KISS Off The Soundboard: Live In Poughkeepsie

KISS Off The Soundboard: Live In Poughkeepsie

RRP: £44.39
Price: £22.195
£22.195 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

If you didn’t know Kiss played these songs at lightspeed in the 1980s, then you never saw Animalize Live Uncensored. Desmond Child, ComposerLyricist - Kiss, MainArtist - Paul Stanley, Producer, Guitar, AssociatedPerformer, ComposerLyricist - Gene Simmons, Producer, Bass Guitar, AssociatedPerformer - Tony Dixon, Mastering Engineer, StudioPersonnel - Eric Carr, Drums, AssociatedPerformer - Mark St. John, Guitar, AssociatedPerformer

KISS Off The Soundboard: Live In | Kiss | High Quality KISS Off The Soundboard: Live In | Kiss | High Quality

Blu-ray Audio | Dolby TrueHD / LPCM / Dolby TrueHD-Atmos | 24bit / 48kHz / 96kHz | Stereo & MultichannelKiss, MainArtist - Paul Stanley, Producer, Guitar, AssociatedPerformer - Gene Simmons, Producer, Bass Guitar, AssociatedPerformer, ComposerLyricist - Tony Dixon, Mastering Engineer, StudioPersonnel - Vincent John Cusano, ComposerLyricist - Eric Carr, Drums, AssociatedPerformer - Mark St. John, Guitar, AssociatedPerformer I have this Soundboard release as well as Des Moines (1977). I'd much rather hear KISS live in the time before they became a pure nostalgia act. When this was recorded, they were in their early hair metal phase, still struggling to recover to their previous popularity but by no means simply resting on their laurels. The sound quality of this release is acceptable but by no means great. An average bootleg perhaps. I like the setlist which mixes a good amount of their 70's hits with the early 80's sound. Eric Carr sounds great, very powerful drums. What is interesting is the tempo, which sounds like 1.5X normal speed. This must have been an 80's phase. One thing is clear: the Alive albums cleaned up A LOT of the sound, as they are much sloppier on this recording. Could also be the new guitarist, who unfortunately had to leave soon after. He also brings a more hair metal sound to the classics. It's worth it for anyone who wants to hear what they really sounded like in the 80's during the non-makeup phase. Paul stilll does his fake Southern accent. He does throw in a lot more F-bombs than I've ever heard him. Nearly every interlude has him saying something. I have not seem them since the replacements joined so I don't know if that is still the case. For me it is a bit much. Off topic: I don’t know if we’ve already discussed this or not, but wouldn’t Harrison look great as a goth vampire? He won’t indulge me by wearing eyeliner and pancake makeup. A long cape is also necessary. published on 2023-03-31T02:19:24Z Cold Gin (Live From Mid-Hudson Civic Arena, Poughkeepsie NY / 1984) Great review and spot on. You are hitting all the points I was planning on hitting when I review. It is great show and typical of the time so no complaints. I have a bootleg from around that time, I saw that tour and the Animalize Live video so I have this tour covered well in my collection.

Kiss » GetMetal CLUB - new metal and core releases Kiss » GetMetal CLUB - new metal and core releases

We’re Number One! Thanks to John Clauser, Peter Kerr, Robert Daniels, Tim Durling and Harrison Kopp for an Awesome Anniversary and a Stonker of aShow! October 28, 2023 KISS are globally recognized as one of the greatest live bands of all time and are the creators of what is universally considered the best live album ever, 1975's gold-certified and No. 9 Billboard-charting "Alive!" The "Off The Soundboard" series continues their storied legacy of groundbreaking live albums with a document of the spectacular, larger-than-life extravaganza that is a KISS concert. Kiss, MainArtist - Paul Stanley, Producer, Guitar, AssociatedPerformer - ACe Frehley, ComposerLyricist - Gene Simmons, Producer, Bass Guitar, AssociatedPerformer - Tony Dixon, Mastering Engineer, StudioPersonnel - Eric Carr, Drums, AssociatedPerformer - Mark St. John, Guitar, AssociatedPerformer

Love Gun (Live From Mid-Hudson Civic Arena, Poughkeepsie NY / 1984) (Live From Mid-Hudson Civic Arena, Poughkeepsie NY / 1984)

KISS – OFF THE SOUNDBOARD: POUGHKEEPSIE, NEW YORK, 1984’

Hi Marc! Thank you! I must tell you that reader reaction to this review has been unanimous. Which makes me happy. I know a guy who worked on this series (credited on all the recent Kiss releases) and he would be happy to see these comments. Bass Solo (Live From Mid-Hudson Civic Arena, Poughkeepsie NY / 1984) (Live From Mid-Hudson Civic Arena, Poughkeepsie NY / 1984) Thank you! I am blown away by the overwhelmingly positive response to this review. Thank you so much. And yes, his tale is tragic indeed. This is something Mark really deserved. Kiss, MainArtist - Paul Stanley, Producer, Guitar, AssociatedPerformer, ComposerLyricist - Gene Simmons, Producer, Bass Guitar, AssociatedPerformer - Tony Dixon, Mastering Engineer, StudioPersonnel - Vincent John Cusano, ComposerLyricist - Eric Carr, Drums, AssociatedPerformer - Mark St. John, Guitar, AssociatedPerformerDesmond Child, ComposerLyricist - Kiss, MainArtist - Paul Stanley, Producer, Guitar, AssociatedPerformer, ComposerLyricist - Gene Simmons, Producer, Bass Guitar, AssociatedPerformer - Tony Dixon, Mastering Engineer, StudioPersonnel - Eric Carr, Drums, AssociatedPerformer, ComposerLyricist - Mark St. John, Guitar, AssociatedPerformer Creatures Of the Night (Live From Mid-Hudson Civic Arena, Poughkeepsie NY / 1984) (Live From Mid-Hudson Civic Arena, Poughkeepsie NY / 1984 [Explicit]) Cold Gin (Live From Mid-Hudson Civic Arena, Poughkeepsie NY / 1984) (Live From Mid-Hudson Civic Arena, Poughkeepsie NY / 1984 [Explicit]) Young And Wasted (Live From Mid-Hudson Civic Arena, Poughkeepsie NY / 1984 (Incomplete)) (Live From Mid-Hudson Civic Arena, Poughkeepsie NY / 1984 (Incomplete)) War Machine (Live From Mid-Hudson Civic Arena, Poughkeepsie NY / 1984) (Live From Mid-Hudson Civic Arena, Poughkeepsie NY / 1984)

KISS Off The Soundboard: Live In Poughkeepsie (Live) - Qobuz

Guitar Solo (Live From Mid-Hudson Civic Arena, Poughkeepsie NY / 1984) (Live From Mid-Hudson Civic Arena, Poughkeepsie NY / 1984) Kiss, MainArtist - Paul Stanley, Producer, Guitar, AssociatedPerformer - Gene Simmons, Producer, Bass Guitar, AssociatedPerformer - Tony Dixon, Mastering Engineer, StudioPersonnel - Eric Carr, Drums, AssociatedPerformer, ComposerLyricist - Mark St. John, Guitar, AssociatedPerformer I Still Love You (Live From Mid-Hudson Civic Arena, Poughkeepsie NY / 1984) (Live From Mid-Hudson Civic Arena, Poughkeepsie NY / 1984 [Explicit]) hours ago Yoshiki – UK Theatrical Release Date Announced for New Music Documentary: YOSHIKI: Under The Sky Kiss, MainArtist - Paul Stanley, Producer, Guitar, AssociatedPerformer - Gene Simmons, Producer, Bass Guitar, AssociatedPerformer, ComposerLyricist - Tony Dixon, Mastering Engineer, StudioPersonnel - Eric Carr, Drums, AssociatedPerformer - Mark St. John, Guitar, AssociatedPerformer

Good stuff. I liked the 3 score setting. It is more of a historical release yet I actually like it for more reasons than that as KISS was a different live beast as in tempo speeds etc. But they were trying to keep up with the other younger acts at the time….I’m glad they didn’t edit out the tunes and left it all here..

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop