Leading with the Heart: Coach K's Successful Strategies for Basketball, Business, and Life

£9.9
FREE Shipping

Leading with the Heart: Coach K's Successful Strategies for Basketball, Business, and Life

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Joy Behar Was Totally Lost On 'The View' As Whoopi Goldberg Tried To Make An Argument About Men And Abortion: "What Is The Point?" How 'The Buccaneers' Crafted Josie Totah and Mia Threapleton’s "Joyful" Queer Romance: "Never Even a Discussion"

Describing a formula to make any team great, Coach K spells five fundamental qualities: communication, mutual trust, collective responsibility, caring and pride. Develop respect in the workplace by being open and honest when communicating to employees. Adopt a zero tolerance for malicious employee behaviors. Mike had some real frustrating time in military, when he was posted to Fort Carson, Colorado, in 1969. His Commanding Officer never appreciated his basketball and leadership skills.

Mike Krzyzewski: For a college basketball player or coach, to reach the Final Four is la-la land. You’ve achieved, you’ve got your stamp of approval. My first team to do that was in 1986. Then we did it in ’88, ’89 and ’90. But we did not win the National Championship. I feel that, because we were achieving at a high level, I rationalized somewhat, at a moment when maybe I could have pushed my team a little bit more. Stream It Or Skip It: 'Holiday Road' on Hallmark, Where Nine Strangers Come Together for an Unforgettable Christmas Roadtrip I had higher hopes for this book because of what I know of Coach K's character. I was disappointed because there was not much to separate this book from any other leadership book written by a coach. Mike Krzyzewski: Parents can really help, but they can also really hinder the development of their youngsters. When I was growing up, the teacher was always right in my parents’ eyes. If I came home from school and said, “Ma, can you believe? Father Roag did this…” And she’d say, “Father Roag must have had a reason.” It wasn’t, “Poor Mike. I’m going to go and talk to Father Roag. I’m going to get on him.” I’m old-school in that way. At getAbstract, we summarize books* that help people understand the world and make it better. Whatever we select for our library has to excel in one or the other of these two core criteria:

We’re not only trying to build good habits. Sometimes we’re trying to destroy bad habits. A bad habit being the fear of failure. How do you destroy that? Is there a book on that? Is there a pill that you take? It’s different in every individual. In some cases, you have to exorcise that. It takes passion, it takes a lot. If somebody’s just looking from outside, they’ll say, “Well, you shouldn’t do that.” I’ll say, “No, you don’t understand what I’m doing.” And I wouldn’t try to do it unless I already connected with this kid and we had a relationship. Beyoncé Gave The Beyhive A Little Something To Be Thankful For With A “First Look” At ‘Renaissance' During Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Over the years, Krzyzewski turned down spectacularly lucrative offers to coach professional teams, including the Los Angeles Lakers. His continuing commitment to the college game — and his loyalty to the Duke University community — made him an exemplary figure in the world of sports. March 5, 2022: Coach Mike Krzyzewski of the Duke Blue Devils looks on as he is recognized before Saturday’s game against the North Carolina Tar Heels at Cameron Indoor Stadium. It was his last home game before his retirement. While the rating tells you how good a book is according to our two core criteria, it says nothing about its particular defining features. Therefore, we use a set of 20 qualities to characterize each book by its strengths:In high school, in sport, I had a coach who told me I was much better than I thought I was, and would make me do more in a positive sense. He was the first person who taught me not to be afraid of failure. He’d tell me to shoot 25 times a game, and I’d say, “No, I can’t do that, everyone will hate me.”“You do it.” And even though I didn’t do that all the time, he kept pushing me to be better. If success or talent were on floors, maybe I saw myself on the fifth floor. He always saw me on the twentieth floor. As a result, I climbed more floors when I was with him. I’ve tried to use that in my way of teaching. He even helped me choose West Point to go to school, where I was afraid of that. He felt that that would give me many more floors in my building, and he was right. In ’91, we were playing Nevada Las Vegas, and they’d won 45 in a row. It was almost like it would be okay to lose. Everybody would say, “Oh, that’s all right.” That, to me, was the biggest obstacle. I was most proud of that game, because, as a leader, I helped my group overcome rationalization at the highest level. When we beat them, and then beat Kansas for the National Championship, everyone was saying, “Boy, you won the National Championship,” but for me, it was amazing because I got over that final hurdle, as a leader and a teacher. Now I know how to do that, and I thought it helped me the next year when we won it a second time. In time, he became the winningest coach in the NCAA. As head coach of Duke University’s Blue Devils, he placed his team in five consecutive Final Fours and won five national championships. In 2015, he became the first coach in the history of NCAA Division 1 men’s basketball to win 1,000 games. Swifties Threaten To Boycott Netflix When 'Taylor Swift: The Reputation Stadium Tour' Is Removed Next Month: "Does Netflix Realize How Many People Are Going To Cancel Their Subscription?"

I want to ask you about the hyper-popularity of sport, and the fact that so many kids from the inner city and elsewhere dream of being a Michael Jordan or Grant Hill. I think a recent survey showed that an unbelievably high percentage of kids growing up in the inner city say they want to be professional basketball players. They’ll never make it, statistically. Is there a problem with the way that we glorify sports today, and pay our players? Is that related? Chris Evans' Dog Adorably Interrupts His Interview With 'The View': "He Needs To Be The Center Of Attention" Superb. A helpful and/or enlightening book that is extremely well rounded, has many strengths and no shortcomings worth mentioning.Steve Lavin at UCLA says that meeting you was like meeting Elvis, in a good sense, that he admires you as a coach and as someone who really connects with the kids.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop