OX Speedskim Universal Pole Attachment

OX Speedskim Universal Pole Attachment

RRP: £25.20
Price: £12.6
£12.6 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

The second coat went on and was also flattened off with the Speedskim and once again it was very easy to do but still once again it left 2 lines where the edges of the Speedskim had dug in. I had also put on the window reveals and used the Speedskim to flatten off which made very light work of them.

When I first saw the Speedskim on The Plasterers Forum I knew that it was going to be a great product and from the reveiws from some of the experienced members I also knew that it was going to be popular and seeing that I have very much been behind the success of the plastic trowel in the plastering industry I knew that the Speedskim might just become as popular if not more so

Ox Tools OX Speedskim Ultimate Plastic Flex Finishing Pack OX-P534805

The job that I was recently asked to plaster was a house of a good friend of my parents and when I was recommended by a few other people and the builder that I use to do work for they decided that I was worth the extra money to get. Yes it does make me feel great to know that my previous reputation is still intact..

What I like about these few and far between jobs that I do is that I get to play with some of the tools that I get sent and if you read my mixm8 review previously it can uncover some interesting findings. So this job was going to give me plenty of time to play with some new tools which includes the Speedskim and also something called a Japanese trowel. As many of you will know I am a plasterer by trade, and although I am no longer trading as one I will still go and complete jobs for the old builders I use to carry out work for. One of the main reasons for this is that a couple of the local painters and decorators like to follow me, so even though I am now living on the south coast of England I still get the pleasure of returning to my home town. Since our first look at Speedskim the range is now being distributed by Ox Tools. It is fair to say that the Speedskim is not for everyone as some plasterers simply could not adapt to it but for those plasterers who have embraced it the main benefit is they can complete the laying down of finish plaster without the trowel. If you are suffering from RSI this gives your wrist a welcome break and the Speedskim is faster than even the widest flexi trowel. Using the pole, which is sold separately, you can lay down a ceiling simply by walking up and down the room first one way and then the other to achieve a level of flatness that trowels simply can’t achieve. I was really impressed with the Speedskim I can pretty much say that it has now become an essential tool in my plastering kit and I don’t think I will ever not use it. Yes a few people don’t like it but that is common with anything and to be honest you can’t please everybody and over the course of the years the Speedskim has evolved and changed ever so slightly. Like they have now got interchangeable blades and come in various sizes.So the rest of the job I was either re-skimming board work or re-skimming old plaster and it soon became clear that I was using the Speedskim on every single wall and every time I would use it a little smile would creep in as I realised how little effort it took to flatten in. Especially in the heat. Using a Speedskim is very much like using a featheredge as you do need to make sure that it is clean and free from and dried lumps of plaster. But the real test was going to be when I put the massive ceiling on the following day You can buy the Speedskim in three different lengths 600, 1200, 1800mm. Most people tend to buy a set but if your main aim is to flatten ceilings I would suggest that the 1800 is a bit too wide to use on the pole. In fact I know some people who use the 600 on the pole, claiming that they get much better pressure and control. Once you have made a pass each way on the wall or ceiling it will have taken off the high spots and, to a certain extent, filled in the hollows. It really depends on the angle you hold it at. If you hold it at 90 degrees it will take material off in the same way as a feather-edge but if you hold it at 45 degrees or even flatter it will lay the material down. This is achieved by a row of small ribs on the blade that helps limit the amount of material that moves up towards the handle.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop