Night Angel Nemesis: 1 (The Kylar Chronicles)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

The Night Angel Trilogy: 10th Anniversary EditionNight Angel: The Complete Trilogy (omnibus) Perfect Shadow: A Night Angel Novella The Chantry plays an important role in this one. I have a big problem with atheist writers using Christian institutions in their fantasy works, and in this series the Chantry doesn't even seem to have any religious calling.... so why does it have to be called The Chantry? And OFC it acts as a bad guygal.

This book is far different to any other Night Angel book, not just the fact that it's near twice as long as the others but it revolves around a magical oceans 11 themed heist. Where Kylar and his skills are pushed to the brink and beyond...then beyond even that. We are introduced to some great characters and reintroduced to some even better familiar characters. However the locations we visit are fascinating peek into the rest of Midcyru.

AUTHOR OF THE LIGHTBRINGER SERIES AND THE NIGHT ANGEL TRILOGY

Another thing, apparently this story is taking place 8-9 months after the ending of the Night Angel trilogy… there is no way. I refuse to believe that Kylar become that much of a loser and jerk within 9 months. Every character he talks with (especially from the previous series) ends up hating him because of how much of a jerk he is, whereas everyone loved him in the last series. DR: Before the call we got talking a little bit about George R.R. Martin, and you had mentioned that he was an influence on you. So I was just curious about the story there. How did you discover George’s books? It's HILARIOUS in a bad way. Weeks has been judged many times in the past for misogynistic tropes and characters. Here the author tried to prove to us that he's learned and knows better now. As I mentioned, this is written like a journal of Kylar, and apparently this was written for Vi to read. There are random interludes where the story cuts to Vi’s point of view and she is at the chantry reading this journal because for some reason she is the only one who can. And the frustrating part is I have no idea when she is (as in timeline) or how she got this journal. All you know is she needs to read to find some clue of where Kylar’s body is?? The most annoying part is not knowing how far in the future she is when she is reading the journal.

BW: I was an early discoverer of George’s, not of his earlier work but of A Song of Ice and Fire. I think I read it in ’97? I didn’t get the hardcover version because…I was a a poor high school student, I didn’t have any money. But I saw the cover, it looked really different. I read the book and I was like oh my gosh, this is fantastic. This is really different and this writer is really good, like he’s really in control of his skills. And I liked how he was doing something that seemed really new. I'm assuming that this is a new series, but I didn't see anything explicitly say this other than it being labeled the Kylar Chronicles and I think there was a 1 by it. I suppose I'd read the next book if it comes out, but I'm definitely no longer excited about it. Unforgettable characters, a plot that kept me guessing, non-stop action and the kind of in-depth storytelling that makes me admire a writer’s work‘ Terry Brooks With rumors that a ka'kari may be found, adversaries both old and new are on the hunt. And if Kylar has learned anything, it’s that ancient magics are better left in the hands of those he can trust.But Kylar's best - and maybe only - friend, the High King Logan Gyre, needs him. To protect a fragile peace, Logan's new kingdom, and the king's twin sons, he needs Kylar to secure a powerful magical artifact that was unearthed during the war. But Kylar’s best–and maybe only–friend, the High King Logan Gyre, needs him. To protect a fragile peace, Logan’s new kingdom, and the king’s twin sons, he needs Kylar to secure a powerful magical artifact that was unearthed during the war. I could give so many more examples, but I would just end up quoting every thought of Kylar and every time he talks to someone.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop