Duck, Death and the Tulip

Duck, Death and the Tulip

RRP: £8.99
Price: £4.495
£4.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Lenteren, Pjotr van (18 January 2008). "Een dode eend, een verlepte tulp en een extravagante hoed voor de koningin". de Volkskrant . Retrieved 8 May 2012.

I have so many thoughts on this book I don’t know where to start. I’m not a crier, but it had me teary. I like to think I’m quite brave, but it had me unsettled. The most conflicting part of all for me: this is a children’s picture book…It’s not something I like to make a habit of thinking about, but brushing the idea of dying to one side until it’s suddenly brought into sharp focus can’t be the way to go. Maybe a children’s picture book is a good starting place after all?I used the story this fall in discussions with undergraduate students. I also read it with my fourteen-year-old son and it led to a conversation about whether we would live forever if we could choose to do so. He said that he thought if we didn’t have death we’d have “no incentive to do anything” and that it would be hard to get older and weaker and never die. I asked him what he would do if he could choose to live forever at a certain age and stay that age always. We agreed that without change life would seem lifeless. We then talked about what happens when you die, whether the body’s death means the end of all consciousness and whether it’s possible that there are planes of existence beyond our ability to imagine. Es un libro muy...lindo, pero que al llegar al final, como adulto, te deja una sensación de que aun queda algo más que decir, una palabra, una frase, un párrafo, un algo. Pero no, el cierre es tan abrupto como lo es la muerte misma. Aunque tiene un mensaje muy poderoso; la muerte siempre esta ahí y debemos aceptarla, abrazarla y vivir con ella. This is a large-size picture book with an equally big heart. Its author/illustrator won the 2006 Hans Christian Andersen Award for illustration. In the jury citation he was described as `one of the great innovators and experimenters of contemporary children’s book illustration. Sometimes simple and elemental, at other times dense and intricate, he is always playful, humorous and philosophical.’.

For his illustrations, Erlbruch received honorable mention in the 2008 Dutch Gouden Penseel competition for best children's book illustrations. [5] [6] Adaptations [ edit ]

Need to cancel an existing donation? (It's okay — life changes course. I treasure your kindness and appreciate your Tender and direct, it is an excellent tool for helping to explain and talk about death, dying and bereavement with children This is the final installment of Aprils’s My Take/Your Take. To follow the whole conversation, start with Cry, Heart, but Never Break, followed by What’s Your Story? and Samira and the Skeletons. array(9) {

John: In the story and the illustrations we’ve got this life-affirming message about death. How’s that work? I guess the big question for anyone before they read this, is what is the philosophical conclusion of this book if it is not heaven or hell? Give it a read and it might give you something to consider as you take one more step towards the inevitable.Few readers could fail to be impressed in one way or another, by this outstanding book. It’s haunting and it’s hopeful. What more could anyone ask of great literature? How do you introduce a child to the esoteric concept of death? You probably don’t unless a granny or an uncle dies, or perhaps just as wrenching, a family pet. These are poignant teaching moments that a parent comfortable with the subject might use to illustrate mortality. Duchateau, Sieglinde. "Rev. of Wolf Erlbruch, De eend, de dood en de tulp". Pluizer.be . Retrieved 8 May 2012. De sfeer is warm, innig en troostrijk. In dit meesterwerk wordt op een eigenwijze manier en met een humoristisch trekje een moeilijk thema in een voor kinderen toegankelijke wereld geplaatst. Voy a incluir este cuento en mis libros leídos solo porque ya he terminado el desafío de lectura y porque este en concreto merece una reseña.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop