesbestselling author of Good Vibes, Good Life In addition to reducing stress, meditation can result in higher levels of the telomerase enzyme, which can slow the rate of ageing at a genetic level. The Oxford University Press’s definition of woo-woo is ‘Unconventional beliefs regarded as having little or no scientific basis, especially those relating to spirituality, mysticism, or alternative medicine.’1 The term is believed to have been coined in the 1980s, possibly in imitation of the wailing sound associated with ghosts and the supernatural. The Oxford University Press’s definition of woo-woo is ‘Unconventional beliefs regarded as having little or no scientific basis, especially those related to spirituality, mysticism, or alternative medicine. The term is believed to have been coined in the 1980’s, possibly in imitation of the wailing sound associated with ghosts and the supernatural.”Dr. Hamilton is a writer, columnist, speaker, kindness scientist and former organic chemist. He received his PhD in organic chemistry and worked in R&D in the pharmaceutical industry, developing drugs for cardiovascular disease and cancer. He eventually left the industry to write books and educate people how they can harness the power of their mind and emotions to improve their mental and physical health. We get very deep into the woo, but after exploring the extensive science behind it all we discover a lot of woo woo is actually TRUE WOO!!! Whether skeptic or believer this is an eye-opening, fun, and profound conversation. Why should we meditate? How can crystals heal the mind and body? Why is visualization so powerful - and so effective? Discover the scientific evidence to answer these questions and more.... Emotional: how emotions are stored in your body and the link between suppressed emotions and disease

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop