The House Share: The locked in thriller that will keep you guessing . . .

£4.495
FREE Shipping

RRP: £8.99
Price: £4.495
£4.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

I enjoyed it so much more than I thought I would! I didn't want to put it down as soon as a I started reading! It had twists, drama, mystery and thrill - what else could I ask for? Jamie - A former 'Dyer' (what they call themselves who live at the factory). He is quite a main character in the book, although he's only really spoke about in certain parts. He is one of the main reasons the events of the book happen and he is a really awful person. I really enjoy the first half and find it hard to put down as the atmosphere is well conveyed and is creepy and claustrophobic. There’s some tension and suspense and plenty of things to think about. There is one good twist at the end that I don’t see coming but does make sense! You might both own the whole property together - known as 'joint tenancy'. You might own the property in joint names but you each own a specific share of its value - known as ‘tenancy in common’. If you’re tenants in common your shares might be equal - for example, half each - or unequal. You can find out what kind of joint ownership you have on GOV.UK. If you can't agree what happens to your home Another example is kitchen hygiene. Knowing there is a cleaner, some housemates don’t clean up after themselves. This is a problem if you need to use the kitchen immediately after them.

When Immi’s application to live at The Factory is agreed she thinks that her life is going in the right direction and she surprised that Dex’s application was successful too. Each resident is very different to each other at first look like they are happy in life but, like herself, they all seem to be hiding things from each other. Even more so, when weird things start to happen. Who is playing sinister games to what end?

Typically, living in a house share is a temporary state. Personally, I moved ten times in ten years. Basically, I had a different home every year. My moves were due to work, not liking the place, or finding something better. I loved The House Share. A great premise, compelling characters and a twisty plot kept me totally gripped Bernice - She is seen as the 'queen b' of the factory. Very confident but is also struggling with her own demons. She plays a major part in a big twist in the book.

The House Share by Kate Helm has The Dye Factory, a co-living community in Bermondsey, looking for two new roommates. Immi Sutton, a teacher, feels it is the solution for her if she can get in. She has been couch surfing since her boyfriend tossed her out. The rent is reasonable and there are some great perks like housekeeping, daily yoga, rooftop terrace and communal food. Immi just hopes that they do not find out her secret. Dex Shepherd, a photographer, needs a place to hide out and is tired of the run-down motel where he is currently living. He needs to play a part and lie, though, to get accepted. Both Immi and Dex are thrilled when they get the news that they are the newest members of the community. Not long after they move in, someone begins playing a series of pranks. The mischief escalates into something far more sinister. Is the danger coming from outside their community or within?If you both want to leave, you can sell the home and split any profits (the 'equity') - you can get help selling your home. You know when you get that strong feeling of deja vu? Well, that’s what happened to me almost as soon as I began reading this story. It definitely wasn’t that I had read the previously published version of the book, then titled The Let, so I can only conclude that the premise is very similar to that written by another author and I am still trawling through my review index to root it out, as I am a bit like a dog with a bone about things which niggle away at me! If you’re not married or in a civil partnership, or you haven’t sorted out what happens to your home, you might still be able to prove your right to the home if you can prove you have a 'beneficial interest'. This usually means you've contributed to the home financially. Lucas - very overly charming, not an easily likable character. He seems throughout very forceful, manipulating situations for his own benefit - such as acting upset to spend the night with Immi and then telling Camille they had slept together.

You can apply to court to change your ex-partner's tenancy to your name, or remove their name from a joint tenancy.Immi has gone through a traumatic experience and is hiding secrets. She was a favorite character out of the bunch. Author Carla Kovach explored many different psychological issues with her characters and illustrated the long-term effects, vulnerabilities and scars some of those events might have left. A fractured and abusive childhood which left both Libby and Olly distant from parents they know full well never wanted them. A perpetrator who had been relentlessly bullied by their fellow pupils and peers during those very formative years, with teachers finding it convenient to turn a blind eye to the truth, and who was still therefore unable to move on from the situation. Libby’s fear of being trapped in a toxic and abusive relationship with the manipulative powers of Gary’s gaslighting techniques making it almost impossible for her to disengage from the situation. The shame yet physical relief which came with Libby’s self-harming as an escape mechanism for her frustration and fear. The relentless pain which comes from having a child go missing in mysterious, unexplained and unusual circumstances on foreign soil. Libby is a domestic abuse survivor who has recently moved into a flat in an apartment complex owned by Tim and is just starting to get settled into her independent life when strange things happening around her. She gets the feeling like she is being stalked, her stuff starts disappearing and someone keeps throwing stones at her windows. Mix in a intriguing landlord, a scorned workplace enemy and an estranged husband. Living with friends is great. However, not every friend is a good housemate. Differences in attitude towards chores or noise levels can ruin friendships. You may be unable to make up or decide that the friendship is no longer worth pursuing.

Days later she hears arguing and possibly her name being said...why would people argue about her? She has also begun to feel as if someone is watching her. Could it be her horrible ex-boyfriend or someone else? Plus, she learns the previous tenant left without a trace. It feels as if someone has been in her apartment (at least treats were left) and she is feeling uneasy. Then she finds a note left behind.......Pacy yet detailed, with interesting characters and an intriguing setting, this is an absorbing read. But most importantly, it's impossible to second-guess the outcomes You can end your joint tenancy without agreement from your ex-partner. Your ex-partner can also end the tenancy without your agreement. If either of you do this, it will end the tenancy for both of you. You can find out the rules you need to follow to end your tenancy agreement. Changing the names on your tenancy agreement

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop