Sennheiser HD 660S2 Wired Audiophile Stereo Headphones with Deep Sub Bass, Optimized Surround, Transducer Airflow, Vented Magnet System and Voice Coil – Black

£9.9
FREE Shipping

Sennheiser HD 660S2 Wired Audiophile Stereo Headphones with Deep Sub Bass, Optimized Surround, Transducer Airflow, Vented Magnet System and Voice Coil – Black

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

As always the answer cannot be simple and one-dimensional because there are a lot of parameters involved. Siegfried: Getting access to your playlist reminds me so much of the cassette playlists you would make for me. I did not know what the words meant but I enjoyed the music. I remember you asking me to stop singing “Walk on the Wild Side” in public. Seeing you blush was worth whatever I was saying. On that note, MM it is time to compare the 660S2 to the 660S.

Sennheiser HD 660S2 – Thomann UK Sennheiser HD 660S2 – Thomann UK

On a technical level, the mid range of the HD660S2 is very transparent, crystal clear and finely articulated with plenty of harmonic variety, natural overtones and a full bodied texture. As expected, the high impedance driver pairs very well with OTL tube amplifiers, like the Feliks Audio Euforia, and the listener is rewarded with a full and high fidelity sound but you shouldn't expect any tonal shifts at least when using a source with a linear frequency response.The 660S2 has slightly better technicalities, it is a bit more tight, layered, better defined and controlled but also more drier and not as full bodied and visceral as the 109 PRO.

Sennheiser HD 660 S2 headphones are a sound upgrade to a Sennheiser HD 660 S2 headphones are a sound upgrade to a

On another note, my analysis on the HD660S2’s may seem overexaggerated compared to the average listener. I’ve been told before that X headphone sounds fine, or Y headphone sounds fine, or X and Y headphones sound similar. Which is fine, I’m not one to judge another's perceptions and perspectives to differentiate between gear, but please again do note that my review of course be taken with a grain of salt. There was no obligation for an international review but I have decided to share my impressions with the community.The headphone comes with two cables, 1.5m and 3m length, but they are both single ended, you have to buy an extra one if you want to go balanced. This is the first HD6xx series headphone with real sub-bass extension and not merely harmonics that pretend to act like one. It goes deep without being boosted but the frequency response in not truly linear, there is still an audible mild roll-off, nonetheless it can now clearly reproduce low pitched instruments, like the double bass or the pipe organ while it can sound very satisfying and extended with electronic bass but don't expect bass-head levels of boosting. As the big focus of this review is on the comparison with the other Sennheiser headphones and the amplifier synergy, we’ll keep this part to the point. Testing was done with a series of amplifiers, using the Musician Audio Aquarius and EarMen ST-AMP as DAC, streaming music from Tidal via ROON on my laptop. For the direct comparisons I used the Cayin Audio HA-3A tube headphone amplifier, as it has an impedance selector, and it allows to connect 2 headphones in balanced mode at the same time. All testing was done in balanced mode, unless specified otherwise. Voices get always highlighted and projected in front of the listener who additionally feels very closely positioned to the performers, a type of tuning that might work very well for a lot of people but others might find it fatiguing and tiring in the long run.

Sennheiser Emotive bass and powerful range - Sennheiser

The main difference is that now with the actual sub-bass extension the headphone achieves a low end tonal balance and equilibrium and it doesn't give the impression of the detached mid-bass hump like it did in the HD650. The surround is now more compliant, too, dropping the resonant frequency to 70 Hz. Considerable effort also went into optimizing the airflow around the transducer. There’s more sensitivity over the entire frequency spectrum because the magnet´s air gap works more efficiently now. And Sennheiser, acting as a skilful and inspired composer, has managed to create a little gem variation that, in my opinion, has managed to surpass the original theme. Let’s get into tonality starting with treble. The HD660S2’s bring out a smooth and realistic presentation. I can’t say for sure but they could be on the same volume as the Sundaras regarding treble, but they peak in the absolute perfect place in comparison. Sundara’s treble is somewhat grating for me and peaks in the weirdest places that seem to alter speech. Listening to that guy on AfterPrisonShow with the Sundaras is a real problem, I can’t stand listening to him with the Sundaras as the lower treble peak on the headphones emphasize the way he pronounces “S” sounds through his molars. I’ve sold the Sundaras a long time ago and my goodness just typing about that headphone brings me grief again. The 660S2’s treble regarding speech on S pronunciations are smooth in comparison, there is no grain and sibilance. The HD660S2 is essentially a new variation on the same theme and while this might not sound very exciting we better remember that in music sometimes the variations are actually of higher artistic quality than the original theme.

The HD660S2’s mids are clear from the middle of the mids, like 300hz-ish, all the way up to the 3.5khz area and are linear like the HD560S. They also feature that technical ability of the HD660 that allow you to selectively listen to individual vocalists. Overall detail and resolution are very good, but the HD 660S2 fall behind some mid-range planar magnetic headphones. Soundstage and imaging Overall, the HD 660S2 are better suited for most modern genres. At the same time, I cannot overlook the price tag, which is nearly twice that of the HD 6XX Drop variant of the HD 650. The performance upgrade hardly justifies such a massive price gap, so the HD 650/6XX still remain as good an option as ever. Technical Specifications SLC: I assume you are talking about the Trabi and not your wife Pia being donated! Congratulations on the change either way. Siegfried: Remember how much fun we had am Kreuzberg in Bonn, looking out the window and hearing the bird’s making music in the morning. It really helped you get over those 0,5s Markie Mark!! I know you want to talk about the S2 specifically, but can you please start by comparing it to what is close to your heart; the HD 600. We would just sit and look at that marble sheen and those curves while the birds sang!

HD 660S2 | Sennheiser HD 660S2 | Sennheiser

The HD 660S2 use a “dual-entry” cable system where both earcups use separate cable entries. This system is far more robust than the single-entry ones and does not rely on wires running through the headband. The channel marking is less obvious than it used to be. There is also a notable improvement into rendering the macro-dynamics, the new driver is punchy and impactful with excellent rise and fall times, it sounds very contrasted and powerful, not to the Focal Clear Mg levels, but this is undeniably the best performer of the 6xx family and maybe even better than the HD800S. Starting with gaming.​ Opening up discord and immediately being greeted by a few dudes in a VOIP channel, the first thing I noticed was the HD660S2 being absolutely clear for speech. This is great, because in this game I play on a daily basis called Squad, I always take up the role of a Squad Leader. The Squad Leader is essentially a volunteer managerial position where I need to listen to 2-4 voices through my right ear, speak with fellow squad leaders with my left ear, and have a 3rd party application like Discord taking up my center channel.Both headphones are equally fast, the 109 PRO has the lead when it comes to dynamics, impact and raw power but it can also sound a little hollow and bloomy. Siegfried: Time to say adieu MM. I thank you for helping me see the dark light but keep my optimism. I have enjoyed my time with you again. It has been a while. I ask you to wrap up your thoughts about the Sennheiser HD 660S2. I now look you in the eye and say Prost and Zum Wohl mein Freund! Improving on a beloved classic while retaining its best traits was a challenging task, starting with the lowest end of the frequency plot. The HD 660S2's warm bass characteristics pair perfectly with its silky-smooth treble performance and trademark vocal presence, allowing the timbre and uniqueness of any instrument part to stand out. Natural, relaxed, high-fidelity sound with extra sub bass: Optimized surround and diaphragm with new voice coil with 300-ohm impedance SLC: I can do that Sig. I remember the 0,5 Kölsch but not the birds. I do remember you rolling up to Kreuzberg in your Trabant! Oh, the smells that came out of that exhaust.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop