The Inadequate Heir (The Bridge Kingdom Book 3)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Me explico, la historia me estaba gustando, la autora lo estaba haciendo bien. Los protagonistas son carismáticos los dos y hay un claro desarrollo de sus personalidades y el romance a lo largo de la novela. Hasta ahí todo bien. Sin embargo, no pude dejar pasar dos cosas: Danielle used to steer clear from spice so this book having smut caught me off guard not gonna lie. I feel like she started writing smut because BookTok is into it nowadays. Her smut writing skills are top tier, she killed it but it felt weird from time to time just because it felt forced. I believe this book wasn’t written with smut planned in mind so those scenes were added afterward which threw me off the story multiple times. But when identities are revealed, Zarrah must decide whether to embrace a chance at peace…or march to the drums of war. The almost instalove. They just fell real hard real fast and it went from 0 to 60 in no time. I just really really prefer a little more buildup and tension. This book is a whole other level of awesome. Sure, The Bridge Kingdom and The Traitor Queen are fantastic, but this goes beyond that. The plot is obviously fantastic but with enemies-to-lovers and forbidden romance in the mix. As if individually they aren't sexy enough as is. I also liked getting different perspectives of The Traitor Queen's events and reading about Lara and Aren from Zarrah's and Keris's points of view. Besides, the ending is such a major cliffhanger it had me crying, screaming, and throwing up. Now I'm just a numb little heap on the floor. That means I loved it.

This isn’t necessarily mean that it’s a bad book. I just love Danielle’s books so much that they are usually four or five-star reads for me. Giving one of her books three stars hurt my soul but I have to speak my mind. (This review will have spoilers and they will be tagged so you can still avoid them. Just be mindful that GoodReads app sometimes glitches and show them anyway.) En primer lugar, las escenas de fan service. Para mi hay una diferencia entre poner una escena subida de tono en un momento dado porque es lo que se requiere y otra en situaciones que lo que menos te puedes esperar es eso. Yo creía que era yo la que tenía un problema y estaba comportándome como una monja de clausura, pero he comentado estas escenas con amigos y ellos me miraban como si estuviesen bromeando con ellos y me dijeron que esas escenas estaban fuera de lugar. Menos mal que no soy la única que lo piensa, que así que el problema no es mío y eso me hace sentir mejor. Lo juro.

Select a format:

A pesar de todo voy a seguir leyendo la saga porque quiero saber que sucede, pero bueno, iré con la guardia alta. Al mismo tiempo entiendo porque este libro tenga tanta fama, pero como he dicho hay cosas que yo no puedo soportar y tenia que decirlas porque sino no me quedaba tranquila.

Matters of the heart do not bow to logic or reason. Anyone who does not understand that has either never lived or is devoid of a heart themselves." I know your pain better than anyone, my love. Your grief is my own. And together, I promise we will have revenge on Silas Veliant”. PDF / EPUB File Name: The_inadequate_heir_-_Danielle_Jensen.pdf, The_inadequate_heir_-_Danielle_Jensen.epubReturn to the world of The Bridge Kingdom in this sensuous fantasy full of romance and intrigue that is perfect for fans of From Blood and Ash and A Court of Silver Flames . Together, I really loved the two of them and the high-stakes politics that drove the plot of this novel…and I cannot WAIT for the sequel. What made it even more perfect were some cameos from familiar faces we’ve come to both love and hate. The third and fourth books in The Bridge Kingdom series follow the path of two characters that readers meet in THE TRAITOR QUEEN, Prince Keris Veliant (Lara's elder brother) and General Zarrah Anaphora. The events of book 3 overlap the same time period as THE TRAITOR QUEEN but revolve around the conflict between the enemy nations Maridrina and Valcotta. Expect a steamy new romance, action, intrigue, and the appearance of many characters you already know and love! ugh. this series. the entertainment value of it is just sooo high. and while reading about lara and aren would have been my preference, i did enjoy following two new characters in zarrah and keris. I did however hope for more emotion from Keris when it came to Lara, I sense some hostility between the two siblings but it's definitive we'll get to see them resolve it in the next book, which I CAN'T WAIT FOR!!

I liked Zarrah and Keris but I didn't get attached to them as I did with Lara and Aren. Maybe it's because this book was loaded with politics more so than the duology. I love political intrigue and court drama but too much of it can put a strain on the story. At times I felt this story went on for ages, but it was still worth the read. I would recommend. I would say you don’t have to read the previous two books to understand this. I think my main issue with the book is the events because they all happen in parallel with The Traitor Queen, so it felt to me I was rereading the events of TTQ through different POVs. It didn't serve the plot of this book well even though I mostly enjoyed Zarrah and Keris's time at the Harem. I do want to remake the world so that I can be with you. So that I can get down on my knees and ask you to be my wife. So that I can put a crown on your head and make you my queen. So I can build a shrine and worship you as my goddess. I want all of these things, yet I face a future with none of them, and I don’t know whether I want to fall on my own blade or burn everything to ash because I do not want to let you go.” There is a lot of politics in this book, and the fact that the second part mostly happens at the same time as Aren's imprisonment in The Traitor Queen was very interesting, but it was also a downside for me. I loved seeing all the politics and scheming involved in Aren's rescue from Keris's point of view, but at the same time, some parts felt longer because I knew already what would happen to Zarrah and Aren. I have to say though that the ending was a little unexpected, and I am very eager to see what will happen next. I am hoping for some bonding time between Keris and Lara, and I hope that we will get to see them work together.This is why enemies to lovers in fantasy is the best because the threat of them killing each other is very real! And then at the end of the book of course we learn that the REAL VILLAIN is the empress (even more so than Silas) because of course she is. Now that Silas is dead of course we need another monster for our heroes to fight. I suppose it might be good to mention that there are more foes other than evil rules…but okay… I love you, Valcotta. I will have you or I will have no one, because where you go, my heart goes with you.” A soldier raised as heir to an empire, Zarrah is motivated by two truths. The first is that the Veliant family murdered her mother. And the second is that her pursuit of vengeance will put every last one of them in their graves.

Don't want to compare them two but I think I would have loved Aren more if he and Lara had some couples therapy after The Traitor Queen that we could read about lol. I absolutely loved both of them. Zarrah is such a badass warrior, general of Valcotta and a strong woman. Keris, heir apparent to Maridrina, likes books more than swords and is more a man of logic and intelligence then fist fights. Except, it was better and more complex. I mean, what I love about this book was that it was complex enough to understand without making it overly descriptive and boring. These characters were fleshed out and I love every single moment where their characters having to change to adapt to the situation. Yet a chance encounter with an anonymous, and handsome, Maridrinian causes Zarrah to question whether the violence she's perpetrated is justice or a crime. And as she continues to meet the nameless man each night, she finds common ground-and fiery passion-in his arms.I did not remember much from Keris and Zarrah from the previous books, so I reread the first two books prior to reading The Inadequate Heir. Still, it felt as if I was discovering two entirely new characters. The glimpses of them we saw in The Traitor Queen are only the surface of their complex personality and dynamic. En segundo y último lugar está que siento que la autora ha reciclado trama con respecto a sus dos primeras novelas y eso es algo que no quiero perdonar porque siento que ha sido un copia y pega, sobre todo en las partes decisivas de la historia. An heir who plays a villain in public, but is actually a misunderstood romantic bookworm and thinks with his c**k, of course.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop