Lucky Star Manga Volume 1: v. 1

Lucky Star Manga Volume 1: v. 1

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

As regards the Lucky Star release, it seems to me that the issue is that it is a translation, and not a transliteration. While I appreciate the author putting characters in different outfits, all of the body drawing is ultra-simplistic and it’s not like the bottom halves of their bodies are almost ever shown. The translation aren't the most straight forward, but the translator did clear up a few pints of confusion at the end. But this isn’t all the translator’s fault – I think the 4-koma format is actually one of this manga’s big weaknesses. Now, I have not bought Bandai’s release of it, so I know nothing of their translations, but I found the manga a lot better than the anime.

By using the Web site, you confirm that you have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by the Terms and Conditions.The series follows a group of high school girls, all of whom have wonderfully distinct personalities. If you read the author comments you would see he acknowledges that the characters changed over time. The novels are written by Tōka Takei and feature illustrations by Lucky Star original author Kagami Yoshimizu. A stereotypical klutz character, Tsukasa is the younger fraternal twin sister of Kagami and lives in a six-member family household with her parents. The proper way to eat pastries is only one of the many every day occurrences explored by the girls of Ms.

An official parody manga titled Boo Boo Kagaboo ( ぶーぶーかがぶー, Bū Bū Kagabū) by manga artist Eretto was serialized in Comp Ace between the July 2008 and December 2009 issues. This is just the sort of slice-of-life story we can all relate to at some level--sitting in front of a fan making funny noises, debating the least messy way to eat a pastry, being exasperated at our friends sometimes. Besides Comptiq, the manga was also featured in other Kadokawa magazines including Shōnen Ace, Newtype, CompAce, Dragon Magazine, Mobile Newtype and Kadokawa Hotline for various lengths of time.Around that time, Yoshimizu met Gō Katō, who later became an editor—and then editor-in-chief—at Comptiq. Another two character CDs, both duets, followed on November 21, 2007: the first between Hirokazu Hiramatsu as Sōjirō Izumi, and Sumi Shimamoto as Kanata Izumi, and the other with Saori Nishihara as Yui Narumi, and Konomi Maeda as Nanako Kuroi. I’ll start from a technical standpoint – I think it’s very important to highlight the weakness of the translation of this manga.

The August issue of the Newtype magazine ran a feature on the various locales which the anime is based on, [37] including Konata's home in Satte, Saitama, Kagami and Tsukasa's home in Washimiya, Saitama, [4] and the school in Kasukabe, Saitama.

Much like Konata, Kagami is a tomboy who likes video games, but plays a different genre than Konata; Kagami likes to play shoot 'em up games.

In my faulty memory, the cause for my disinterest was an overabundance of strictly "Japanese" references I did not "get" as an American reader. The serialization began with the four main characters in their first year of high school: Konata Izumi, Kagami Hiiragi, Tsukasa Hiiragi, and Miyuki Takara.

He thinks Yukimura is good-looking and uncool, but in fact he is easy to talk to and a nice guy, and Fukumoto ends up getting drunk and stoned. Lucky Star ( Japanese: らき☆すた, Hepburn: Raki Suta) is a Japanese four-panel comic strip manga series by Kagami Yoshimizu. The first bound volume of the manga was published on January 8, 2005, and as of 2011, eight volumes have been released. When using the BOOK☆WALKER app to read the eBook, please check if your your iOS or Android device supports the app before purchasing, by purchasing a free eBook.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop