Kobo Glo eBook

Kobo Glo eBook

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

The Kobo eReader is an e-reader produced by Toronto-based Kobo Inc (a subsidiary of Rakuten). The company's name is an anagram of "book". The original version was released in May 2010 and was marketed as a minimalist alternative to the more expensive e-book readers available at the time. Like most e-readers, the Kobo uses an electronic ink screen. [1] The Arc tablet series, released between 2011 and 2013, was based on LCD technology instead. [2] E Ink devices [ edit ] Chronological overview [ edit ] Legend: The lights are about as problematic as each other. Where the Kindle fires upwards from the bottom of the screen, the Kobo Glo fires downwards from the top, and the light dispersion isn’t completely consistent. The high resolution screen is a nice upgrade, but in all honesty the difference is hardly noticeable in real life. Text is a little sharper and clearer, especially smaller text, but the high resolution screen certainly doesn't give enough of a reason to be a deciding factor over another device. For instance, the Sony PRS-T2 with the standard E Ink screen is just as easy to read. If anything the text looks a little darker without the frontlight layer. The Kobo Elipsa 2E was released on 19 April 2023. It has a 10.3-inch E-Ink display at 1404 x 1872 pixels, with a density of 227 ppi and an updated stylus. [25] Discontinued [ edit ] Kobo eReader [ edit ] frtls (22 September 2022). "Kobo 2E Internal Images - SD Card Confirmed". r/ereader . Retrieved 20 May 2023.

Speaking of dingy, the screen has sort of a rough and dirty appearance when viewed at an angle, whereas the Kindle Paperwhite looks really clear. Head-on you can't really notice it, but side-by-side the Kindle's screen is sharper and clearer. It must have something to do with the layer used for the frontlight. Upgrading the memory of your Kobo without using a computer: Run the script, remove the SD card and put a bigger SD card. The script sets up everything for you. Press and hold the power button until the power light on the top-right corner of your eReader turns off. You'll see a 'Powered off' screen when your eReader is turned off. The only two ports are a microSD reader on the left edge that takes cards up to 32GB and a Micro USB port on the bottom for charging and connectimg to a computer.It’s not much talked about, but ereaders from Kindle and Kobo allow users to highlight passages of text and type notes by pressing, holding and dragging a finger across text. On a Kindle those notes are fully searchable within an online notebook and accessible via the Kindle app on a smartphone. If you live in the US, your options to borrow ebooks from your local public library are much more. Both Kindle and Kobo ereaders will work, with the latter using OverDrive support to do so. a b c d e f g "6-inch eBook Reader Comparison Table". The eBook Reader . Retrieved 1 September 2021. Welcome the New Kobo Family of Devices – An eReader for Everyone!". Toronto: Kobo. 6 September 2012. Archived from the original on 10 September 2012 . Retrieved 6 September 2012.

Reid, Calvin (20 April 2012). "With More Funding, Kobo Steps Up". Publishers Weekly . Retrieved 4 June 2012.

IPX8 water resistance is available from both (except on the 10.3-inch models from both brands), as are adjustable illuminated displays for reading in the dark. Most of the higher-end models also allow you to change the hue (or temperature) of the light from cold to warmer yellow for nighttime reading. However, only the Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition has a front light with an ambient light sensor that auto-adjusts its brightness. That device is also capable of wireless charging, which Kobo doesn’t offer at all. Kobo eReader.conf tweaks: Hidden features that can be enabled after editing a .conf file. Some of them no longer work. Getting the best out of the Kobo Glo requires a little bit of fiddling, because it gives you so much control. Conversely, the Kindle range takes a more Apple-like approach, largely dictating how text looks. Depending on which ereader model you buy from either brand, your home screen setup will appear differently, with the number of tabs at the bottom changing if you have a note-taking ereader. Kobo’s OS is a bit more comprehensive here, with multiple tabs for ebooks, notes and Kobo’s own store.

My apologies if this seems overly critical. Those were my thoughts when I was reading your post. To a certain extent, it is repeating known information, but, I suppose we have been missing a guide that covers all the steps. They get posted frequently when someone gets into trouble, but, being able to post a link to a clear guide would be better. You spend a lot of time on little things. I mean, don't get me wrong, it's good that you helped me get better by criticising, but it looks like you spend a lot of time writing that.

The use of "METHOD 2" and "METHOD 3" confused me for a moment. That was because when I read through this, it seemed to have been written as if these are alternative methods people should try. They aren't. Which you method you use is dependent on the device you are trying to get going. While you labelled them, it would be confusing to someone who didn't know. Overall, what you should be saying is something like:

Lots of wasted space when reading, needs option for fullscreen mode and removal of spaces between paragraphs. Any ereader worth its salt puts the book you’re currently reading front and centre, so that 90 per cent of the time you don’t need to look anywhere apart from the home screen and the book you’re reading.The Clara HD was released on 5 June 2018. [51] It has a 6-inch, 300 ppi screen. [52] Kobo Aura One [ edit ] One of the best things with Kobo's software is that it offers more layout and font settings than most other ebook readers. You can fine-tune font boldness and sharpness exactly how you want it, along with margins and line-spacing, and you can even load in additional fonts of your choice to go along with the 10 already available. The only downside is that not all the layout setting always work for every ebook, especially sideloaded ebooks. Sometimes it's hit or miss when adjusting margins and line spacing. Ridden, Paul (25 May 2011). "Kobo launches new e-Reader Touch edition". Gizmag . Retrieved 26 May 2011. So has Kobo gone all-out on the design? Absolutely not. Ereaders never look too flashy because, well, they’re just not meant to be are they? They help you hide you’re reading Dan Brown-grade trash on the train, not draw attention to it.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop